PDA

View Full Version : The 300,000th DCEmu Forum Member Celebration South Park Episode trivia

ExcruciationX
January 26th, 2008, 04:07
Most of the jokes in the script were easy to catch. Some weren't. There are spoilers ahead. If you haven't read the script, go to my profile! The link is on the left side!

The scene where lmtlmt speaks in a "high raspy voice" and lies about discussing a junk topic by saying he's "making" him "self a sandwich" are referrences to a commercial. The only one that would know what this commercial might be (becides me) is BrooksyX, so ask him. I'm not going to tell. ;)

The scene where ICE and Buddy4point0 play road bingo is a reference to A Goofy Movie.

The frequent use of "damnit" by the characters is a reference to the Timesplitters FPS games, where Cortez uses the word heavily. ICE even says "it's like that guy in that FPS" after PSdonkey's car breaks down.

The fact that characters keep getting switched out after JKKDARK suddenly appears in the big, scary guys van makes fun of the fact that everyone whines to be in the script. The joke is that in order to make room to put everyone in the script, I had to switch out characters after they spoke their one line. :p

gunntims0103
January 26th, 2008, 04:09
nice, are you planning to animate this?

lmtlmt
January 26th, 2008, 04:57
yay i had more lines than last time!

VampDude
January 26th, 2008, 07:38
nice, are you planning to animate this?

I don't think he is?

If someone wants to rise up to the challenge after the script is released, they can go right ahead.

I'm going to animate some characters though and save them as individual frames, I'm going to appear on the animated episode although I'm not in the script! :D

JKKDARK
January 26th, 2008, 17:10
good VampDude, animate me kicking ass :)

ExcruciationX
January 26th, 2008, 19:57
I saw this ahead, and only put you in the script for a second or so. May I?

Pwned.

JKKDARK
January 26th, 2008, 20:17

Pwned.

who are you and what are you doing in my house

ExcruciationX
January 26th, 2008, 20:24
who are you and what are you doing in my house
You wanted me there. :p

DarthPaul
January 26th, 2008, 22:25
Ohh.. I didn't know the script is out.

ExcruciationX
January 26th, 2008, 22:32
Yeah, look for it on my profile page (click my username above my avatar).

VampDude
January 26th, 2008, 23:47

Pwned.

Only a second you say? I gave JKK roughly 9 seconds in my 22 second SouthPark demo! (though JKK is the only person in the demo) lol :D
http://i115.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid115.photobucket.com/albums/n304/vampdude/SOUTHPARK_JKKdemo.flv

JKKDARK
January 27th, 2008, 00:49
That was amazing. I'm famous! :D

lol Steve and his big hands :p

VampDude
January 27th, 2008, 00:58
That was amazing. I'm famous! :D

lol Steve and his big hands :p

lol, I remembered from last year when you kept calling Ex "Steve" :rofl:

ExcruciationX
January 27th, 2008, 01:50
lol, I remembered from last year when you kept calling Ex "Steve" :rofl:
Maybe he was fantasizing about a guy with big hands named Steve Johnson and named me out of this fascination? ;)

Vampdude, I am quite ancious to see this script actually turned into a motion picture. I have an idea for a scene you can be in (quite simple). How about as follows (this section should go right between when PSdonkey shows up and Quzar gives lmtlmt and kcajblue infractions)?

"*Camera goes to Vampdude and gdf in a conversation over by the bar.*

Vampdude: I wonder if Qj.net is going to try and invade again...

gdf: Or...

*gdf's mouth keeps moving even though nothing is coming out.*

Vampdude: What?

*gdf trys to mouth something like he can no longer talk.*

gdf: Damnit!

*gdf grabs a pencil and paper from thin air off camera (his arm extends off camera) and writes something down. It says "**********." He then shows it to Vampdude.*

Vampdude: Oh... Why the heck did they censor that word?

gdf: The staff's trying to make us crazy or they fail!

Vampdude: Fail."

Kinda stupid, but it's an attempt.

