PDA

View Full Version : C&D strikes out at DS - first screens

Shrygue
February 4th, 2008, 19:44
via Computer and Video Games (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=181413)

For those C&C fans waiting for the classic franchise to make a debut on Nintendo's handheld, it might be worth noting that March 14 is the date you've been waiting for.

Command and Destroy takes its cues from Dune 2, Red Alert and Starcraft, and claims to bring that style of gameplay to the DS, says the release.

In typical RTS fashion, players acquire credits through the exploitation of oil and then use those credits to build an alien army to defeat a human colony, or a human one to fend off the invading alien hordes.

As well as a twenty-four mission strong single-player campaign, a multiplayer skirmish mode is available, for those who have fond memories of amassing a hundred units and sending them up against a mate's pitiful army.

The screenshots are not fantastic, but they're not that bad either. With a release date approaching fast, we'll make a few phone calls to see what more we can find out.

Screenshots (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/viewer.php?mode=article&id=191756)

wraggster
February 4th, 2008, 20:01
the screens look great :)

tn5493
February 5th, 2008, 14:26
damn cool
when cames the first demo out i wanna play it now
itīs really good work:thumbup: go on with this project
and letīs hope that not the same things happens like by starlite

(sorry for my bad english ):D

Seven7
February 5th, 2008, 16:19
Is this a homebrew project or a commercial release? Because it looks commercial. It "reeks" of commercial.

Vixtro
February 5th, 2008, 20:24
Is this a homebrew project or a commercial release? Because it looks commercial. It "reeks" of commercial.
Obviously commercial mate since this news/screens is coming from CVG. This looks great and for some reason looks like ol Total Annihilation more than C&C but that in no way is a bad thing! I'll be checking this game out straight away. :D