PDA

View Full Version : PSX-PSP Exploit ?

wraggster
January 27th, 2008, 22:53
Art posted this:

Hi Guys,
I'm not sure if the Popstation exploit was all handled in the
EBOOT.PBP itself, or something was done in CFW to make them run.

Could someone with ORIGINAL FIRMWARE please try running this brew
in the same manner as a popstation game?
It might be handy to have a way into original FW, even if user mode.
Thanks, Art.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

phsychokill
January 27th, 2008, 23:16
to me it wont work in the original firmware as the pops loader uses its own prx files to oviride the need for the keys and encription so im betting this will do the same as any other homebrew on an officail firmware.

porchemasi
January 28th, 2008, 00:27
someone with a pandora battery upgrade to official 3.80 fw and test this out!

sappo
January 28th, 2008, 00:33
What use about an exploit? Fat or Slim, whatever firmware you got, use Despertar del Cementerio v4 with a Pandora Battery and you've got directly M33 3.80-5.

phsychokill
January 28th, 2008, 00:46
your asuming the person is able to get hold of the battery and mem card that needs to be made on an already exploited psp.

malgora
January 28th, 2008, 01:05
its always fun to try and find new things, thats what this person is doing, and good on them

phsychokill
January 28th, 2008, 01:10
yep good for them trying but alot of things like this that ask for some1 to try it are just normaly a stab in the dark that never works the fact is if they person who made it was serious about it he would of done a pandora and tried it on his own psp.

sappo
January 28th, 2008, 01:18
your asuming the person is able to get hold of the battery and mem card that needs to be made on an already exploited psp.

Yeah, but who doesn't have a friend with a PSP :P

And you could always buy one on the intarwebz.

piru550
January 28th, 2008, 01:24
ON 3.71 said copyright protection information not valid. trying 3.80 now.

phsychokill
January 28th, 2008, 01:38

i didnt i got my psp at launch all the people i know with them now got them alot more recently and had them done by me so you will find alot of people who cant get them as for the internet you may beable to get the batteries done but to send the contents of the memory stick is illegal even ebay wont sell it and you will be lucky to find a setup card anywere else.

piru550
January 28th, 2008, 01:56
3.80 sais same thing sorry.

sappo
January 28th, 2008, 01:56
i didnt i got my psp at launch all the people i know with them now got them alot more recently and had them done by me so you will find alot of people who cant get them as for the internet you may beable to get the batteries done but to send the contents of the memory stick is illegal even ebay wont sell it and you will be lucky to find a setup card anywere else.

Oook, that's right. But I think it's a bit difficult that Sony has leaved something to do an exploit in the latest firmwares.

And the big guys of the downgrade scene (Noobz, Dark_Alex, Matieulh) don't have interest anymore in searching a new exploit as Pandora and Despertar del Cementerio has been released.

So I think it's pretty difficult that someone can find an exploit, now.

osgeld
January 28th, 2008, 02:09
the point was this could be a handy way to run homebrew on official firmware, just in case m33 drops off the face of the earth today

and to the op, sorry i dont have a pandora handy or id try it myself (getting a official battery is on my list, i dont think my crappy X2 i got as a clearance open box item would do the trick, feel free to inform me if otherwise)

sappo
January 28th, 2008, 02:35
the point was this could be a handy way to run homebrew on official firmware, just in case m33 drops off the face of the earth today

and to the op, sorry i dont have a pandora handy or id try it myself (getting a official battery is on my list, i dont think my crappy X2 i got as a clearance open box item would do the trick, feel free to inform me if otherwise)

Even if M33 drops off the face of the earth today, Pandora would still work :P

Simply there wouldn't be no-one to update it in the future, if Sony changes something.

By the way, finding an exploit now, would mean the same thing. Sony would patch it immediately in the next firmware release, so it would be exactly the same thing as M33 disappearing :P

piru550
January 28th, 2008, 02:48
hello tried 3.80 and 3.71 doesnt work

No_one_in_particular
January 28th, 2008, 03:04
What use about an exploit? Fat or Slim, whatever firmware you got, use Despertar del Cementerio v4 with a Pandora Battery and you've got directly M33 3.80-5.
It's much easier ?

Fantasy land !

Yeh, cos that's a better alternative...

By the way, finding an exploit now, would mean the same thing. Sony would patch it immediately in the next firmware release, so it would be exactly the same thing as M33 disappearing :P
Obviously, but the point is this would be an easier fix for the late-comers, regardless of whether it will be eventually patched.

Sterist
January 28th, 2008, 03:36
Art posted this:

Hi Guys,
I'm not sure if the Popstation exploit was all handled in the
EBOOT.PBP itself, or something was done in CFW to make them run.

Could someone with ORIGINAL FIRMWARE please try running this brew
in the same manner as a popstation game?
It might be handy to have a way into original FW, even if user mode.
Thanks, Art.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

i tried it and got "The copyright protection information is invalid."

unstoppable_96
January 28th, 2008, 03:58
I got " The copyright protection information is invalid" also, Im pretty sure wev ruled out the fact it works on 3.71 or 3.80

phsychokill
January 28th, 2008, 12:22
thought as much as if it was that simple dax wouldnt have to make the popsloader for the custom firmwares.

newb_fo_life
January 28th, 2008, 14:51
someone with a pandora battery upgrade to official 3.80 fw and test this out!

you could just try it with 3.80 m33-1,2,3,4,5 but with no 1.50 kernal addon?

omracer
January 28th, 2008, 20:32
i've tried it on my 3.50 FW PSP.
said u must activate the system
Don't explain what it means casue i know it.

BTW Why did you name it Gran Turismo.

phsychokill
January 28th, 2008, 20:57
you could just try it with 3.80 m33-1,2,3,4,5 but with no 1.50 kernal addon?
m33 is designed to run unsigned code its not to get the 1.5 running it to get homebrew running on a officail firmware so basicaly what you sugest just would prove that the thing was a peice of homebrew not if it was actualy an exploit.

and in reply to the post above it is called that as it is a hacked game for popstation as the person making this assumed there was nothing in the custom firmware to make it work but realising you need an addon to use pops would of let the person know this wouldnt work without trying it.