PDA

View Full Version : PSP Hardware Cleaning Guide

wraggster
August 5th, 2005, 14:08
Marcus Dion has released a great Cleaning guide in .PDF format for you to browse and goes into great detail about dos and donts when cleaning your PSP.

This is a recommended read for every PSP owner.

Thanks to Marcus Dion for a great guide :)

(download below/via the comments)

RabidPuppi
August 6th, 2005, 02:22
holy crap! i take pretty good care of my little friend and i paid like 650 or something from jp... but yowzers. that was insanity...

*o*
August 6th, 2005, 02:59
if anyone cares that much....GET A LIFE!!!

RedKing14CA
August 6th, 2005, 06:08
Keep the PSP in a well-ventilated, preferably air conditioned environment

poor psp might get hot :rolleyes:

*o*
August 6th, 2005, 10:43
thats so sad...

RabidPuppi
August 7th, 2005, 04:23
hahahaha the whole thing is sort of sad. but some points stick out more than others

*o*
August 7th, 2005, 08:54
lol if you go to that extreme dont even play it!

Clifford_Ball
August 8th, 2005, 13:55
Its been my experience that batteries should be "Cycled" (run dead before recharging). Repeated charging of a battery when its not low on charge is not a good thing in my book. I have no idea how it affects the PSP but it will kill your battery faster (cause it to last for less time until eventually it doesnt hold a charge at all). Does the author have any research to back up their battery reccommendations? I bought a second battery 2 months ago just so I could run one dry and still have a second ready to go so I wouldnt have to wait for a charge cycle to play again. I've been running the battery dry before charging it since I bought the unit the day it came out in the US and I have not noticed any drop in battery life or PSP performance.

WSOUNitePirate895
August 8th, 2005, 22:07
So clean and so fresh.... MUG ME I have A SHINY PSP... wow why did they make it a glassy plastic

DDRLord
August 8th, 2005, 23:33
Its been my experience that batteries should be "Cycled" (run dead before recharging). Repeated charging of a battery when its not low on charge is not a good thing in my book. I have no idea how it affects the PSP but it will kill your battery faster (cause it to last for less time until eventually it doesnt hold a charge at all). Does the author have any research to back up their battery reccommendations? I bought a second battery 2 months ago just so I could run one dry and still have a second ready to go so I wouldnt have to wait for a charge cycle to play again. I've been running the battery dry before charging it since I bought the unit the day it came out in the US and I have not noticed any drop in battery life or PSP performance.
I'm pretty sure that doesn't apply to PSP batteries. You're thinking of the old "memory effect" on rechargable NiCad, where they'd charge less if you didn't fully discharge them. PSP's batteries are Li-Ion, which are completely unaffected. In fact, I think they may actually benefit from being kept full.

Clifford_Ball
August 9th, 2005, 12:36
I'm pretty sure that doesn't apply to PSP batteries. You're thinking of the old "memory effect" on rechargable NiCad, where they'd charge less if you didn't fully discharge them. PSP's batteries are Li-Ion, which are completely unaffected. In fact, I think they may actually benefit from being kept full.

I guess you're right, I found this tidbit on the net regarding care of Li-Ion batteries...
Lithium Ion (Li-On.) battery---
Lithium Ion battery doesn't have "Memory" problem either, You may go back to recharge this kind battery at any level you want to. You shall not use the discharge function button on the charger to discharge a Lithium Ion battery.
This kind battery is much lighter, require much less space. So they can contain much more capacity than a Ni-Cd or Ni-Mh battery. They are representing the newest trend in the battery business.

Here is the routine process to take care a Lithium Ion battery--
After you use it, you may go back to recharge it at any level you want to.(A.S.A.P.)
You shall not use the discharge function button on the charger to discharge a Lithium Ion battery.
After fully charged, take the battery out of the charger base, keep it in the shelf.
Every 30 days or so, even if you don't need to use it, You still need to bring it out, and recharge it. Because every battery will self-drain the power from 1 to 3% on the daily base. By the 30th day. The battery may down to zero already. That is the time battery getting hurts.
Lithium Ion battery only can be recharged up to 300 to 400 times.

I learned something today :)

Revolt26
August 9th, 2005, 15:45
Actually the best thing to do is give it a full charge out of the box. The batteries need a few good cycles to establish a good memory.

lithium is much lighter and lasts alot longer...everything else still applies