PDA

View Full Version : I'm angry at myself...

ExcruciationX
January 27th, 2008, 05:58
It all started a few minutes ago when I tried to draw something. A simple doodle. And I couldn't bring something simple from my head to the god damn paper and it frustrates me. In this anger I feel right now, I realize I might be living on the edge with a long way down...

I have a cursed mind. I'm quick, but a moron. I can't do math, or anything in school without help from someone else. I can create landscapes just from being quick, but I can't put them on paper. Why me? Why couldn't I have been a normal person that can do math and actually do something to help this forsaken race's problems whenever it ****s up?

bah
January 27th, 2008, 07:18
If you enjoy art then keep it up/stick with it man, the world needs the arts and culture as much as it does mathematicians.

Don't stress. :)

shadowprophet
January 27th, 2008, 12:45
Patience is your problem brother. You cant force an image from your mind at the spur of the moment, It takes practice,Start with very simple details and expand on them. :cool:

beetroot bertie
January 27th, 2008, 13:09
You sound remarkably human for an alien :P

It's just frustration, man. I get it loads and usually it makes me want to quit, but you've got to get through it. Be prepared to make some mistakes and don't expect things to be right from the beginning. Usually if I can't get something down on paper, it due to me not properly visualising it in my head first.

Maybe take some time to quietly visualise whatever you're trying to draw in your mind. Chill out, listen to some cool tunes and don't be so hard on yourself.

Or go play Call Of Duty on Veteran to learn what frustration's really like ;)

lmtlmt
January 27th, 2008, 13:34
when ever i am coding something i try to think of an idea right, its usually late at night when i code. I give up, shut down my computer and go to bed, as I;m laying in bed i start to get all these fantastic ideas, but i cant do anything with them and by morning only a few of those ideas remain.

ExcruciationX
January 27th, 2008, 14:48
Thanks guys. :)

I'll go draw something...