PDA

View Full Version : Savegame-Deemer

wraggster
January 28th, 2008, 23:51
News/release from Hellcat:

OK, here's the thing:
While this plugin is active, on every save operation, there's a second set of savedata written to
/PSP/SAVEPLAIN
on your memstick.
The folder layout in there is pretty similar to the one in the original /PSP/SAVEDATA folder, only that everthing in here is plain and unencrypted.

You can then edit your heart out on your savedata, on the next load the unencrypted (and maybe edited ) version will be loaded instead of the normal/encrypted one from /PSP/SAVEDATA.

If no unencrypted version exists for a savegame, the normal one will be used as if nothing ever happened.

More details can be found in the readme.
Read it, especially when having trouble, as there are a few "confuseness" causing things are mentioned in there....

Finally we're back at good ol' gamesave cheating

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments
via hellcat (http://forums.qj.net/f-psp-development-forum-11/t-release-savegame-deemer-save-and-load-of-unencrypted-savedata-from-any-game-133753.html)

ohnonotme
January 29th, 2008, 00:09
this is sweet cant wait till i get my psp back from the land of the dead

Sterist
January 29th, 2008, 04:21
now THERE's something original and useful

jamotto
January 29th, 2008, 06:57
It seems to work with Syphon Filter LS, but not with Metal
Slug Anthology which crashes during its startup.

ScoobyBoo
January 30th, 2008, 12:33
Kudos hellcat, nice useful utility!

I don't think a lot of people even know that savegames are encrypted (I didn't). A lot of times I try a save off a place like GameFaqs and it doesn't load - I'm on the same region, so the save should work.

Now to bug people to make unencrypted saves of their games, starting with Atari Classics Evolved. Thanks!