PDA

View Full Version : Resident Evil 5 360 To Run At 60fps, May Use Unreal 3 Engine

wraggster
August 5th, 2005, 14:15
An update on the Xbox360 version of Resident Evil 5 in the latest issue of the Xbox version of Famitsu magazine has surfaced. It features and interview with producer Jun Takeuchi. In the interview, he reveals that the game developers are working hard to make the game a veritable eye candy fest, running at a constant 60fps throughout. This is twice the FPS of the Gamecube's RE4. Takeuchi claims this 60fps rate will be used to create game situations unattainable at 30fps. What this means is anyone's guess. He also said the team was exploring the possibility of using the Unreal 3 Engine to power the graphics. Sounds like it will be a winner.

gimpyjr
August 5th, 2005, 19:57
I don't want the engine to get boring too fast.

I hope that some games use their own engine. Not that I have a problem with unreal engine 3 at all. It's beautiful

Cap'n 1time
August 6th, 2005, 01:43
I don't want the engine to get boring too fast.

I hope that some games use their own engine. Not that I have a problem with unreal engine 3 at all. It's beautiful

well, the engine wont be the same for every game you know... so much can be done with the unreal engine it isnt funny... and there is nothing that compares to the rag doll effects of the unreal 2 engine.. cant wait to see what the 3rd generation engine does :)