PDA

View Full Version : PSP Custom Firmware 3.90 M33 Comming Soon

DarthPaul
January 31st, 2008, 01:44
Dark_AleX has announced that we can expect a Custom Firmware based in the 3.90 Kernel really soon.

3.90 is mostly same as 3.80, that's why almost all works. However you will loose this with this trick: pops, msvideo plugin will get corrupted in ram, vshmain will get corrupted in ram (may or may not have consequences), sysconf_plugin will get corrupted too (that maybe the reason of sys info crash).

Anyways you can wait for 3.90 M33, this is an easy firmware.

So what can we do? Wait. :)

Discuss Via Comments

Safari Al
January 31st, 2008, 02:06
Well i guess i was wrong. Good luck

No_one_in_particular
January 31st, 2008, 04:16
Awesome. :)

ICE
January 31st, 2008, 05:00
Why do more people care that its out than that it will be out in m33 form soon? When a new firmware is released I rarely care at all until DaX says hes working on it.. It just doesnt matter to me until he says it should lol.

SaGe3k
January 31st, 2008, 12:30
Why do more people care that its out than that it will be out in m33 form soon? When a new firmware is released I rarely care at all until DaX says hes working on it.. It just doesnt matter to me until he says it should lol.

LOL that's soo true. I'm usually unimpressed with the Sony releases. Then DAX amazes everyone with some more M33 goodness and BAMN!! My interest in the Update is Peaked! :thumbup:

Keep Kickin ass TEAM M33!!

F9zDark
January 31st, 2008, 17:34
I care about this release because Skype can be useful to me. Hopefully DAX and company can reverse engineer it to make it work on Fat models.

cal360
January 31st, 2008, 17:43
This is very good news but it may take them some time to get the firmware corrected I would wait while and not expect anything or you may be disappointed on the time it takes.

The_Ultimate_Eggman
January 31st, 2008, 18:17
Hope the timing issues with the memory cards have been adressed..And hopefuly skype will bbe raped out to work on phats if it does i think we will lose the 10 kernal to make room for it..Or maybe it could be made to run off the memory card..

mike_jmg
January 31st, 2008, 18:18
I don't really care about skype, but is nice to know from new M33 firmware

Veskgar
January 31st, 2008, 18:30
I care about this release because Skype can be useful to me. Hopefully DAX and company can reverse engineer it to make it work on Fat models.
Same here. I have always hoped for a 3.90 M33 because I'd like to use Skype on my Slim.

This is very good news but it may take them some time to get the firmware corrected I would wait while and not expect anything or you may be disappointed on the time it takes.
I disagree, a lot of the bugs have been worked out leading up to 3.80 M33-5 and since 3.90 is mostly the same as 3.80, even Dark_AleX states it should be an easy firmware.

Hope the timing issues with the memory cards have been adressed..
Join the club! This is something that SONY needs to fix and they haven't bothered touched it. They likely messed with it on purpose thinking "ha ha, enjoy your lag ya little .CSO users" :rofl:

So sadly, the same issues are likely to occur in 3.90 M33 - That is a huge problem if you ask me.

djbrotherson
January 31st, 2008, 18:56
Damn, that means a lot of things are going to need to be converted... i would love to have skype but does that mean irshell would have to be converted and all the other homebrew we have? Custom flashed themes too??

gamefreak199101
January 31st, 2008, 19:13
dam this is gonna be dumb they should try to get all of this fixed but i hope to see the next firmware with more updates than this one has to offer and hope that our savior Dark_Alex gets it hacked also i would like to make a comment that DAX will have to try to get new ways of trying to do these hacking becuase recently said that sony is gonna bring out a new motherboard that prevents pandora which is gonna be practally unhackable and that will be the end for most of the new people that will want the new psps that will be coming in the future. Btw before anyone tests out skype let me just say from experience its really great and that you only get one free call so use it wisely and not waste it like i did lol

JKKDARK
January 31st, 2008, 19:15
Yeah i cannot wait for this custom firmware, I don't update my PSP since long time ago :)

NOCHUCK
January 31st, 2008, 19:51
Since I've got the Phat boy PSP this dosen't do much for me besides make me loose my pops(which is one of my favorite features) so I'm gonna hold off on the 3.90 M33 and stick with the 3.80 M33-5(With iRshell!) untill i need to upgrade. Wounder if the iRshell will work with this new firmware.

Buddy4point0
January 31st, 2008, 20:05
great, i cant wait to update

mattsgreat5
February 1st, 2008, 01:34
does that mean u can at smart so i dont no

mattsgreat5
February 1st, 2008, 01:48
does tat mean u can install it on the psp slim with OF(3.80) running? I'm not tat smart on stuff like tis.

jschwrz
February 3rd, 2008, 00:10
I upgraded to 3.8, i have an extra battery i downloaded and did all the things required for the pandora`s battery.
it said "the game could not start" is my system to new?
Am i able to put pandora on the battery?
who knows?
do you guys have any ideas