PDA

View Full Version : Any Laptop Experts about ?

wraggster
August 5th, 2005, 15:50
I have an old Echos 1200 Olivetti laptop and i formatted the bugger and forgot to save the graphics driver anyone knwo where i can get a new driver or anything about the laptop, even compatible drivers

16 colour mode sucks majorly

obelisk
August 5th, 2005, 19:32
Wraggster, have you tried driverguide.com, you might luck out there.

Idyllic
August 6th, 2005, 16:47
A company called SciTech used to do a program called Display Doctor which may help you out.
Their website is http://www.scitechsoft.com/ but they seem to have discontinued the Display Doctor. I'm sure you can download it from somewhere or perhaps one of thier new programs will help.

EDIT: I found SDD, http://www.scitechsoft.com/products/ent/free_titles.html and even better, it seems to be free now they have stopped producing it!

You may also be able to use a Generic driver from the list in Windows, just tell it you want to "add new hardware" and "Select from list" rather than "Auto detect new hardware". It'll help if you know what the LCD screen size is though as they look crap at the wrong res.

Hope this helps.

wraggster
August 14th, 2005, 22:29
thanks ill give that a try :)

shadowprophet
August 18th, 2005, 03:48
http://www.driverguide.com login: temp Password: 512 What you need will be there :p

wraggster
August 20th, 2005, 21:17
yeah that link on driverguide leads to a brick wall

but

On windows me theres drivers for the Neomagic Corporation and they work with my laptop :)

so its all good news now

shadowprophet
August 20th, 2005, 21:22
Bummer I figured they would have had them, they had always had almost every driver I ever needed :confused:

pmr881
August 23rd, 2006, 10:48
My acer travelmate 2410 and my fan is starting to make noises and i decided to buy a platform to go underneath the laptop with 3 fans that cools the laptop down instead of using the built- in one but i want to disable the fan and if anyone knows how to disable the fan. If you do then please email me at: [email protected]. Do not reply to this post because i dont go on this website but i do check me emails everyday.
SO PLEASE EMAIL ME IF YOU KNOW!!!!
Cheers,
Lee.

NoQuarter
August 23rd, 2006, 11:37
Wraggy switch to linux:)

kando
August 23rd, 2006, 12:35
can usually also go to the laptop manufacturers site and get drivers, like i did w/ my sony vaio....they should be there :)

steve-b
August 23rd, 2006, 14:29
eww windows ME. that's your problem right there :p

Junixx
August 23rd, 2006, 21:58
eww windows ME. that's your problem right there :p

Lol i used to use windows ME, i was happy with it....untill it started crashing randomly and my msn and xfire and half the crap i tried to play was messeing up lol, im glad i have Win2000 now

AvengedSevenfold Fan
August 26th, 2006, 03:10
i hate windows below xp :P

gotmilk0112
September 17th, 2006, 15:28
yea sometimes n my acer laptop the fan "fails" to start spinning (it will go like *ddddrunn drunnn druuunnnnn drun drun off*) and do that twice then go back to normal and work again. but this only happens once in a bl00 m00n :D
winxp looks ugly, win95 was better looking.