View Full Version : Puzzle RPG

wraggster
February 1st, 2008, 21:45
News/Release from Risike (http://www.dev-fr.org/projets/(ndsjeu)-puzzle-rpg/msg20983/?topicseen#new):

http://risike7.free.fr/Imag-in/puzzlerpg2.PNG

RPG puzzle here is a name that stinks! If you find one more sympathetic I am prenneur!

So RPG puzzle is the project on which I was working before I launch into emulation. I wanted not present before it is completed, but the problem is that I am a quiche and graphics at the point where I am dev level, I need to move forward graphsimes (to calculate the places where placing images ... etc).
So if someone has the soul of a graphic artist and that the project it pleases him to tell.

So what's Puzzle RPG?
And if you have played Zelda ...
... It will not help you understand the game!
More seriously, if you have played Puzzle Quest, the excellent trading Thursday on DS, soon you will understand the principle of my game

Here first 2 screenshots: one of the screen title and the game itself.

The second screenshot just take a quick glance to understand the principle wholesale.

Explanations:

We choose a character.
Each has several personal capacity (spells carefully attack, supports what classic ... etc!)
When one chooses and that the computer has chosen, it becomes a college board of 8x8 pieces.
The aim is to exchange places pieces next to each other every turn to rows and columns of at least 3 identical parts.

When aligned its parts it happens things (yeah!):
-- If the pieces are swords: attack the enemy on the number of pieces removed (we start at 100 PV, I think configurable)
-- +: It is highly treatable in the number of parts removed least 3. (Otherwise it's endless)
-- The others give mana.

The mana is used to utilize its capabilities (listed left). For example launch a large fireball on his evil adversary for him crâmer beard. Of course there may be all kinds of capabilities: attack, defense, maintains, poisoning etc. ...

When you launch a sort un animation is supposed to appear on the enemy (but I am zero in gfx ...).

In short, you have more or less understood what the principle! If this is not the case too bad for you.

I join you in the last build date. This one will let you see the pretty menu, to play against the computer (endless) and hear the beautiful music free that does not change between the menu and the game

What is done:
-- Engine of the Game: 100% (one can play, "pitcher fate" is ready yet to create the sorts ... Etc)
-- IA: 90% (in fact there are two types of IA: AI beast who will choose the first combination that sees and which launches its spell once it is able, intelligent and IA will focus on swords and launch spells a subtle way. need the code again this subtle way to launch spells)
-- A portion of the menu (just the core menu not submenus)

What remains to be done:
-- From graphics (many)
-- A portion of the IA
-- Correct some graphical bugs (I have trouble controlling PAlib)
-- The sub menu (option scores)
-- Mode 2 players (3 minutes coder)
(Not after I see, when I think of something I add)

Voilà!

So I repeat nice if a designer goes through there: if you are not a bad graphsime and you find the fun, do not hesitate to say so!

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments