PDA

View Full Version : Possible v2.0 Homebrew Hack

wraggster
August 5th, 2005, 17:39
Pikoro of PSPHacks wrote this

Well, I must say, the email and subsequent files that I received have been pretty convincing.

Let me cut right to the email:
---------------------------------------------------

As you know homebrews do not work on 2.00 or 1.51 or 1.52.

If you place a homebrew on a 2.00 PSP it wont run says corrupt data.
I have made a homebrew that will go past that. it will actually stat loading up. Just with the PSP screen coming up and the music playing. The game is PSP tic tac toe. I want my named mentioned as I am register with you guys, My name is realritzcracker, ritzcracker, canesfan08. You are the first with this breaking news. so i would appreciate you to list my name by the download like with all your other members.

This 2.00 homebrew was made by realritzcracker ritzcracker and canesfan08. This program is only for 2.00 owners.

This homebrew will read as a update to 2.10. which is not real and the foler is named update cause UPDATE is the only folder the 2.00 psp will read as not corrupt and it has to be named as This homebrew was made by realritzcracker aka dico aka canesfan08 aka ritzcracker aka crisco
this will not update you psp this is for 2.00 version psp only. The 2.00 psp will only read the file UPDATE as not corrupt any other file name in the game folder will read as corrupt. That is why the folder is named UPDATE and the security of the 2.00 psp will only read updates. and the updates have to be higher then 2.00 so that is why it reads as psp version update 2.10 which is fake. This will not update your psp. This is only for 2.00 psp. I'm not responsible for your psp breaking. this is not a update and is only for 2.00 pspa update to not be corrupt. I also have a video of this working in the video you can see me filming with my bad digital camera showing you the version 2.00 the wallpaper function and the web browser the me going to the game file and running the homebrew ill send three emails one with eboot one with video one with read me
--------------------------

Sound fishy?

Did to me. However, czech out the following video:

http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/files/v2.0homebrewvid.zip

Look pretty convincing?

Yah. I thought so too.

So, here's the EBOOT:

http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/files/UPDATE.zip

Skeptics: I have personally tested this eboot and it WILL NOT HARM YOUR PSP.

Just remember, the program does not load, however, it will get past the "corrupt data" prompt. Always a first step has to be taken, and it looks like this is it.

I have just gotten an update, realritzcracker has told me that he hopes to be able to get the actual data.psp file to load soon. It is a work in progress.

Remeber.. you heard it here first.

Cheers

so is it true ?

get trying and get back to us on this for all versions that it didnt work on before ??

parabolee
August 5th, 2005, 18:00
WOW this is BIG news I guess!

Is it a first step to homebrew on v2.00? We can only hope.

plonk420
August 5th, 2005, 18:27
WOW this is BIG news I guess!

Is it a first step to homebrew on v2.00? We can only hope.

not sure how wise it was to release this before the north american v2.0 update... :\

Cap'n 1time
August 5th, 2005, 18:37
not sure how wise it was to release this before the north american v2.0 update... :\

I think the US 2.0 will be differant.

Think about it- all the consoles hardware are IDENTICLE and yet sony claims that all US psps should be updated with the US 2.0 firmware... most likely they already discovered this hole. This probably is only going to work for JAP 2.0 Firmware anyway.

wraggster
August 5th, 2005, 18:44
so who has a v2.0

anyone try it and infact if you do try some games in it

thedan
August 5th, 2005, 18:45
PSP Hacks (http://www.psphacks.net/content/view/327/2/) are the true source of this news not any other site but heres what pikoro the webmaster wrote:

Just wanted to clarify on this little blurb (i have 4 emails from the guy btw):

To: [email protected]
Cc: [email protected]
Subject: 2.00 homebrews and downgrader

"i think i have recently figured out how to run a downgrade and homebrews on 2.00 but i don't want to break my psp. I need a psp to test it. I can prove it. But i dont wont anyone taking my idea and saying they were the first to hack 2.00 but. i ve gotten a homebrew past the data corrupt message. but i turn my psp off before anything loads so it doesn't break. if you can swear you wont steal my idea and you have a psp too test me and psp updates will be famous for hacking 2.00 please replie

this is not a joke please help"

----
To: [email protected]
Cc: [email protected]
Subject: 2.0 homebrews 3 emails

"As you know homebrews do not work on 2.00 or 1.51 or 1.52. If you place a homebrew on a 2.00 PSP it wont run says corrupt data. I have made a homebrew that will go past that. it will actually stat loading up. Just with the PSP screen coming up and the music playing...."

