PDA

View Full Version : Sony PSP Stolen Out Of Boy's Hands

wraggster
February 3rd, 2008, 21:27
State Police in Blooming Grove is investigating a robbery which occurred at the mailboxes of a private development known as The Falls @ Saw Creek, Lehman Township, at around 8 p.m., January 31.
A 13 year old boy was at the mailboxes playing with his Sony PSP (PlayStation® Portable) when a Ford Expedition pulled up and a juvenile male jumped out and grabbed the Sony PSP from his hands.
The male jumped back into the vehicle and speeded away, said Trooper Bryan Slavinski. the Ford Expedition was described as black in color with tinted windows, gold or silver trim along the wheel wells, and having running boards.

http://www.wayneindependent.com/news/x142941590

Triv1um
February 3rd, 2008, 21:31
Happens all the time.

Its ashame the world has become like this.

pibs
February 3rd, 2008, 21:43
Damn thats pretty gangster, that kid was bound to get jacked if he kept playing in front of his house at night.

At least he didn't get hurt.

pingoo89
February 3rd, 2008, 21:50
ooh.. tht would feel kinda traumatising in a way.. i know because im 13 myself lol.

like pibs said, at least he didnt get hurt, thats kinda da main ting

devdj
February 3rd, 2008, 21:54
ha ha thats what prepubscents get for playing there psps at night i always carry a weapon on me at all times its a homemade tazer which ill give ya a pretty good jolt that ill make them robbing yobs go bye bye if ya know what i mean

stevo11185
February 3rd, 2008, 22:10
Its always black people T.T...... then the media get accused of being racist

djbrotherson
February 3rd, 2008, 22:15
What the hell you talking about

Video_freak
February 3rd, 2008, 22:15
Why do we still report this type of news? I know it may seem insensitive, but this stuff has been happening forever. What's the point of posting it?

PS: That does suck for the little boy. Oh and it would have been more gangster if the robber had grabbed the PSP without stopping. :P

Gizmo356
February 3rd, 2008, 22:19
It didn't say anything about the person being black, atleast from what I read. You shouldn't assume things like that, keep it to your self.

Joe88
February 3rd, 2008, 22:27
It didn't say anything about the person being black, atleast from what I read. You shouldn't assume things like that, keep it to your self.

yea the part of the paragraph
its easy to mistake that
it makes it seem like the skin was black and not the car
should be worded a little better :cool:

Tetris999
February 3rd, 2008, 23:06
when i was at that age i would never take my stuff and play it in a public place, its just stupid

and really, if a freakin car just pulls up beside you and a guy jumps out and walks (or runs) toward you wont you find that A LITTLE suspicious? and the kid is pretty stupid for not paying attention to that, hes probably so sucked into the game that he doesn't notice the world around him

i wouldnt be surprised if he got ran over and the title reads Stupid Kid Gets hit by a car playing psp

i think its good he got his psp stolen, if hes so oblivious to the world around him it could've been worse!

JKKDARK
February 3rd, 2008, 23:38
this back person was too agressive

Ultima Chocochu
February 4th, 2008, 00:21

Nothing was said of a black person, unless I read wrong
and the media isn't racist, it's people who blame it on a certain race without reason whom are racist...Which I've not seen the media do so, course I'm not massively into the news and such

But it does suck for the kid.

mike_jmg
February 4th, 2008, 00:47
That sucks
but he shouldn't play on the streets at that hour, it's too tempting for thieves, or someone who can't afford it

wolfpack
February 4th, 2008, 01:42
this happened to me before. i know what its like. except it happened in school and the person that robbed me happened to not even go to my school. i ended up getting it back a month or 2 later, but it was all screwed up... well i wish this kid the best of luck...

Sektor
February 4th, 2008, 06:35
Some guy took my PSP out of my hands while I was on the train but 3 people helped me hold him down and I got it back. I've heard of women being raped and no one even did anything to stop it, so I sure wasn't expecting help to get back a PSP, there may still be some hope for humanity.

malgora
February 4th, 2008, 08:08
somethign like that happend in melbourne (aus) a guy who was disabled was on a tram and guys took his psp, damm people like that piss me off

No_one_in_particular
February 4th, 2008, 15:44
when i was at that age i would never take my stuff and play it in a public place, its just stupid

and really, if a freakin car just pulls up beside you and a guy jumps out and walks (or runs) toward you wont you find that A LITTLE suspicious? and the kid is pretty stupid for not paying attention to that, hes probably so sucked into the game that he doesn't notice the world around him

i wouldnt be surprised if he got ran over and the title reads Stupid Kid Gets hit by a car playing psp

i think its good he got his psp stolen, if hes so oblivious to the world around him it could've been worse!
That's a ridiculously stupid argument. So it's the kids fault if he was only focusing on the game he was playing, and not potential robbers ? He was standing - not walking - standing, so why the hell should he have had to focus on anything else ? Most streets you go down here have cars coming and going, so to watch everything that passed would make actually playing the PSP an impossibilty.

He's also thirteen year old, so maybe he still had enough faith in the world to play HIS console, outside, without being mugged by a thieving tosser? Is it really THAT bad of him ? Way to encourage theft.

newb_fo_life
February 4th, 2008, 18:21
Thats sad how some one can do that to some one tbh

theovemonk
February 4th, 2008, 22:25
i was nearly robbed of my psp a week back. i finished work and was at the bus stop with my psp. i got surrounded by three teenagers (15/16). i clocked on quick and put my psp away but these guys followed me untill i decided to get off near the police station (luckily for me the bus stops in front of the police station. i got off and these got off they stood a meter behind me then two officers appeared i pretended i was lost and asked them if they could show me the way. fortunately i acted dumb long enough for the guys to give up and go. i told the police about it afterwards they came half way to my house not too far from the station.

CaptainMorgan4
February 4th, 2008, 23:48
Just sounds like the kid got beat to me, not sure why this is a story on DCEMU though, not like they're gonna find the people. It was amusing reading some of your stories though guys, alot of you are pussies.

osgeld
February 5th, 2008, 03:36
13 year old doesnt know the difference tween gold and silver?

acn010
February 5th, 2008, 04:38
lol pwned....
idle pwnedge! lol
oh well, better luck next time

Broadus
February 5th, 2008, 05:02
It "speeded" away? Did it really?
Y'know, I'm never tempted enough to bring out my PSP in public places unless I'm waiting for an extremely long time or I'm really bored, and even if I did bring it out at every opportunity, there's pretty much no crime in my town so nobody would ever steal from me (or anyone else) in public.
Also, there's not really anything he can do once the truck drives up and he's standing outside for no reason. The truck stops right in front of him. What's he going to do, run or fight or something? Obviously this person could outrun him or beat him up or whatever.
And maybe he just lost his PSP and made up a crazy story as to why. But probably not.
Also, IT IS NOT A BLACK PERSON. SHUT THE HELL UP YOU RACISTS.

boo128
February 5th, 2008, 10:30
It is a shame that a thirteen year old cannot play on their handheld console outside their own home without being mugged. After all, we are always being told that kids should spend more time outside - all this will do is make parents keep their kids indoors even more

As for this child, he is probably going to be scared of setting foot outside of his own home for a while now, let alone going anywhere on his own!

On a positive(?) note, at least he was not injured or worse.

Stone Temple Pilots
February 6th, 2008, 03:38
To the poster above me, when they're told to go outside, it means, go play or do something active, not actually going outside and playing your handheld, lol. But yeah, it is a freaking shame that a kid or any person for that matter can't play their handheld in public (a kickass handheld at that) without getting mugged by some creep. I want to know what that guy was doing driving around jacking PSPs.