PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy 8 PSP Fix?

Mazu
January 27th, 2008, 17:15
In most fights on FF8, when you go to summon or use magic it will freeze. Was a fix ever found for this? I searched dcemu but found nothing...

SoulReaver911
January 27th, 2008, 19:49
What custom firmware are you running, and are you using popstation?

The answer to your question is most likely that FF8 runs like crap on 3.80 m33. (I know most rpgs do.) This means popstation will solve all of your problems.

http://www.dark-alex.org/

EDIT: I vaguely mentioned popstation where I meant to specifically state Popsloader which is entirely different. It's a plugin that lets you optimize PSX compatibility by letting you specify what firmware you want the game to run under. So if you are using 3.80 you might try using 3.72 or 3.71 and so forth.

SaGe3k
January 31st, 2008, 12:46
What custom firmware are you running, and are you using popstation?

The answer to your question is most likely that FF8 runs like crap on 3.80 m33. (I know most rpgs do.) This means popstation will solve all of your problems.

http://www.dark-alex.org/

EDIT: I vaguely mentioned popstation where I meant to specifically state Popsloader which is entirely different. It's a plugin that lets you optimize PSX compatibility by letting you specify what firmware you want the game to run under. So if you are using 3.80 you might try using 3.72 or 3.71 and so forth.

I ripped my own Iso of the Disks and it's working fine. I just made it to disk 2 and have no lock ups so far. I will admit there is the usual slow down and it did freeze the first time I ran thru the Communications Tower. But since the Reboot it's been working fine. I'm using 3.80M33-4 OS a POP's Loader 3.60.

SoulReaver911
January 31st, 2008, 22:56
Yeah that's the ticket.

I first tried it on 3.40 (though I barely played it) and I didn't notice any slowdown what- so-ever. You might try that.

ganon
February 1st, 2008, 19:40
what about game id? i thought that fixed it?

SoulReaver911
February 3rd, 2008, 00:21
Fixed what? The Communication Tower crash?

That's on the first disc, and I can't see how altering the game id would make a difference.

Enlighten me. :D