----

I can put up the other 2 emails if you like but theyre basically the same thing, just different attachments. So as you can see it IS possible for people to email other sites with 'news.' Just wanted to point that out :)

Edit: edit'ed out CaNeSFaN08's email address.

Fly On
August 5th, 2005, 19:12
Good news - even if it doesn't work completely hopefully it will generate enough interest for people to continue with this project.

VFerg
August 5th, 2005, 19:23
Just hope this doesnt generate to much news really fast that sony would do anything about it if they found out before the firmware update does come out here. I dont think its going to be much different then the Japanese update except for other things that supposedly the japanese one will have that we wont like that tv programs and movie download feature so there probably changing that feature before our release but as for security itll probably be the same, at least thats what I think. Hope this will work out since I really want the 2.0 upgrade but wont part with it for my emus! Great find!

lallous
August 5th, 2005, 19:32
Ok. Well i tried download the .ZIP file supposetly EBOOT in it but the .ZIP file won't for x reason. I suppose this is just not real. Maybe it is...but hopefully we will get one that will work great. Lets wait and see.

Fly On
August 5th, 2005, 19:34
The .zip file works fine. Try again :).

sephirothsmoogle
August 5th, 2005, 19:44
Just a quick question. the eboot file that is in the UPDATE folde. How is that different to the normal Eboot files you download to run the emu's from?
has something been modifed to the actual file to make it boot as far as it goes?

Kinda need to know cus i think ive got an idea on how to boot an eboot file

Cheers ^_^

economizer0
August 5th, 2005, 20:05
so was that APPLE that he was clicking on a pic? or what?

where can i get it?

shadowprophet
August 5th, 2005, 20:11
hmm. even if 2.0 is cracked. which I guess is possible.
Its an up hill battle. There will just be another firmware update and forced updates till the end of time:rolleyes:

Is there no other solution, somthing more universal that would cover a broder range of psps, outside of directly modding?

I fear a hacked firmware/bios update will be the only final solution. and even then thats just not gonna truely work. to flash the bios one would need access to it to begin with.

This psp thing is gonna turn into a very real battle between the homebrew comunity and Sony isnt it :(

On a side note lets say somone had the japanese 2.0 upgrade and wanted to change to the american 2.0 and vicea versa , ive never upgraded and gawd as my witness I never will. But is a side grade possible so to speak ?

Fly On
August 5th, 2005, 21:07
Jap 2.0 - U.S. 2.0 and vice versa no can do.

Babazoz
August 5th, 2005, 21:33
Jap 2.0 - U.S. 2.0 and vice versa no can do.

And you got the U.S. 2.0 before everyone else, how, exactly?

Fly On
August 5th, 2005, 21:39
I didn't. In the 2.0 FAQ (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=8416) , it says you can't go from a 2.0 JAP to a 2.0 U.S., so I assume the same thing applies when vice versa.

TMG
August 5th, 2005, 22:14
I didn't. In the 2.0 FAQ (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=8416) , it says you can't go from a 2.0 JAP to a 2.0 U.S., so I assume the same thing applies when vice versa.

Say im running JP 2.0, when a US 2.x comes out will we then be able to upgrade from the JP? or will we users of it be forever stuck with JP firmware?

*o*
August 5th, 2005, 22:49
i think you should be able to update not sure.

