PDA

View Full Version : [RELEASE] Antiupdate plugin V2 for 3.80 M33

Mashphealh
January 26th, 2008, 08:48
Copy&Paste from my blog

Now it locks official Sony updates and don’t lock any more, only sony updates. When the PSP is started it read the EBOOT.PBP of UPDATE folder, if you are on the xmb and change it, you must restart PSP for that the plugin lock or not lock the new eboot. I’ll search the nid of the function that launch sony updates from umds for lock it too.

Download : http://www.sendspace.com/file/jv6tdc

darkness angel 777
January 26th, 2008, 16:36
what does this do??

hodgy47
January 26th, 2008, 17:59
It stops the update from umd's running if you click by accident or something but i cant imagine there will be many umd's with 3.81 update on them just as yet, But still handy though. However if it locks the network update it's not much use as this feature now links directly to DA's updates, so you would'nt really want that locked.
I had read somewhere that there is something that actually hides the update icon for umd's from view, this might do the same.

Addy771
January 27th, 2008, 20:31
If you're on DA firmware and you try to run a sony update, you get error "DADADADA" which prevents you from updating.

Mashphealh
January 28th, 2008, 10:08
If you're on DA firmware and you try to run a sony update, you get error "DADADADA" which prevents you from updating.
No.
Since 3.71 m33 Dax removed this because he need folder UPDATE to run his cfws updates.
My plugin read the eboot.pbp of UPDATE folder and if it's of sony will lock it, else, won't lock it.

Addy771
January 28th, 2008, 10:15
No.
Since 3.71 m33 Dax removed this because he need folder UPDATE to run his cfws updates.
My plugin read the eboot.pbp of UPDATE folder and if it's of sony will lock it, else, won't lock it.

Ah, you're right. I just tried to run a 3.80 sony update on 3.71 M33, and it did not produce the error code.

Mashphealh
January 28th, 2008, 10:17
Ah, you're right. I just tried to run a 3.80 sony update on 3.71 M33, and it did not produce the error code.
This plugin only has one defect. For read the eboot you must reset PSP. If on UPDATE plugin there is eboot of sony, it'll lock it but if you change for example by Addon Kernel it won't lock it if you don't reset the PSP.

Cheers.

Wally
January 28th, 2008, 11:07
Nice idea at the right time!

Good going!