PDA

View Full Version : Pocket Physics v0.3

wraggster
January 27th, 2008, 21:47
News/release from Oxtob: (http://blog.dev-scene.com/0xtob/2008/01/27/pocket-physics-v03/)

Here’s a new version with a larger drawing area, dual screen support, updated physics and more!

I really like the idea of the popular minigame Crayon Physics: You draw an object on the screen and it instantly becomes physical and interacts with other objects. The first thing that sprung to my mind when seeing it was "This would be awesome on the DS!" And Pocket Physics is what I came up with after two weeks. It isn't really a game, but more of a physical construction kit for your pocket. You can design scenes freely by drawing things with the stylus. Things can be solid, like ramps and floors, or dynamic, like balls or boxes. Like in The Incredible Machine, you can reset the scene, change it, and start the simulation again. It's even more fun if you have a DS Motion, which can be used to control gravity!

v0.3 (2008-01-27)
larger paper (3x3 screens)
scrolling using either D-Pad, ABXY, or pen (hold L or R)
dual screen support (overview on top, zoomed view on bottom)
open shapes (drawn shapes are only closed if the end is close to the start)
Using the actual shape for picking => o more accidential deletions
updated to box2d 2.0 (svn r20)
using ds hw div/sqrt in box2d
if simulation is behind time, 2 steps are performed at once => subjectively faster
faster and better drawing code
pins are hidden during simulation

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

stevo11185
January 27th, 2008, 23:15
wow....just wow. This version is infinitely better than previous ones. The draw tool now works properly and i have not had any crashes yet. The speed is smooth and this is turning into an awesome homebrew....maybe a level editor would be nice and saving, but this can wait. We should all thank the creator of this app

onetwentyeight
January 28th, 2008, 01:50
my wife got a kick out of the old one, so i can't wait to see what this one holds!

Taris
January 28th, 2008, 02:54
astounding! :D
The bigger drawing field makes a huge difference, i love this game!
Looking forward to a save feature and optimized physics code :):thumbup:

iofthestorm
January 28th, 2008, 03:25
Nice! So many great releases in one day! I can't wait to try this out, I only hope it's less apt to crash after long amounts of time. Even with the crashes, it's incredibly addicting.

Carn
January 28th, 2008, 05:44
Indeed by the next release I'll probably stop playing World Of Sand altogether. I like sandbox style games and this is perfect for me.

I can't imagine what a full 1.0 release would be like.

SchecterRocker
January 28th, 2008, 06:16
First the amazing Nitrotracker, and now this? :) Wow.

IMHO, saving would make this app perfect.

Thanks so much!

Tripsk8er333
January 28th, 2008, 17:07
Imaginative and Simply GREAT Homebrew.

Keep up the Good Work.

Jan-H
January 28th, 2008, 19:27
Very nice work.

mechanicalchildren
January 29th, 2008, 02:21
Hells Yeah! This app is one of thee most addicte homebrews! You know i be contsructed some cars while im going #2

-MECH

masterchief929
January 29th, 2008, 21:14
the previous release was world of sand's owner and this one is ten thousand times better! what i have to say about this one is THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!... shall i go on?

masterchief929
January 29th, 2008, 21:18
i love how it asks if i want to destroy the world! it makes me feel so destructive! rofl