MSX
August 5th, 2005, 22:53
First things first: here's the original email to almost every site on the internet that posts PSP news:

As you know homebrews do not work on 2.00 or 1.51 or 1.52. If you place a homebrew on a 2.00 PSP it wont run says corrupt data. I have made a homebrew that will go past that. it will actually stat loading up. Just with the PSP screen coming up and the music playing. The game is PSP tic tac toe. I want my named mentioned as I am register with you guys, My name is realritzcracker, ritzcracker, canesfan08. You are the first with this breaking news. so i would appreciate you to list my name by the download like with all your other members. This 2.00 homebrew was made by realritzcracker ritzcracker and canesfan08. This program is only for 2.00 owners. This homebrew will read as a update to 2.10. which is not real and the foler is named update cause UPDATE is the only folder the 2.00 psp will read as not corrupt and it has to be named as This homebrew was made by realritzcracker aka dico aka canesfan08 aka ritzcracker aka crisco
this will not update you psp this is for 2.00 version psp only. The 2.00 psp will only read the file UPDATE
as not corrupt any other file name in the game folder will read as corrupt. That is why the folder is named
UPDATE and the security of the 2.00 psp will only read updates. and the updates have to be higher then 2.00
so that is why it reads as psp version update 2.10 which is fake. This will not update your psp. This is only for
2.00 psp. I'm not responsible for your psp breaking. this is not a update and is only for 2.00 pspa update to not be corrupt. I also have a video of this working in the video you can see me filming with my bad digital camera showing you the version 2.00 the wallpaper function and the web browser the me going to the game file and running the homebrew

Sigh...this kid is a n00b who thinks he's found something useful.

Do the exact same thing but with a 1.51 or 1.52...

ZOMGWTFBBQ IT GETS PASSED TEH CORRUPTED MESSAGEZOR!11shiftone!!eleven!1!!

Heh, just kidding...well it does, but just kidding about acting retarded.

This has been tried before, maybe on a 2.0, maybe not, but the people that did it didn't email it to every PSP site on the internet.

By the way, does anyone know the name of the kid who did this? And if it updates your PSP? :rolleyes: (see quoted email above)

Predator_1991
August 5th, 2005, 23:03
question . i have a psp firmware 1.52 are there going to be hacks for 1.52?
if i try homebrews they won't work
i want run homebrews ill do this
create the folder psp/game/pspgenesis
i put my homebrew in that folder + roms
when i select them on the psp the psp logo appears , and then i'm getting a error message ''THE GAME COULD NOT BE STARTED. ,, (80020148)

am i doing something wrong?

TMG
August 5th, 2005, 23:07
question . i have a psp firmware 1.52 are there going to be hacks for 1.52?
if i try homebrews they won't work
i want run homebrews ill do this
create the folder psp/game/pspgenesis
i put my homebrew in that folder + roms
when i select them on the psp the psp logo appears , and then i'm getting a error message ''THE GAME COULD NOT BE STARTED. ,, (80020148)

am i doing something wrong?

Nope there wont be, i would wait for this 2.0 hack to ride out then upgrade if it all goes well.

coheedcollapse
August 5th, 2005, 23:16
Sigh...this kid is a n00b who thinks he's found something useful.

Do the exact same thing but with a 1.51 or 1.52...

ZOMGWTFBBQ IT GETS PASSED TEH CORRUPTED MESSAGEZOR!11shiftone!!eleven!1!!

Heh, just kidding...well it does, but just kidding about acting retarded.

This has been tried before, maybe on a 2.0, maybe not, but the people that did it didn't email it to every PSP site on the internet.

By the way, does anyone know the name of the kid who did this? And if it updates your PSP?

Nah it doesnt update your PSP, but jesus christ, on a few other PSP sites, the guy is BEGGING for recognition for something other people have done tons of times already. At least half of his 3 paragraph post reinstates his aliases and his real name. The guy is an attention whore...at least that's my take on it.

If this widespread information leads to another person cracking the firmware, more power to the guy for getting it out there, but as of now i'm staying safe and sticking with my 1.5.

Also, i've noticed there aren't as many 1.5/2.0 haters on this site. Awesome. I love peace.

Kyle

Shapyi
August 5th, 2005, 23:17
It just looks like he changed UPDATE_VER from 2.00 to 2.10 in the SFO file. Naturally the PSP will try to execute the code, thats how Sony has it set up, to upgrade to the latest version. Take an SFO file from an emulator that runs on 1.50, you'll notice UPDATE_VER is 2.00. If you change it to 1.00 it won't run, it will say you already have the latest firmware version.

coheedcollapse
August 5th, 2005, 23:19
Say im running JP 2.0, when a US 2.x comes out will we then be able to upgrade from the JP? or will we users of it be forever stuck with JP firmware?

