PDA

View Full Version : Custom firmware or downgrade

kennyk
January 27th, 2008, 02:10
I have a new v3.71 PSP slim and want to install custom firmware (or at least downgrade to 1.5). Does anyone have a tutorial for doing this? I have a Datel battery service tool coming in the mail soon. From what I hear, it works the same as a pandora battery. I do not have access to another PSP, let alone a homebrew capable PSP, so I hope it isn't required to have another.

I really appreciate any help.

hodgy47
January 27th, 2008, 02:30
Just google for an easy installer most of them make the memstick on the pc now without the need for another psp and if you have the tool battery you really wont need a psp with cfw.

Do you have msn?

Wally
January 28th, 2008, 06:29
First of all.
a) slims dont run 1.50
b) You dont downgrade slims.

You need Pandora's GUI to do stuff with the memory stick. (Google is your friend here)

kennyk
January 28th, 2008, 22:39
Thanks for the tips. I hadn't thought a slim wouldn't run 1.5. It will run custom firmware, won't it?

And I have pandora's gui, but I wasn't sure if it was the tool I needed for a slim.
Thanks again :)

hodgy47
January 29th, 2008, 16:47
Yes it will run custom firmware but only 3.60m33 or higher and with it being a slim you will need despertar cementario v3 or v4 to install custom firmware to the slim.
And yes the tool battery works in slims.

jun_pakaplog
February 16th, 2008, 14:51
hello guys kinda new here. got a problem with a cfw 3.52-m33. i replaced files on flash0 and flash1 now my psp isnt working but if u insert a umd it will run. aside from that notin is working. can u help me guys to solve my problem? im phillippines by the way. my psp is from japan

hodgy47
February 16th, 2008, 18:46
hello guys kinda new here. got a problem with a cfw 3.52-m33. i replaced files on flash0 and flash1 now my psp isnt working but if u insert a umd it will run. aside from that notin is working. can u help me guys to solve my problem? im phillippines by the way. my psp is from japan

Did you use a backup of your own flash0 or someone elses, cos you have a file named idstorage.prx inside the kd or km folder and it should only be replaced with your own backed up copy.

shanius
March 12th, 2008, 23:38
Hey im a complete noob when it comes to psp homebrew, i have been trying to play custom games on my psp.

problem is i get an error msg. ("80020148 - Prx not supported" [i looked it up :D])

I have a 3.90 version psp n i cant work out how to downgrade it, any ideas?

FoShizzle17
March 14th, 2008, 23:03
you can make a pandora battery and magic memory stick and then install custom firmware. Use this guide (http://www.pspmod.com/forums/psp-hardware-guides/23428-guide-making-pandoras-battery-new-method.html) (must be using PSP fat). It worked for me.

russell24652050
March 20th, 2008, 08:59
hi new here heard from a freind,how do i install firmware 3.90 or any other to make my psp work of memory card games! and where can i get any downloads of this program.