PDA

View Full Version : Compiler Issues

Addy771
January 27th, 2008, 07:43
I know that you must get hundreds of these topics, sorry for bothering you guys.

I can't seem to get my PSP compiler to work. I posted in the actual thread, but there hasn't been a reply, so, here it is.

Thank you very much for putting together this guide; I was having a lot of trouble with PSPtoolchain, endless install errors.

I'm having a problem with this though, and I've done a bunch of things to try and solve it. The error I get now is "/lib/build.mak:24: *** missing separator. Stop.".

This is my makefile

PSPSDK = $(shell psp-config --pspsdk-path)
TARGET = controller_basic
OBJS = main.o

INCDIR =
CFLAGS = -O2 -G0 -Wall
CXXFLAGS = $(CFLAGS) -fno-exceptions -fno-rtti
ASFLAGS = $(CFLAGS)

LIBDIR =
LDFLAGS =

EXTRA_TARGETS = EBOOT.PBP
PSP_EBOOT_TITLE = Basic controller sample

include $(PSPSDK)/lib/build.mak

And this is my start.bat

cd C:\pspdev\psp\sdk\samples\controller\basic
make
cmd

I've added the PATH variables manually already, they weren't working before. It kept adding a space before '/bin' in one of the paths, and that messed it up.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Wally
January 28th, 2008, 06:06
Tried updating the SDK through SVN?

Addy771
January 28th, 2008, 08:06
Tried updating the SDK through SVN?

How would I go about doing that?

And thank you for helping me :D

Wally
January 28th, 2008, 08:22
Im assuming you are using unix or Winblowz.

type
svn co svn://svn.ps2dev.org/psp/pspsdk then run the configure or bootstrap script. what ever it is.

good luck.

If that doesnt fix it, then reinstall the entire toolchain.

Addy771
January 28th, 2008, 08:34
Im assuming you are using unix or Winblowz.

type
svn co svn://svn.ps2dev.org/psp/pspsdk then run the configure or bootstrap script. what ever it is.

good luck.

If that doesnt fix it, then reinstall the entire toolchain.

I'm not using the toolchain anymore, I'm using the software stickied in this forum(http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=25564).

JLF65
January 29th, 2008, 01:47
I'm not using the toolchain anymore, I'm using the software stickied in this forum(http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=25564).

Any pre-compiled toolkit will be out of date. Many changes have been made to pspsdk, and continue to be made regularly. Most pre-made kits are REALLY out of date - not supporting the slim, for example.

It's best to set up the toolchain from the script supplied in the repo. If you can't get the tollchain and libraries set up, you're likely to have trouble making PSP specific programs. Note: if you're trying to set up the toolchain via CygWin in Windows, there are and always have been issues with the version of CygWin used. You should read some of the threads on it at the PS2DEV forums.

The latest tutorial on setting up the toolchain and libraries in linux is found here: http://www.guztech.nl/tutorials/38-psp

Addy771
January 30th, 2008, 00:14
I tried many times to get psptoolchain to install.

Right now, I don't really care which compiler I'm using, as long as I can actually get into compiling.

I would've installed the psptoolchain on my linux PC, but it requires internet access.

Wally
January 31st, 2008, 11:22
Why cant you use the internet on Linux?

It should "Just work"

Addy771
January 31st, 2008, 16:51
Because it is across the house, and I can't move it to where my internet connection is. I do have a wireless router, and the linux PC has a wireless card in it, but it never finds the network. And I know the router works fine, because I connect to it regularly on my PSP for online play.

Wally
January 31st, 2008, 22:23
maybe you haven't set linux up properly, or it doesnt support the wireless card.

Addy771
January 31st, 2008, 22:51
It supports and recognizes the card; it's set to roaming mode and it can't pick up the router. I also tried manually editing the SSID and configuration, and it still didn't work.

Wally
February 3rd, 2008, 07:33
hmm.. probably the drivers you are using :/

Alternatively, why not just run a temporary ethernet cable between the router and the linux system?

Addy771
February 3rd, 2008, 23:27
The system is all the way on another floor, and I do not have a cable that long, nor would my parents like having that cable trailing around everywhere.

Wally
February 4th, 2008, 22:40
well it'd be only to get the system up and running. Regardless you just speak of the system on another floor? That's your problem then, the signal mustn't be too strong then.

Have you checked your Firmware on the router?

Blimey, why not just get a Mac? It'd make it good.

Addy771
February 6th, 2008, 04:38
That's your problem then, the signal mustn't be too strong then.

My PSP gets a strong signal no matter where I am in my house.

The linux computer is directly above the router, so it should be getting excellent reception.

As for getting a Mac, I don't have the money to buy a new computer, and nor would I buy a Mac. I've never liked Mac computers since Steve Jobs stepped in.

Wally
February 6th, 2008, 21:41
You should look at them a bit better :P

Steve did some good things! ^_^

Im assuming your linux computer has some driver issues. There is a way you can override the need for the internet is to download GCC / Binutils and whatever else separately and then put them in the toolchain folder and run the scripts. :)