PDA

View Full Version : Special Patapon Demo Now Available

wraggster
January 26th, 2008, 23:17
Rhythm fans might just have a new reason to celebrate the upcoming release of Patapon. Recently, the title's price was reduced to $19.99 (a price typically reserved for Sony's Greatest Hits series) to highlight its unique gameplay. Today, this news was followed up with an announcement on the Playstation Blog of a unique demo with exclusive content for the final title.

Currently available at any Gamestop for players that pre-order the title, the Patapon trial will include a few levels of the game and a demo-only weapon for the diminutive Patapons known as The Spear of Protection. What makes the demo special is that players will be able to save their progress from the demo and transfer their progress to the final retail product with the exclusive Spear of Protection along with any stats they've received. This will give players an edge with the retail version, instead of having to start from the beginning without anything. We'll have more on the upcoming rhythm title soon.

Update: Shortly after we posted our piece on the Patapon Demo, we were contacted by a Sony representative, who informed us that the demo will be available at Gamestops "within a week or two."

http://uk.psp.ign.com/articles/847/847775p1.html

DarthPaul
January 27th, 2008, 01:38
Patapon looks(is) awesome! It's one of the "most wanted" PSP games on my list.

The_It
January 27th, 2008, 07:26
... no downloadable demo?

mike_jmg
January 27th, 2008, 09:33
this one feels like the new loco roco, and I hated loco roco.

So I don't have my hopes too high on this one, sorry

tisti
January 27th, 2008, 17:34
The japanese version is alright.
But it makes you crazy with the music, just the same as loco roco did with its singing.
PON PON PATA PON or PATA PATA PATA PON.

You'll know what I mean when you play it :D