PDA

View Full Version : The Reason Sony Creates Updates. . .

YourStillWithMe
August 5th, 2005, 18:05
Hey,

I just thought of something. Ok ISOS-illegal Homebrew-Legal. I think that the reason Sony is creating updates is to prevent ISOS not Homebrew because I know that some Isos can be run through the memory stick and therefore sony has to create security within the memory stick capabilities forcing us (Homebrew!) to suffer along with the pirates out there! Also consider the fact of there buisness that everyone has brought up. It has would be foolish to NOT support the Homebrew scene. I'm beginning to think Sony wants us to have Homebrew but they dont want there games played and don't want pirates out there. Why did Napster go down X amount of years ago? (well Lars from Metallica) but because people were stealing music and being "pirates."

Cap'n 1time
August 5th, 2005, 18:41
thank you captain obviouse. :D

Fly On
August 5th, 2005, 22:03
Your idea has been highlighted again and again everywhere. But, uh, thanks for your input!

J sims
August 6th, 2005, 00:31
Sony also tries to block out emulators not because they want to but because they have to by reason of Nintendo puting pressure on them.The reason they are puting pressure on Sony is because Nintendo knows a knowlegeable consumer would rather play the orignal SNES game for free on a large screen than pay for a ported version on GBA with a small screen.

JcBoyCool
August 6th, 2005, 00:43
Hey,

I just thought of something. Ok ISOS-illegal Homebrew-Legal. I think that the reason Sony is creating updates is to prevent ISOS not Homebrew because I know that some Isos can be run through the memory stick and therefore sony has to create security within the memory stick capabilities forcing us (Homebrew!) to suffer along with the pirates out there! Also consider the fact of there buisness that everyone has brought up. It has would be foolish to NOT support the Homebrew scene. I'm beginning to think Sony wants us to have Homebrew but they dont want there games played and don't want pirates out there. Why did Napster go down X amount of years ago? (well Lars from Metallica) but because people were stealing music and being "pirates."
http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/4010/stop3vu.gif Holy cow batman it is captain obviouse here to help us save the day.

RabidPuppi
August 6th, 2005, 01:49
hahaha thats whut i call a revelation

Cap'n 1time
August 6th, 2005, 01:53
hey, i didnt post that to start a flameing fest. dont disrespect.

turtleghandi
August 12th, 2005, 05:05
I think sony can make more off of homebrew. When people see you doing all kind of awesome stuff with a PSP (i.e. web browser in public) then they are like "Wow that's cool" Sony puts out updates to maintain corporate and legal standards. They have to at least try to make it look like they are trying to stop the stuff that is driving their system. Look at the PSP demographic. It's not a bunch of dumb little kids. We're nerds. We figure stuff out these easy little updates sony puts out, but when it happens that way in stead of by them not even releasing updates, they can just go "Oh gosh darnit it was those meddling hackers again." But I don't think the hacks are hurting the psp. The are just further awesomilating it (1337 word making up skills).

therod
August 12th, 2005, 11:35
Sony lose money on every PSP made/sold.

They make money through royalties on games.

Therefore the hacks are hurting the PSP, they open the door for piracy and homebrew doesn't make any money for Sony.

*o*
August 12th, 2005, 12:10
every game sold sony recieves $30 every psp sold sony loses $200

Omoikane
August 12th, 2005, 12:19
can you point me in the direction where people get that information? i mean the sony losing money ($200 is the most ive seen yet)