Sorry for the double post guys, but I'm actually pretty sure you can update from the JP release. I've heard from multiple sources that the US will overwrite the Japanese. I could be totally wrong though.

to Shapyi: That's exactly what the guy did, and that's why I'm kind of staying on the negative side of this whole "hack". The reason the program won't run, is because Sony's security measures notice that it's not an upgrade and stop it from executing.

MSX
August 5th, 2005, 23:19
Nah it doesnt update your PSP, but jesus christ, on a few other PSP sites, the guy is BEGGING for recognition for something other people have done tons of times already. At least half of his 3 paragraph post reinstates his aliases and his real name. The guy is an attention whore...at least that's my take on it.

If this widespread information leads to another person cracking the firmware, more power to the guy for getting it out there, but as of now i'm staying safe and sticking with my 1.5.

Also, i've noticed there aren't as many 1.5/2.0 haters on this site. Awesome. I love peace.

Kyle
Errrr....maybe I should've put a :rolleyes: after that last sentence? lol

I was being sarcastic about the kid saying his internet aliases like 5 times and that it won't update your PSP about 5 times also :D :p.

Sorry for the double post guys, but I'm actually pretty sure you can update from the JP release. I've heard from multiple sources that the US will overwrite the Japanese. I could be totally wrong though.
I'm not sure if it'll overwrite the JP firmware, since they are both 2.0, but I haven't looked into it, so it may be possible.

Also, to the original poster who asked, you said would a future US firmware (quote - "2.X", any thing 2.0+) overwrite the 2.0 JP firmware, well, the JP firmware overwrote your US firmware, so I wouldn't see any reason why the US firmware wouldn't overwrite the JP firmware.

Maybe I should have toned the use of "firmware" down a bit? :p

coheedcollapse
August 5th, 2005, 23:23
Dammit! New to the site and making an ass of myself already! :D

Predator_1991
wich one is harder to hack , firmware 1.52 of firmware 2.00 ? :confused:

TMG

to Shapyi: That's exactly what the guy did, and that's why I'm kind of staying on the negative side of this whole "hack". The reason the program won't run, is because Sony's security measures notice that it's not an upgrade and stop it from executing.

I meant other than 2.0 say US 2.1 im guessing it will overwrite the JP 2.0 correct? Im not going to get the US 2.0 with all these goodies arising.

/me crosses fingers.

MSX
August 5th, 2005, 23:24
coheed: Not at all ;).

Predator: Not sure.

TMG: See my post above.

TMG
August 5th, 2005, 23:27
coheed: Not at all ;).

Predator: Not sure.

TMG: See my post above.

Thats what i was thinking, but just making sure as well. Thanks.

Smiths
August 6th, 2005, 00:15
Wow.. Attention whore warez kiddie eh?

Of course the UPDATE folder bypasses the corrupt data... the PSP is designed to go "well ONLY SONY would want to USE the "Update" folder.

If this works it'd be the worst form of protection ever by Sony, so welcome to my skepticism.

(Hex editing an eboot to change the revision) && (putting it in UPDATE) != (2.0 && Homebrew)

And yeah first thing I saw was some kid wanting his name on every site. Jesus Christ how many times can you state it.. WE GET IT.. YOU HAVE THREE ALIASES.

But it'll make the idiots happy on the "less educated comments section" of the site Mr. Dan so happily enlightened us to.

---

How much you wanna bet that's "AOL.com"

MSX
August 6th, 2005, 00:29
Smiths: It's a 50/50...AOL.com or MSN.com, but from the way the kid talks, I'll go with AOL :p.

Shapyi
August 6th, 2005, 06:16
Wow.. Attention whore warez kiddie eh?

Of course the UPDATE folder bypasses the corrupt data... the PSP is designed to go "well ONLY SONY would want to USE the "Update" folder.

If this works it'd be the worst form of protection ever by Sony, so welcome to my skepticism.

