PDA

View Full Version : Help with making a multi disc eboot

Leetman23
February 3rd, 2008, 17:09
I have eboots of every disc from FFVIII and I would like to make a single eboot of every disc. I am running 3.80 m-33. I don't even know if this is necessary and never used poploader before because I never found it necessary. I want to make the multi disc eboot so I don't have to start over after disc one if I find out I can't change discs or something.

What can I do?

SoulReaver911
February 3rd, 2008, 17:16
You can change discs on the FF games because they save right after the end of the disc, meaning you can pick up on the next disc where you left off.

In order to do this, you just need to alter the eboot files to have the same game id as the first disc, and you're free to continue the game. That should be an easy fix for what you're playing now.

In the future, for other games that you can't save after the end of the disc, use ImpalerPSX. (http://impaleriso.com/psx_eboot_creator.htm) You can use this program to create a single eboot file, and you can use this for FF8 too.

About popsloader, you should really get it. FF8 runs better on some firmwares than others, as do most games for playstation.

Leetman23
February 3rd, 2008, 18:59
Now how would I change the game ID's? I used Simple GUI Popstation v3 to open my current EBOOT of Disc 1, recompress it and I changed the gameID to SLCS-01324 (I hear that works best or something like that) and left the game save to Final Fantasy VIII Disc 1.

That was sucessful but ow when I try Disc 2 with the same options I get a "zlib inflate failure!" error near the end of the iso extraction part.

Any other way to change an Eboot's gameid?

SoulReaver911
February 3rd, 2008, 20:26
Absolutely. Here is my favorite gui that will give you no problems.

http://dl.qj.net/PSX2PSP-popstation-GUI-v1.2-PSP-Homebrew-Applications/pg/12/fid/12982/catid/151

You don't have to change the game id for the first disc, only the discs after that. You have to change the second disc to be the same as the first disc, as well as the other two. You mights also make the save id (which is the option right under gameid) to be the same for all 4 discs too, though this might not be necessary.

Leetman23
February 3rd, 2008, 21:29
Seems to work nice but I am still having a slight problem. I change the game ID from SLUS00812 to SLUS01324. I have read on some other forum that changing the game ID allows you to bypass certain glitches and makes the game work better in some cases. I change it to SLUS01324 and it boots the main menu of the game, but when I go to New Game, it freezes. Should I just not change the ID?

SoulReaver911
February 4th, 2008, 04:58
Well, I wouldn't change the game id for the first disc. I'm not sure if that really helps with glitches or not.

The problem sounds like FF8 may be having trouble running on 3.80 firmware. Again, I highly suggest using Popsloader and changing to to a firmware that runs the game better, like 3.60 and 3.40 are known working ones.

Try popsloader with the different id you're using and see if it works. If it doesn't you should probably just keep the original id.

OrlGuy82
September 30th, 2008, 00:05
I have eboots of every disc from FFVIII and I would like to make a single eboot of every disc. I am running 3.80 m-33. I don't even know if this is necessary and never used poploader before because I never found it necessary. I want to make the multi disc eboot so I don't have to start over after disc one if I find out I can't change discs or something.

What can I do?

This particular thread may be a bit out of date, but I'll try anyway. I need to do the same with FFIX. Have the eboot for each of the disks, but when i start up the eboot for disk 2, it loads just fine, except it freezes up when i actually load my save file. anyone know what causes this?

Wally
September 30th, 2008, 10:58
There is now multidisk support built right into some programs..

Wally

OrlGuy82
September 30th, 2008, 20:58
such as? hehe