PDA

View Full Version : n00b wanting to install modded firmware :)

QuiksilverKev
February 6th, 2008, 08:50
Hey guys, im new to this PSP buisness, just got a slim PSP, and am interested in replacing the firmware with a modded one to enable me to use Homebrew Software, is there any advice on this, or some sort of guide I cant seem to find on here?

Cheers!

Kev

hodgy47
February 6th, 2008, 22:51
If you have a slim you need to run despertar cementario v3 or v4 and you will also need a battery converted to service mode, and most of all a psp with custom firmware to make the memstick as you could always buy a datel tool battery.

If you live in the uk i can provide a loan service for the memstick and battery already made to upgrade a slim, you will however have to pay for postage both ways and make sure you return them when finished.

QuiksilverKev
February 8th, 2008, 08:31
Excellent mate! Thanks for the offer, will keep it in mind.

Whats the chance of bricking my PSP then?

Is this a Risky procedure?

bah
February 8th, 2008, 09:52
The pandora's battery method is basically the official sony restore procedure. Meaning its what they used to fix bricked PSPs that got sent back for repair.

So once you have a working pandora memory stick/battery combo then you can fix any (software) bricked PSP.
Even if you flash something corrupt to the PSP, you just use the pandora method again and its fixed.

QuiksilverKev
February 8th, 2008, 12:45
Excellent advice - thanks guys :)

I heared it was the official sony method, so fingers crossed lets see what happens :)

Kev