PDA

View Full Version : Need help to instal firmware

BU-Shi
January 25th, 2008, 18:00
Hello ppl

i new on here and i have been searching everywhere for the thead i need but i cant !!!!!

my prob is

i got the official , the most update 1, not sure what it is lol

i want 2 put a custom on my psp but have no idea how ??

can any1 help please

i sorry if i a pain

thank you

peace

BU-Shi :thumbup:

hodgy47
January 25th, 2008, 22:46
Firstly what firmware are you running now.

Is your psp fat or slim

And do you know anyone with a psp running custom firmware now.

Your best bet is to use pandora but i need the answers to above so you dont get the wrong info.

BU-Shi
January 26th, 2008, 00:00
sup man

thx 4 tha reply

i got a fat psp and i runnin 3.80

i dnt know ne1 who runnin custom software

but i wana use sum games i dwnloaded

it b gr8 if u cud help

thx man

BU-Shi

Shrygue
January 26th, 2008, 00:13
If it's official Sony firmware 3.80, you can only downgrade via Pandora's battery. To do that, you need another PSP that can run homebrew. You could trying buying recovery batteries online though...

BU-Shi
January 26th, 2008, 00:29
it sounds like loads of hassle man !!!!

pandoras batt

wtf ? lol

aint there no software u can jus dwnload ?

bah
January 26th, 2008, 05:41
No it is not a load of hassles, it is simple if you can follow instructions.

Info on what pandoras battery is. (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=2148004676&postcount=15)

?

There is no software you can 'just download' (what's with your english btw?).
You require either a standard PSP battery that has been converted or a Datel 'Tool' battery, AND a memory stick that has been properly set up (There are programs for PC that create it for you very easily).

Be thankful that some clever hackers (Team C&D) found out how to make use of the pandora's (service mode) battery or you wouldn't be able to install a custom firmware at all. They spent a WHOLE LOT longer developing the method than it will take you to take advantage of their efforts.

BU-Shi
January 26th, 2008, 10:14
yea thx man

i gues i av 2 check it out

i seen a couple on ebay and amazon

thx 4 tha help peeps

peace

BU-Shi

( WTF means , well jus work it out lol )

thx again :thumbup:

Wally
January 28th, 2008, 06:31
There are a few tutorials floating around,
even in the installer packages.

Im sure DCEmu has tutorials too :) worth browsing

misdirection
January 28th, 2008, 09:24
I need help too. I got file of mapthis v.05.20 but I have 3.72 in my psp. DO I HAVE TO UPDATE TO 3.71 or 3.80 m33 since my psp has 3.72 update. if it needs to update. how can i update. where can i put the update file into what folder? I use winrar. ALSO i cant find the download for GMDL. I order psp-290 thru ebay. Im waiting to get it. I wanted to set up everything before i get it. please help

bah
January 28th, 2008, 10:54
If your PSP is running the official sony firmware 3.72 then you need to install a custom (unofficial) firmware using the pandora's battery method (explained a little in the link in my previous post) before you can run any sort of homebrew. You cannot just run an 'update' on the PSP to install it.

If you are already running a custom (m33) firmware, then you do not need to update to 3.80 m33 to use mapthis. You can however update from an earlier custom firmware to 3.80 m33 pretty easily if you wanted to.

There are many guides on how to do it, just do a search.

misdirection
January 28th, 2008, 13:37
i got file of 3.80 m33 and i downloaded into winrar and extract to like G:/psp/game/upate but it kept saying the game could not be started(800201148).. i dont get it yet.

bah
January 28th, 2008, 13:55
Read my last post again.

Is the PSP currently running an official sony firmware, or a custom firmware?

misdirection
January 28th, 2008, 14:25
official sony firmware.. do i have to format it and update new one?

misdirection
January 28th, 2008, 15:05
i noticed that video tutorials at youtube, So do I have to buy battery and sd memory stick? since im deaf and cant understand what they saying. am i right about that?

misdirection
February 2nd, 2008, 14:53
why cant u answer my question?? about buying battery and sd memory stick?? be equal!

bah
February 2nd, 2008, 16:23
1) 'Be equal'? Fu#k you pissant, what have you helped me with?. The internet is predominantly text, text readmes/guides are more useful/prevalent than video ones, every bit of assistance I give is in text and provided when I have the time/If i feel like helping.

2) I am running firmware 1.5 and have never had the need for pandora personally, yet I can search for 'how to use pandora' (http://www.google.com/custom?domains=www.dcemu.co.uk&q=how+to+use+pandora&sitesearch=www.dcemu.co.uk) from the front page of dcemu, click on the first response (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=75828) and then read the post and its linked articles where I feel I need more info.