(Hex editing an eboot to change the revision) && (putting it in UPDATE) != (2.0 && Homebrew)

And yeah first thing I saw was some kid wanting his name on every site. Jesus Christ how many times can you state it.. WE GET IT.. YOU HAVE THREE ALIASES.

But it'll make the idiots happy on the "less educated comments section" of the site Mr. Dan so happily enlightened us to.

---

How much you wanna bet that's "AOL.com"

Not even hex editing. Just download PBP Unpacker, get the 2.00 UPDATE. Extract the SFO file, change UPDATE_VER from 2.00 to 2.10. Then put in renamed ELF (DATA.PSP) and the ICON0.png, make the PBP. Put it in a folder called UPDATE and there you have it. You have this kid's solution to 2.00 Homebrew. I'm sure all three of his names will be remembered haha :D

stustaff
August 6th, 2005, 09:38
Agreed this seems HIGHLY unlikely

but has anyone actually tried it?

Predator_1991
August 6th, 2005, 10:04
not me

Jeisu
August 6th, 2005, 22:38
Sounds like a complete waste of time to progress through this method. It's quite obvious the PSP will be looking for a change of code to rewrite the flash if it thinks it is an update. If somehow an emulator does get executed, and the PSP is truly fooled into believing it is an update, you will most likely brick your PSP by rewriting it's flash. What we want is a method to to run unassigned code that isn't cloaked to look like an update.

The kid just thinks he contributed to the scene when all he did was put a detour in the path of the ones that think this should be a correct method.

plosfas
August 6th, 2005, 23:58
I'm not sure if it'll overwrite the JP firmware, since they are both 2.0, but I haven't looked into it, so it may be possible.
as far as i know sony has said that they recomend that anyone with a jp 2.0 upgrade to the us 2.0 which probably means that it can be done :)

WSOUNitePirate895
August 7th, 2005, 00:38
"This psp thing is gonna turn into a very real battle between the homebrew comunity and Sony isnt it"

I agree with this statement, it will be update after update. firmware 6.0 by next year i bet I wonder if the PSP can be fully closed off from homebrew? Everything has a hole and nothing is perfect.... (fears sony)
Going a little off-topic:
I wonder if someone in the movie buisness could get us a UMD recorder??? and Just out of curiosity could one do that and be able to load various homebrew software of it? The movies biz would have to have one because how woud they release thier videos on the UMD format...

Spngsambigpants
August 7th, 2005, 01:01
Here's an idea for you guys...how about homebrew firmware for the PSP? People have been making home-brew drivers and firmware for a long time, so I shouldn't think it's that novel a concept. I can only imagine how horrified Sony would be (or maybe is) at the idea, but if we understand how to get the system to upgrade itself then maybe we can make our own "upgrades" rather than try to find a way around the ones they give us. I am not familiar, however, with what kind of resources would be required for that, and whether or not it's even possible given the lengths Sony has gone to to keep people from hacking it. What do you guys think?

DDRLord
August 7th, 2005, 05:56
I wonder if someone in the movie buisness could get us a UMD recorder??? and Just out of curiosity could one do that and be able to load various homebrew software of it? The movies biz would have to have one because how woud they release thier videos on the UMD format...
The problem is that even game UMDs need to be encrypted. The movies, I believe, don't. So we could have a whole movie studio's worth of UMD burners, but it wouldn't do us any good without the key. And if we had the key we wouldn't need the burners in the first place.

candrews
August 7th, 2005, 06:00
i think the hardest part about making a homebrew firmware is being able to hack it and put it back to gether with out loosing the keys to make it work or get through the encryption.

stustaff
August 7th, 2005, 10:18
I use a homebrew firmware for my MP3 player its called rockbox for the iriver ihp140.

Im not a programmer but what they did is very sligtly alter the firmware so when you turn on you can choose to boot the original firmware or choose torun a completely new operating system from its hard drive.

Imagine turning your PSP on and choosing sony firmware for your UMD games or boot a OS from your MS to run homebrew on!

The advantage with that is obvious! but also means only slightly altering the sony firmware.

