PDA

View Full Version : PS2 vs. PSP online play, care of Yu-Gi-Oh

Shrygue
January 25th, 2008, 16:32
via Joystiq (http://www.joystiq.com/2008/01/25/ps2-vs-psp-online-play-care-of-yu-gi-oh/)

PlayStation 2 owners looking to take on their portable siblings can now do so with online battles of the new Yu-Gi-Oh! game, The Beginning of Destiny. According to the press release (via PSP Fanboy), the PS2 and PSP titles can do battle and, akin to other card battle titles, collect cards from cross-platform opponents otherwise unavailable in your version.

Sure, the PS2 is a last-gen console, but still one that sold almost 4 million units last year. We're hoping to see more cross-platform play between the two consoles.

JKKDARK
January 25th, 2008, 16:40
Good, glad to see a cross-platform PS2-PSP title- I hope we will see more :)

Elven6
January 25th, 2008, 17:10
Wow this is pretty cool, to bad their too late! If this came out when the PSP was launched, it probably could have taken off. Sure PS2 games are still made, but not like they were back then, and they don't sell like they did back then either.

The Master
January 25th, 2008, 23:15
Im confused as neither Tag Force 1 or 2 on the PSP has Infrastructure mode, although IGN seem to think so, i have both games and im an avid Yu-Gi-Oh fan and i have yet to notice infrastructure mode, can someone explain how online play between PSP and PS2 is going to work then, thanks :p