PDA

View Full Version : PSP to Control PS3 ?

wraggster
August 3rd, 2005, 22:59
New details regarding the capabilities of PS3 have emerged and it seems that instead of playing with PS3 through a pad, you can use your PSP instead.

However, you will be able to use your PSP's WiFi capability to play movies and flick through all of the files and folders on your PS3 from the comfort of your sofa. And since the two machines will also share Memory Stick Duo cards, you will be able to transfer photos and films between the devices.

This will be particularly handy for watching TV on the go, as it seems Sony is planning a peripheral which will allow you to record TV programmes straight on to PS3's option hard disk and watch them later - either at home or on the move.

Read the full post at http://ps3-evolution.dcemu.co.uk

Martin
August 3rd, 2005, 23:41
This is real cool news. :)

shadowprophet
August 4th, 2005, 07:05
(sure neighbor, I knew that you could :p )

I mean sure the idea that the psp can controll the ps3 is nifty.
But its the execution of the plan that lacks.
I mean the psp has controll issues anyway.
Try playing street fighter on a psp somtime, getting those diagonal moves in is impossible.

I honestly cant see people useing there psps as a ps3 a controller anyway.
Damn why break the flimsy thing .And degrade its already fragiel design by giveing it un'needed ware. just to controll a ps3 game with less then half the accuracy of what a standerd ps3 controller would have.

Well with that said. Have beautiful day in the freaking neighborhood :eek:

Im outtie.

Fly On
August 4th, 2005, 23:39
Uh, I don't know about you dude, but I don't slam on the buttons of my tv remote when I use it. Neither do I throw it around the room. I don't see how simple button pressing is giving the PSP unneeded ware.
Of course for games you are definatly going to use a regular PS3 controller. But when a time comes when you wanna play, but need another controller, a PSP is a great alternative if you already have one.
I personally think this is great.

P.S. I have already dropped my PSP once. All that happened was that the battery lid opened up (yeah, I know, I got lucky :p ). I don't think the PSP is a fragile as we think.

Ziro
August 5th, 2005, 00:14
Uh, I don't know about you dude, but I don't slam on the buttons of my tv remote when I use it. Neither do I throw it around the room. I don't see how simple button pressing is giving the PSP unneeded ware.
Of course for games you are definatly going to use a regular PS3 controller. But when a time comes when you wanna play, but need another controller, a PSP is a great alternative if you already have one.
I personally think this is great.

P.S. I have already dropped my PSP once. All that happened was that the battery lid opened up (yeah, I know, I got lucky :p ). I don't think the PSP is a fragile as we think.

Yeah, and not only that but think of the possibilities besides replacing your PS3 controller. Think of how the Gamecube uses the GBA.
Imagine in sport games. So the TV screen is centered around the main focus (where the ball is) while your PSP's are focused on the player you're controlling.

Or do something like Zelda's Four Swords. When you're outside, you see it on the TV. When you go inside, you see it on the PSP.

Or if you're playing a multiplayer competitive game- use the PSP screen to make choices you wouldn't want the other player seeing on the TV screen. This same idea was around since the Dreamcast VMU

RedKing14CA
August 5th, 2005, 00:33
dude, so can i watch my UMD pirates of the caribbean on the big screen? or just the movies on the psp? and, will you need like, 3.0 firmware :(

shadowprophet
August 5th, 2005, 03:56
I take very good care of my psp.
But its a flimsy little device. And yeah just takeing it out to press the buttons as a controller is gonna cause it ware. without banging it up aginst the wall or slaming it on the floor.
Its not gonna be a good controller for the ps3, And you will see that once you try this out.
But theres always gonna be people who just dont see things my way, I never asked people to see things my way. By all means try thiis once the ps3 hits.
When you use your psp for every little gimmick that comes out, thats adding ware to it. And in fact the thing is so fragiel .Every time you use it its adding ware to it. I dont want to go into physics here. So i'll put it this way. since we live in a physical dimension. And the psp being physical itself. like most all things. Being as the damn things is flimsy and ready to fall apart right out of the box already. How can one say that useing it as a controller for a console system wont cause it ware?

Maybe the reason I state these things is because im (too) careful with my psp. And even tho I could just go get another psp. I dont feel like lineing sonys pockets any more then I have too.
And thats just speaking of the quality issue of the psp.
lets talk about the controlls for just a moment?

No lets not. Everbody already knows,
Simple fact is my points where made, no one is obligated to agree with them.
But fact is fact. The psp is too flimsy. The ir port is too slow. And just the design of this thing would cause it to be a very unorthadox and unaturaly uncomfortiblel console controller.And those people that waould really dig this idea. would really only like the theory. The execution of this plan is where it fails.

However. the ps3 will use memstick duo's huh ? Now thats an idea I could really like,that sounds completely snizzle :p

Fly On
August 5th, 2005, 21:34
dude, so can i watch my UMD pirates of the caribbean on the big screen? or just the movies on the psp? and, will you need like, 3.0 firmware :(
According to the article, only media on your memstick, so you won't need to upgrade your firmware. It would be awesome if there was a umd movie drive or peripheral for the PS3. Or if you could stream stuff from the PSP.