Maybe there is someone who knows what they are doing should speak to the rockbox folk they have a forum on www.misticriver.net

shadowprophet
August 7th, 2005, 11:08
Somone will finely some day. Alter a firmware for the psp.
I dont know if you would find such a thing here tho.
DCEMU prides itself in being legit. And I pride myself in knowing that Dcemu will be around for a long long time because of that :D

stustaff
August 7th, 2005, 12:29
I dont think creating your own firmware is illegal!

Altering sony's though probably is!

shadowprophet
August 7th, 2005, 19:54
But even tho it would be possible to create your own firmware from scratch.
One would almost have to alter sonys firmware to do it within one life time.
To build an entire firmware from scratch and not take anything from sonys firmware. OMG just thinking how genius one would have to be to pull this off and make it work. I dont even think the average genius could do it :p
Thats not to say its impossible. Just that its not likely to ever happen:eek:

therod
August 8th, 2005, 14:29
Doesn't matter if someone creates their own firmware for 2.0 users, the eboot still has to be signed with the correct digital key (which no one knows)

stustaff
August 8th, 2005, 17:06
Wouldnt a brand new firmware have its own eboot?

shadowprophet
August 8th, 2005, 17:53
First of all if somone created there own firmware,
It would most likely be open source and nothing would have to be signed.
You would be able to run anything on it you wanted within the speficitacion tech range that the psp could handle it.
provided that the person that made the firmware made it completely open source of corse.

urherenow
August 8th, 2005, 18:16

I think you're missing the point... Sure once you flashed your BIOS with this new firmware, nothing would have to be signed...

But you need to think of those who are upgraded to 1.51 or more. How would they get this homebrew firmware to flash their BIOS in the first place? IT would have to be signed!

BlackxKnight
August 8th, 2005, 19:25
say a firmware is created.....will commercial games still be supported.....the games the require updates to play? idk there will always be a hole in everything BUT hardware changes seem to be the only permanent solution because the community will go thu all this again when 2.5/3.0 whatever its called is released and all the new games require it.

shadowprophet
August 8th, 2005, 20:59
I think you're missing the point... Sure once you flashed your BIOS with this new firmware, nothing would have to be signed...

But you need to think of those who are upgraded to 1.51 or more. How would they get this homebrew firmware to flash their BIOS in the first place? IT would have to be signed!

Well be more specific in the future. I dont recall us talking about versions specificly,that was a general firmware question.Thats like asking a question and changing the context of the question after its been answered.

Man pulling a trick like thats more messed up then michale jackson back stage at an n~sync concert watching Boy Geroge suck the cream filling out of six month old twinky:p

And thats messed up bro :p .

Thats not directed tword you urherenow

I just though that would get a laugh from people :P

candrews
August 8th, 2005, 21:24
say a firmware is created.....will commercial games still be supported.....the games the require updates to play? idk there will always be a hole in everything BUT hardware changes seem to be the only permanent solution because the community will go thu all this again when 2.5/3.0 whatever its called is released and all the new games require it.

i think once a homebrew firmware would be develop then either it be load so that u could choose it or the official one from sony to boot the system with. but in the end i think once you use the homebrew one either it will let boot the sony one from a different location or more likely get up dated to mimick the officila one in things like new features or to make sure the new games would work with it.

grabnak
August 9th, 2005, 18:10
First of all if somone created there own firmware,
You would be able to run anything on it you wanted within the speficitacion tech range that the psp could handle it.
provided that the person that made the firmware made it completely open source of corse.

Yes it would, but it could not be created and implemented from scratch. You would have to alter the PSP firmware which is illegal, i am not sure about flashing that open source firmware to their eeprom being illegal though. As of now, no one has been altering sony's firmware, all that has been popping up is work arounds for running homebrew. Also you would still have to crack the PSP encription for the key because uploading a new homebrew firmware mean that now the homebrew would have to pass the key to umd to allow offical sony discs to play.

shadowprophet
August 10th, 2005, 13:24
Yes it would, but it could not be created and implemented from scratch. You would have to alter the PSP firmware which is illegal, i am not sure about flashing that open source firmware to their eeprom being illegal though. As of now, no one has been altering sony's firmware, all that has been popping up is work arounds for running homebrew. Also you would still have to crack the PSP encription for the key because uploading a new homebrew firmware mean that now the homebrew would have to pass the key to umd to allow offical sony discs to play.

