PDA

View Full Version : Interview with David Reeves about PS3 Performace in PAL territories

wraggster
January 26th, 2008, 23:15
* How is PlayStation Network doing in PAL territories?
* One thing that has surprised us is in network purchases and the level of interest that has been shown around the network business. We've gone from zero to almost double digit millions in terms of what people have purchased in euros. And we're obviously very happy about this. I suppose you might ask whether the retail trade would be worried about it. But what we're seeing is that most of these purchases are incremental.
And we're working very closely with the retail trade, particularly countries like France, where Carrefour has its own online retail programme. Even in emerging markets some of the trade are already looking to work with us on joint marketing programmes.
We've now got about two million PlayStation Network registrations. That's about 40 per cent of users who are registering. We've also had about 33m downloads which is a huge, huge number. And we've got 25 stores up and running across the PAL territories. That, of course, is one of the reasons why it's sometimes slow to get some of the uploads onto the European PlayStation store; we have so many stores.

* What everyone is interested in, of course, are the top line numbers...
* Well, Sony Corporation will be announcing the full numbers shortly, so we have to steer away from installed base. But I can give you some figures...
I would call December something of a trinity, because we sold just over a million PlayStation 3s during the month. That's across all PAL territories and that's a sell-through figure.
About 20 to 22 per cent of that figure was sold in the UK alone; we're very happy with our performance in the UK.

http://www.mcvuk.com/interviews