3) You do not have to buy anything if you know someone with a homebrew compatible PSP. A normal PSP battery can be converted and the memory stick can be created from any memory stick pro duo large enough with a PC via either a memory card reader or any PSP acting as such.
If you don't know anyone you can buy the battery and make the memory stick without a PSP (although the latter is illegal as it means the program contains modified sony code, it still works obviously).

This is probably a harsh response but to be honest I have a sister with cerebral palsy and know many disabled people though her. They are some of the most determined people I know so far as using what they have to the best of their abilities, and they would be the last to not bother to try to solve something their selves first.

Honestly I think you are more than likely not deaf, and are using that as a pathetic attempt to be spoon fed information you cannot be bothered searching for.
Why would a deaf person, accustomed to not hearing, look for a video guide as opposed to a text one (that are just as easily fount) first?

A quick google would have answered all your questions.

hodgy47
February 2nd, 2008, 18:38
why cant u answer my question?? about buying battery and sd memory stick?? be equal!

i noticed that video tutorials at youtube, So do I have to buy battery and sd memory stick? since im deaf and cant understand what they saying. am i right about that?

official sony firmware.. do i have to format it and update new one?

You dont need to be rude or triple post to get answers, Google is a wonderful thing you should try it one day. And christ you didnt even start this thread you just hijacked it.

This is probably a harsh response but to be honest I have a sister with cerebral palsy and know many disabled people though her. They are some of the most determined people I know so far as using what they have to the best of their abilities, and they would be the last to not bother to try to solve something their selves first.

Couldnt agree more, I know people who are disabled, and have to say quite fantastic people when it comes to patience and perseverance and dont expect the world on a plate, and most of all they are not judgemental and dont condemn people for not helping.

satan4004
February 3rd, 2008, 10:53
ooh, bit touchy aren't we, the whole purpose of this forum is for pro's to teach the n00bs, so they ask the same question over and over again, THATS what is for. anyway all n00bs try this site, plain english and pics. www.freewebs.com/pspmultiplay

hodgy47
February 3rd, 2008, 19:18
ooh, bit touchy aren't we, the whole purpose of this forum is for pro's to teach the n00bs, so they ask the same question over and over again, THATS what is for. anyway all n00bs try this site, plain english and pics. www.freewebs.com/pspmultiplay

As i have already said in another thread, if this site you promote is meant to help, your help is unsafe they dont even explain that the downgrader they readily boast is easy, could land a slim owner with a brick as it is only good for a fat psp, so as for helping noobs the site you link to quite obviously is'nt, and as for pro's helping noobs how do you think we got our pro status by sitting on our hands.

misdirection
February 8th, 2008, 12:14
whoa.. how sweet. I asked for help. plus im deaf and i cant hear what video saying in youtube. be patient with people who needs help. I did format memory stick and created pandora into memory stick. it still not working.

misdirection
February 8th, 2008, 12:20
1) 'Be equal'? Fu#k you pissant, what have you helped me with?. The internet is predominantly text, text readmes/guides are more useful/prevalent than video ones, every bit of assistance I give is in text and provided when I have the time/If i feel like helping.

2) I am running firmware 1.5 and have never had the need for pandora personally, yet I can search for 'how to use pandora' (http://www.google.com/custom?domains=www.dcemu.co.uk&q=how+to+use+pandora&sitesearch=www.dcemu.co.uk) from the front page of dcemu, click on the first response (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=75828) and then read the post and its linked articles where I feel I need more info.

3) You do not have to buy anything if you know someone with a homebrew compatible PSP. A normal PSP battery can be converted and the memory stick can be created from any memory stick pro duo large enough with a PC via either a memory card reader or any PSP acting as such.
If you don't know anyone you can buy the battery and make the memory stick without a PSP (although the latter is illegal as it means the program contains modified sony code, it still works obviously).

Honestly I think you are more than likely not deaf, and are using that as a pathetic attempt to be spoon fed information you cannot be bothered searching for.
Why would a deaf person, accustomed to not hearing, look for a video guide as opposed to a text one (that are just as easily fount) first?

A quick google would have answered all your questions.

know what... u insulted me! cerebral palsy is nothing than deaf. i dont care a shit what u saying!! I do u know why?? they can hear and speak. what about deaf. im completely deaf and cant speak. you made me sick! u think it's funny to insult. FUk OFF!!! I will make new thread about you and make u look bad! how is that?! u dipshit!

misdirection
February 8th, 2008, 12:27
i dont care how many i post.. obviously, i need help DUHHHH! u uk losers! i will find another way..