It would seem that to update any psp's firmware, that is to say any psp beyond version 1.50 you would have to find some way to be able to access the firmware to begin with. I agree to that point. I mean theres really no way around that. Somtimes this works and somtimes it doesnt, But the man that would know would be quzar, *Casts a Quzar Summon spell :p
Quzar? What is the likelyhood that some sort of access to the the psps firmware can be made via the usb port ?

drunkelf
August 20th, 2005, 18:51
Is there a way to run 1.5 update on 2.0 as if 1.5 is the homebrew app on the UPDATE folder without getting the "you already have updated..." with this kid's info?

like changing what you need to change to make it run as if 1.5 is 2.10 ?

TRY IT :p

let me know results
lol

Bye

shadowprophet
August 21st, 2005, 04:25
Is there a way to run 1.5 update on 2.0 as if 1.5 is the homebrew app on the UPDATE folder without getting the "you already have updated..." with this kid's info?

like changing what you need to change to make it run as if 1.5 is 2.10 ?

TRY IT :p

let me know results
lol

Bye
I totaly gotta try some of what your smoking:D
Whos your supplier:cool:

Blaze RT
August 21st, 2005, 04:43
Im a newbie, but ill throw in my .02....or what ever its worth

Is there a way to have, for lack of a better word "Dual Operating Systems"? then just remove one and still be able to boot your PSP via the 2nd OS?

:Example: You have a psp with 2.0 on it, you have 1.5 software on a memory card, is it possible to delete the 2.0 software and install the 1.5? Ive read that there is a windows OS that you can view/edit files from your PSP?

Cross
August 21st, 2005, 18:18
lol all the questions and still it seems the same ideas go round and round...

hbk2005v1
August 22nd, 2005, 00:32
well i really want some 1 to crack 2.0 as im paying £180 for a uk psp and i WANT TO PLAY HOMEBREW ON IT IT SUX is the psp still good without the emulators i really want fifa game on it any 1 played it

B_man55
August 22nd, 2005, 13:45
Get ready for the most noobish thing ever said. I don't know anything about coding, or anything about much of anything really. But it seems to me that because a 2.0 will read the homebrew when it's labeled as an update, but will not run it because it knows it isn't one, what if there was a way to include something in each 2.0 homebrew that made your PSP think that it was infact an update...

PSP_Newbie
August 22nd, 2005, 20:43
only problem with that is, what if it does indeed see it as an update, and try to install all the files into bios? hehe, getting all your psp system files over-written by the snes emulator files might not be too good... :D

t2amaru5s
August 22nd, 2005, 23:46
unfortunatly i uploaded 2.0 before i even knew about hombrew so i have no clue how it work or what it does. is there any way to get it to go, infact how do u hack n to the damn thing?

t2amaru5s
August 22nd, 2005, 23:57
is there any way to beak the consouls main code?then we wont need to worry about updates to come

shadowprophet
August 23rd, 2005, 02:18
You guys with the 1.51+ We feel for you. remember us 1.5 useres went through the same thing.

My homebrew story.

Even before the launch day of the psp.
when I was still dreaming of what possibilities this new handheld system could have.
I got to thinking. Damn I thought. I remember a few years ago when I was heavily into emulation. All the fun I had playing chrono trigger, and tenchi and final fantasy 5, See as of then final fantasy 5 hadnt come to the US.
And then I started thinking.
Gee the psp is going to have a 333 mhz processor. lol that what i had in my computer back then. Wouldnt it be awsome if the psp could play all those games I had. As luck would have it I had an old disk backed up with every rom that I used to play back then. To give you an example of what time I left the emulation scene, Neo demiforce had just released his first english patch for radical dreamers. It was only about ten minuets into the game, and then back to japanese. I didnt know that it was compleated untill recently lol.
Then I remembered Zsnes, way back when, had page for downloads and one of the more interesting emulators they had was a super nintendo emulator for a camra. yes you could actuelly play snes games on one of those overly expensive camras :p

And then it hit me, Surely theres people working on an emulator for the psp.
There has to be. I hit up google and found dcemu. (this was before I had my psp and before the US launch date.)
And at that time there where no emulators out for the psp. Just nems hello world . (Whatever happened to Nem anyway :confused: ) But there was all kinds of news and speculation of emulators to Come.
I would visit every day. And finely by the time I got my psp Which was a 1.5.
emulation has hit the scene.

