PDA

View Full Version : Need a plugin

ric1992
January 27th, 2008, 22:51
I don't know why, but my Home button suddenly stopped working.
Ive tried opening the PSP but I couldn't find any solutions.
So I though, there are so many plugins that do so many useful and crazy stuff, there must be one that can change the button, for example, switch the note button, which is of no use to me, with the home button, which I need to play PS1 games in full screen, hear music while watching photos, etc...
Do any of you know any plugin that has such feature?
Also, if anyone knows how to fix the home button problem, that would be very appreciated. Im in 3.80m33-5, if that can help.

Video_freak
January 27th, 2008, 22:53
Did it stop working after an update? If that's the case, the firmware may be corrupt. Instead of looking for a plugin, I'd downgrade back to 1.50, see if the home button works, and then update back to OE. If you're really unlucky, the motherboard may have been physically scratched or something. Sony should cover that if you have had your PSP less than a year though.

ric1992
January 27th, 2008, 23:01
Did it stop working after an update? If that's the case, the firmware may be corrupt. Instead of looking for a plugin, I'd downgrade back to 1.50, see if the home button works, and then update back to OE. If you're really unlucky, the motherboard may have been physically scratched or something. Sony should cover that if you have had your PSP less than a year though.

I recently upgraded to 3.80m33-5, so that may be the problem.
However, how can I downgrade my PSP back to 1.50?
Also, since I bought my PSP at launch, I have little choice but to repair it myself, since Warranty has ended.

Video_freak
January 27th, 2008, 23:10
Since you aren't running the official firmware, I think you can just install the 1.50 update regularly. Just put the 1.5 eboot.pbp in this location and run it from the Games section.

ms0:/PSP/Game/Recovery/eboot.pbp

If you need the 1.5 eboot, it is here (http://www.psp-hacks.com/category/43).

Sorry for the outside link if I'm not allowed...

SoulReaver911
January 28th, 2008, 00:00
I would suggest reseting the flash. (This is different from upgrading or downgrading.)

Go into recovery (shut down the psp completely and hold R trigger as you turn it on until it comes up) and select the option "Advanced" and then the option "Format flash1 and reset settings."

I had a couple of problems when I upgraded the firmware to 3.80 and this cleared it up right away. However it had nothing to do with the buttons themselves, just the flash. Though I suspect it's completely possible that the flash is not accepting the home button when it is pressed as an action and is completely ignoring it somehow.

Be aware that when you reset the flash, you will delete all your previous settings (like user name and theme settings.)

Sorry if this isn't any help to you.

ric1992
January 28th, 2008, 14:35
I would suggest reseting the flash. (This is different from upgrading or downgrading.)

Go into recovery (shut down the psp completely and hold R trigger as you turn it on until it comes up) and select the option "Advanced" and then the option "Format flash1 and reset settings."

I had a couple of problems when I upgraded the firmware to 3.80 and this cleared it up right away. However it had nothing to do with the buttons themselves, just the flash. Though I suspect it's completely possible that the flash is not accepting the home button when it is pressed as an action and is completely ignoring it somehow.

Be aware that when you reset the flash, you will delete all your previous settings (like user name and theme settings.)

Sorry if this isn't any help to you.

I have already tried that, and it didn't work. Thanks anyway for the help.

ric1992
January 28th, 2008, 17:31
Oh Boy, My PSP bricked while doing the recovery procedure. I'll have to wait till after tomorrow for friend of mine to use his pandora kit and fix it.
Meanwhile, I really think I better use a plugin that will allow me to change home to another button. Anyone can help?

SoulReaver911
January 28th, 2008, 18:19
Damn I'm sorry your psp got bricked.

Whenever you get it unbricked try this plugin.

http://dl.qj.net/PSP-ButtonHook-for-FW2.71-v1.28-PSP-Homebrew-Applications/pg/12/fid/11219/catid/151

It is a button swapper (I think.) It says it's for just FW 2.71, but I doubt you'd have too much trouble getting it to run.

Then again, that just might brick you psp again, so use with discretion and preferably while your friend is still around just in case you brick it again.