PDA

View Full Version : PSP Wi-Fi gaming questions

zim_zimmer
August 3rd, 2005, 12:03
Hi,

Just a couple of questions I would like to ask abou thte PSP... mainly its Wireless play ability.

1. Do the people who want to play a game via the Wi-Fi technology have to have the same coded PSP, ie: USA & USA PSP or can they be mixed? I'm thinking for the release of the PSP over here in the UK. I have a JAP PSP at the moment but my mates will be buying the UK version when it comes out over here. Just want to make sure I can link up to them.

2. What is the range on the Wi-Fi?? I know nothing about it, I do know that Bluetooth has a range of 10 meters most times and so wondered if you are limited on range?

Thanks in advance!!

BlackxKnight
August 3rd, 2005, 16:04
I believe the WiFi is related to your router or access points range not the accual PSP....the PSP just picks up the signal. With my Linksys 11b I can still get "Good" on my computer at 300'.

Kpow
August 3rd, 2005, 17:02
On the subject of range, one of my work colleagues and i tested it at a range of about 100 metres down our office. The PSP could talk to each other and we were testing wipeout, however at that range there was a bit of drop out with our ships moving then stopping, effective range was about 50 metres.

zim_zimmer
August 3rd, 2005, 18:01
Thanks!!

aseddon130
August 4th, 2005, 01:58
thats pretty impressive for a long distance, leaves bluetooth dead in the water really ...

i've been wondering, can any wifi card in a PC detect the PSP / visa versa? im thinking of getting a cheap one off eBay for £13 and im wondering that because i don't wanna waste money on it if it won't work ...

this is the one im thinking of getting (or similar to)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5795269946&category=45001&rd=1

with this i plan to play some games with the tunnelling programs (XBConnect) and use the Ad-Hoc mode on Twisted Metal and any other future releases ... is it suitable?

Kpow
August 4th, 2005, 22:38
As PSP is the old B service then any B, G or any future upgrade will work.