PDA

View Full Version : Any way to run .ds.gba files with an R4 and EZ-F 3-in-1?

marzsyndrome
January 30th, 2008, 13:39
I thought the ExpPack loader or GBAldr would help me out somehow, but it seems they only run GBA roms and nothing else.

I wish to run .ds.gba files because certain (usually older) homebrew is only available - or will only work - in that format. Is there another tool out there I should be using?

Hope I can receive a reply soon. Cheers!

Crozone
December 12th, 2008, 07:30
I have this same problem, but GBA exploader always patches the file and gives me two white screens.

mre521
January 1st, 2009, 17:23
I'm pretty sure that .ds.gba is just an .nds file with a special loader so that it will load on gba flash cards with the use of a passcard, passkey, passme, or any similar booting device. All you would need to do to get it to run is find some program on the internet that strips the ROM of the gba loader.

DanTheManMS
January 8th, 2009, 18:14
I'm pretty sure that .ds.gba is just an .nds file with a special loader so that it will load on gba flash cards with the use of a passcard, passkey, passme, or any similar booting device. All you would need to do to get it to run is find some program on the internet that strips the ROM of the gba loader.
It depends on the homebrew file. The oldest homebrew files have very large differences between the *.ds.gba and *.nds versions, while most newer ones are indeed nearly identical.