PDA

View Full Version : Project4 Open Beta 2 Released

wraggster
January 25th, 2008, 21:38
Auraomega (http://darkmessiah.byethost13.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=50) posted this news/release of a new version of his XMB Replacement for the PSP:

Hey guys, releasing Project4 Open Beta 2 now (finally), the updates are a little sparce because of exams, but some of the ones in there are pretty significant in my eyes.

This update brings about some major updates, and some requests made by people, along with some more minor bug fixes and little additions that will probably not be used.

If you install this, its suggested you have a Pandora battery at hand incase the worst comes to the worst, the code has not changed for installing/un-installing, so if there was an underlying bug, its going to remain there. This update must be a fresh install, because of its Beta status I've not bothered making an upgrade option... maybe in the next version...

Unfortunatly this hasn't been tested properly yet, its installed on my PSP, but my exams have stopped me using it much, and both of my testers have been unable to test, everything should be fine, but there may be some graphical glitches that will need to be fixed.

The config has been changed, and an explaination of the config will be posted on the themes board as it mainly links in with the themes, from there you can edit it to suit your needs. This update comes with my Crüxshadows theme (Live. Love. Be. Believe), I guess very few people will like it, and even less understand it, but it was the only one I could package without an internet connection.

Update
…it looks like everyone fell foul of a purposeful thing I added to Project4, after the problems with bricking last time around because people didn’t read the readme, I decided to NOT make a file structure, instead I hoped people would read into it and find where the file must go. The Project4 installer has a hard coded loading path, which is ms0:/PSP/GAME/Project4, you MUST have all the files in here for it to work, next time I’ll just place this in the readme I think, and I’m sorry for any problems this has caused

Heres whats new etc

Removed:

e-Book reader and the HEX reader.
pspdebug style font.
Added:

PSX loading
Screenshot function
Menu thread giving some background functions in Project4.
New menu when launching games, gives the ability to select directly what kernel you want to load in.
Added a function to load games in the background, although I’ve found none that work. Tagged as experimental.
sysDump function which is called upon a BSoD, used to check system variables.
Changed:

Added intraFont
The menu is now more advanced, you can select the location on screen icons go, and which folder they open when selected.
Folders with a . in them can now be opened.
Folders with lots of files in can now be browsed easier, instead of pressing select and up/down, just move around in the folder and the new algorithm will determine when you have run off the screen and act accordingly.
Universal Installer modules have been tweaked slightly so they no longer cause issues with some offical Sony savegame loading.
Button changes:

I found the buttons held no consistency whatsoever, so I decided to re-work the entire controls for Project4, these below show what all buttons do now:

Main Menu - Right shoulder button
File Browser - Left shoulder button
Extra Menu - Select
Accept - Cross
Cancel - Circle

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

nomi
January 26th, 2008, 05:50
The menu shoudnt be in lists... there should be something like sony has done... if its possible... Great Job nonetheless

s3vv4
January 26th, 2008, 08:48
hmm... both installers woun't work for me

Sterist
January 26th, 2008, 11:25
3.80 uninstaller bricks psp ;)