But alas.

1.5 couldnt play homebrew. Only those lucky people with the 1.0's could play.
Every day I would come back and read and research.
And finely this news of somone called Killerx surfaced.
everyone thought he was a fake.
And so did I.

But just like me others where entertained by the idea, that somwhere somone was makeing progress. one step closer to being able to play homebrew on there 1.5 psp's.

Then finely in what seemd like forever. Kxploit was released.
I quickly downloaded tetris. And of corse thought the program was a bunch of bullshit. And started reading the forums ( Heavily)to find out other people where having luck with this thing.

It turns out that the memstick swap had to be done within a five seconed time frame. And me i was so careful not to scratch my psp or smudge it, I was just takeing too long.
Success!!! I was playing tetris on MY PSP!!
Then I think it was one week later. The same incredibly talented person, Brought out the single card exploit. Riding us of the memstick swap forever.
Ever since that time I have been hopelessly adicted to homebrew. I will never leave this scene or the emulation scene ever again

drunkelf
September 4th, 2005, 03:22
what we need to do is install 1.5 to 2.0 as an update (name it 2.1 but inside is the content from 1.5). period

bye

cablio
September 4th, 2005, 08:38

Very true. And I just can't understand since it has been written so many times, why ppl like drunkelf would say "what we need to do is install 1.5 to 2.0 as an update (name it 2.1 but inside is the content from 1.5). period"
Can I start throwing curses cos that really disturbs me. There was some guy I saw in that forum that his signature was link to a flash with the forum rules. If you read little bit more (not everything but enough) (like me) in forums, you would know that since 1.51 (I repeat myself from other postings) EVERY program has Sony Signature wich the PSP has to check BEFORE starts running it. Changing lines won't make the signature appear.
(PSP white loading screan appears while the signature is being checked so I don't believe the movie posted in here)

It's quite obvious the PSP will be looking for a change of code to rewrite the flash if it thinks it is an update.
After approvement of the signature, the program gets executed. If it's an update - the update itself starts writing in the flash memmory. I guess the update's signature has higher level of access. The checker is just approving and launching the program.

I wonder if someone in the movie buisness could get us a UMD recorder???
You do realize if you work there and you "get us an UMD recorder" you will get fired, sued for so much money that the number will probably fill an UMD. You might even get shot cos some Japanese guy might take it personal.
Anyway, IMO UMDs aren't encrypted, it's just the structure of the disk they are using. If you look the bottom of a CD/DVD and the UMD - there's a big difference of the radius (starting at the center and ending at boot sector of disk). That's enough, you can't just start recalibrating your CD/DVD player to match it since you don't even know if it's weird hybrid of CD and DVD and something else.

I am so sorry for you folks but it seems to me that it's time to choose: Sony way or custom way
I choose the custom way, the homebrew, the illegal way. And I will start using those as soon as mass-approved hacked firmware shows up.

Sony way: Pictures, Games, Movies, Internet
Custom way: Everything "Sony way" has, exept the most new games + simplified code (smaller, faster) + SEGA + PSPide C++ + Linux.

Easy choide if you ask me.

IndianCheese
September 4th, 2005, 20:13
Can I start throwing curses cos that really disturbs me. There was some guy I saw in that forum that his signature was link to a flash with the forum rules. If you read little bit more (not everything but enough) (like me) in forums, you would know that since 1.51 (I repeat myself from other postings) EVERY program has Sony Signature wich the PSP has to check BEFORE starts running it. Changing lines won't make the signature appear.

oh, im sorry, but it does work. download frhed and try it. it shows the psp boot screen and the first update screen, but then it says that the file is corrupt and you have to turn your psp off.