VampDude
January 27th, 2008, 01:53
Maybe he was fantasizing about a guy with big hands named Steve Johnson and named me out of this fascination. ;)

No, he was fantasizing about your hands after seeing them hold a PSP! lol :rofl:

Napalm-Death
January 27th, 2008, 01:55
Nice animated episode. XD

ExcruciationX
January 27th, 2008, 03:21
Ha ha! My previous post is a perfect example of the crap it's making fun of! :)

Eviltaco64
January 27th, 2008, 03:49
Can I have a part

ExcruciationX
January 27th, 2008, 04:05
It's a little late now. So, I won't put Vampdude in it (to keep my promise).

Eviltaco64
January 27th, 2008, 04:07
Yeah I realized that after I posted and read that the script was complete xD

ExcruciationX
January 27th, 2008, 22:53
Maybe next time (if your well known and if I make a third one).

Video_freak
January 27th, 2008, 22:55
Dude you're actually doing this! Nice. I thought the project was ended a long time ago.

ExcruciationX
January 28th, 2008, 00:46
What? To animate it?

VampDude
January 28th, 2008, 00:51
What? To animate it?

That's what I was thinking? :confused:

ExcruciationX
January 28th, 2008, 00:57
That's what I was thinking? :confused:
Me too, but I wasn't sure (slow Sunday).

Would you mind if I lent some input on the episode? I did write it. ;)

VampDude
January 28th, 2008, 01:16
Would you mind if I lent some input on the episode? I did write it. ;)

I don't mind, hopefully by the end of next week I will have roughly half of all the characters frames sorted, and hopefully another demo but with 2 or possibly more characters. :)

ExcruciationX
January 28th, 2008, 03:36
Thanks, bro.

What about background animation? You could use S34MU5, but he'd probably leak whatever you make (he leaked the previous script to QJ.net).

VampDude
January 28th, 2008, 03:53
Thanks, bro.

What about background animation? You could use S34MU5, but he'd probably leak whatever you make (he leaked the previous script to QJ.net).

I can quite easily find backgrounds online, adding animation to the background though is quite easy, although I would be creating each frame via MSpaint (I don't know any other methods).

A leak would piss me off, if I worked with anyone I would have to be sure that they wouldn't leak what I make.

ExcruciationX
January 28th, 2008, 18:54
Okay, can I see samples once you've finished them (PM me)?

cal360
January 28th, 2008, 20:59
It will be good to see what you do to it. Try and keep it between you and Ex, VampDude. If it leaks it would be a disaster and we definitely don't want QJ getting their hands on it. Try and copyright it, make it a DCemu exclusive.

VampDude
January 28th, 2008, 21:41
It will be good to see what you do to it. Try and keep it between you and Ex, VampDude. If it leaks it would be a disaster and we definitely don't want QJ getting their hands on it. Try and copyright it, make it a DCemu exclusive.

I don't have anything to do with anyone QJ.net or QJ.com or whatever it's called so I doubt it will get leaked. I don't think I can copyright the South Park side of it (if I was going to), as South Park itself is already copyrighted, and they would probably sue for likenesses and use of the name if I attempted to copyright it.

cal360
January 28th, 2008, 21:44
I don't have anything to do with anyone QJ.net or QJ.com or whatever it's called so I doubt it will get leaked. I don't think I can copyright the South Park side of it (if I was going to), as South Park itself is already copyrighted, and they would probably sue for likenesses and use of the name if I attempted to copyright it.

All I'm saying is don't give it to anyone no matter what it's made for DCemu so it should be only be seen by DCemu:D. I just don't want it to be released at QJ, they could easily change the names and make it seem like they made it.

ExcruciationX
January 28th, 2008, 21:59
Cal360, great game on Halo 3. :)

I totally doubt QJ.net would steal it and claim they made it. I've been over there, they seem like nice folk.

cal360
January 28th, 2008, 22:12
Cal360, great game on Halo 3. :)

I totally doubt QJ.net would steal it and claim they made it. I've been over there, they seem like nice folk.

That was a good game. I haven't played for a while I was pretty bad compared to you. You're a brilliant sniper all I kept hearing was that other guy say 'Ex is sniping' and then I was dead.

I dought they'll steal it but I like it quite a lot :D. QJ's meant to be quiet on the forums anyway so I doesn't really matter then.

ExcruciationX
January 28th, 2008, 22:52
Yeah, that's someone I played with on team slayer a week ago.