PDA

View Full Version : DS Novel coming to Europe in 2008

Shrygue
January 30th, 2008, 16:01
via Computer and Video Games (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=180924)

The obscurely named title DS Novel is tapped to come to Europe sometime this year, Nintendo's latest financial report has revealed.

Yesterday, we reported Nintendo had confirmed Animal Crossing and Kirby were coming to Wii this year, but DS Novel is a name all new to us.

Based on the name, it could well be an English version of DS Bungaku Zenshuu, the non-game that contained a hundred Japanese literary classics on its cart.

The title has prompted us to consider changing our name to Computer, Videogames and any other tosh Nintendo decides to toss out.

But that would be the unwieldy cvgaotndto.com. Maybe we'll split the Nintendo channel into 'proper games' and 'random crap', then.

Bungaku Zenshuu sold 33,000 copies in its first week when released in Japan, but we question the cross-over appeal to western audiences.

Is there anyone who in England who would prefer reading from a 3-inch screen instead of flicking through a paperback? Could you even fit a sentence on the screen of a DS?

Tikker
January 31st, 2008, 03:38
I'm not in England, but I've probably read 35 novels on my DS now

Eyedunno
January 31st, 2008, 05:38
I bought Nihon Bungaku Hyaku-shuu (which has most of the same titles as Bungaku Zenshuu) back in July or August, and I like it a lot. The only problem is, when difficult kanji pop up, the furigana are REALLY small and scrunched together. But I just read "Hashire Melos" the other day, and it's much better than buying a multi-volume book collection. I honestly think that if anything, this concept will work even better with English literature.

onekevinc
January 31st, 2008, 13:04
I use my DS,with my R4, to read books all the time. It's easier than carrying books around and it saves the page I'm on automatically.

Jeric
January 31st, 2008, 14:23
I use the GnM and moonshell to read constaintly. No its not the same as reading an actual book, and yes I'm a sucker for having an ACTUAL book to flip through, but when you're on a long trip which would you rather take. a 800+ page book or the ds?

gumgod
January 31st, 2008, 17:15
And with Flash carts and other wonderful home-brew products you can go to http://www.gutenberg.org/wiki/Main_Page and download public domain books for free.