PDA

View Full Version : 'Duke Nukem Forever' confirmed for 2008, coming to home consoles

JKKDARK
February 6th, 2008, 16:29
source (http://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/stories/2008/02/04/daily17.html)

Garland-based video games developer 3D Realms has confirmed Duke Nukem Forever, the highly anticipated sequel to its revolutionary 1996 PC game Duke Nukem 3D, is headed for retail release in late 2008, and will be coming to Microsoft's Xbox 360 and Sony's PlayStation 3 home video game consoles, as well as the PC.

"We haven't formally announced any platforms for DNF," wrote 3D Realms President Scott Miller in an e-mail exchange. "But, of course hitting the big three makes the most sense (PC, PS3, 360)."

Miller added a note of caution on the 12-years-coming sequel and its release window, claiming, "we may miss the mark by a month or two, but I feel very confident that we're on target this time."

Duke Nukem Forever is not the only 3D Realms title coming to home video game consoles in 2008. Miller also confirmed the existence of a downloadable Xbox Live Arcade version of Duke Nukem 3D, which will feature on-line multiplayer support, Xbox Live achievements, on-line score boards, and a co-op mode.

"We're really excited about bringing classic Duke to the 360," said Miller during an interview. "We're talking to Microsoft about getting a release slot sometime this year."

eatnooM
February 6th, 2008, 17:08
Wow, a release date on Duke Nukem Forever. All I have to say is that I'll believe it when I see it :P

JKKDARK
February 6th, 2008, 17:12
It's the Guns N' Roses's Chinese Democracy of the video games!

Mikey242
February 6th, 2008, 17:14
I will believe it when I see it. Such an unfortunate name considering its reputation lol.

Graxer0419
February 6th, 2008, 17:24
Maybe they should have waited until it is shipped to stores before announcing it.

Pilot_51
February 6th, 2008, 17:34
I thought "the big three" was Wii, 360, and PS3. The PC is sort of in a category of its own.

Aryn
February 6th, 2008, 18:10
Well, if this game gets released it will be too little, too late. I mean, this Duke Nukem game took FOREVER to be developed and for what? A clone of the Duke Nukem games with different levels and shinier graphics?

Perhaps this game should be cancelled and swept under the rug in hopes that people will forget about it.

_X_Zero
February 6th, 2008, 21:21
I just dont think even if it comes out that it will Do well.. I mean I forgot all about this game years ago why go back to it

when there are way better games now. "if" it really does come out then i "might" try it. i dont see this game Doing well

though... i kinda hope im wrong but im not sure...

R4mbo
February 7th, 2008, 11:38
YEA! This would be AWESOME!

the_eternal_dark
February 7th, 2008, 12:25
I just dont think even if it comes out that it will Do well.. I mean I forgot all about this game years ago why go back to it

when there are way better games now. "if" it really does come out then i "might" try it. i dont see this game Doing well

though... i kinda hope im wrong but im not sure...

How do you know there are better games out now when you haven't even played DNF yet? Just because "you" forgot about it doesn't mean it won't be good. It means that you won't be expecting it when it comes.

Raanan_Z
February 8th, 2008, 04:13
Actually if you will go to 3dralms site you will see that it was a mistake and its not the release date. its still "when its done"