PDA

View Full Version : Searching a program to transfer files from PC to DS/vise versa. Any help please?

Petmetroid
January 31st, 2008, 06:00
My EZFlash4 cartridge, which I've had for about a year now, uses micro SD cards. As many of us know, these things break easily, I've already gone through two cards. I was hoping there was a program that would enable me to transfer files wirelessly from my PC to my DS and vise versa so that I don't have to constantly handle my SD card. If anyone knows of a program to do this, or maybe something I could set up on the internet that I could just access through DSOrganize's web browser, could you tell me? I would greatly appreciate it. If it is non-existent, it holds a good idea for new homebrew.

DanTheManMS
January 31st, 2008, 23:28
DSFTP, Lilou Combox, several utilities through DSLinux including ftpd and SAMBA.

All except Samba use some form of FTP, and all transfer fairly slowly - think about 30 kb/s max. Reading is usually quick, but writing to the cartridge from your computer takes a long time.

There's also HTTPexec, but that would require you to upload your homebrew file to the same place with the same name every time. Useful for testing an app quickly, but not for serious file transfers.