PDA

View Full Version : WinPSP/whatever project dead.

Cap'n 1time
August 8th, 2005, 23:06
I was going through the ps2dev.org forums and I found this post by fluff.

Fluff

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 10:52 pm Post subject: Reply with quote
This projects dead, i wont be working on it anymore, and i am not giving permission for my own artwork to be used, so if someone feels like messing with the source and releasing something themselves, they'd damn well better do their own graphics too.

I'd personally like to thank MSX for the death of this project, when you are given an internal beta, and SPECIFICALLY asked, not to show anyone, or distrobute information about the project,
Doing the opposite, posting pictures and in depth information about the project and its plans, you are going against the entire concept of being an internal beta tester, Take your post in this thread, "hi im a beta tester and this is what it is", rediculous, bloody rediculous.

You know, ive never really liked this project.. it just sounds so idiotic that somone would even name a psp program after windows.. even when they chose to change the name to whatever shit they decided on, i thought they were just sale outs...

I cant see that MSX has really done much wrong reporting information on the project, and blaming the death of his project on him over a few (fake looking) pics is just inane.

No coder should follow this persons example.

His source is availible somewhere in this link. I guess.

http://forums.ps2dev.org/viewtopic.php?t=2445&start=30&sid=74b85935b23b6826e6c38f81983fc60b

And dont think im just angry about this shit not being completed.. It sounded lame when i first heard of it, and thanks to the author, it sounds even lamer now.

This whole thing sounds like someone is being a attention seeking, lazy ass, drama queen.

DDRLord
August 8th, 2005, 23:22
Now, I hate to be a jerk myself, but your own post pissed me off a fair bit.
Now, I can't say anything about MSX or whether or not he should be blamed, but attitudes like yours make the dev scene just a bit harder to work in.

You know, ive never really liked this project.. it just sounds so idiotic that somone would even name a psp program after windows.. even when they chose to change the name to whatever shit they decided on, i thought they were just sale outs...
Sellouts? Sell out to what? They weren't making money, they just took a name that fit their project. It was a WINdow manager for the PSP. Heck, they were even nice enough to change it to Psix (if I remember correctly) when people complained about the name. A program should not be judged by its name alone, but by what it's capable of doing. And they certainly did not "sell out" to anything.

And dont think im just angry about this shit not being completed.. It sounded lame when i first heard of it, and thanks to the author, it sounds even lamer now.
It's this kind of attitude that's pissing me off. When PSprint was released people complained that "Oh, just another useless keyboard program. Sure, maybe you didn't need a window manager for your PSP. Maybe you find it pretty dumb, but not everybody does. I personally don't need one, as I am content with the built in OS, but if I was fed up with corrupt icons and crappy backgrounds I might have opted for something that looked much more polished. And if there's one thing you have to admit, it's that Psix looked pretty damned good. Who knows, if 2.0 does eventually get homebrew through some "Update" folder trick (or otherwise) a window manager will not only be "nice" but completely necessary to run more than just one application.

So keep your stupid comments like:

This whole thing sounds like someone is being a attention seeking, lazy ass, drama queen. to yourself.

Why would you want to complete a project when you have to deal with comments like these? I would be pretty discouraged from finishing it if all I had to listen to was "lame", "unecessary", "lawl!!111 ghey."
So shut up or log off, whichever it takes to keep attitudes like yours out of the way of developers.

gimpyjr
August 9th, 2005, 01:43
STOP FIGHTING GUYS! tHE WHOLE PURPOSE OF THE DEV SCENE IS to see what PSP is capable of and collaborate with your peers.

Nobody is getting paid to do these projects, it's all supposed to be for fun!

Nobody ever got anywhere by saying it was all ME! ME MEME ME

If you can't be civil when working with each other don't do it at all!

Cap'n 1time
August 9th, 2005, 02:02
blahblahblah so its not a quote, but its what i read.

perhapes I over reacted a bit, but there is no reason for Fluff to react the way he did to MSX. Hell I dont even like MSX, but I still think this was uncalled for.

Fluff is an asshole not because he didnt release his program (If I cant complain about a shitty program then how are we able to complain about a shitty OS.. for instance... windows. Hell why do we complain about anything! OMG IT EXISTS! WE SHOULD PRAISE IT! no. Perhapes I should make a simple program that says DDRLord sucks. but thats ok right? its a program for PSP! so it must be worth somthing.

Anyways, I dont like MSX or Fluff, or even you at the moment. I admire your courage for posting the above blahblahblah, but I do not commend it.

This post was actually an enraged message to Fluff, if he were to read it. I didnt think I would pull in some other guy who was going to complain about my attitude. This message was not meant for you, but again, I admire you for posting that. (once again, I dont like you, so dont get any lovy dovy ideas)

Most of that crap was a filler to get out my point that he overreacted, and in doing so I supose I overreacted myself. A compliment such as that is all youll ever get from me. So dont push your luck and respond with arrogance. I might not show such kindness in the future.

DDRLord
August 9th, 2005, 03:32
STOP FIGHTING GUYS! tHE WHOLE PURPOSE OF THE DEV SCENE IS to see what PSP is capable of and collaborate with your peers.
And that's what I'm upset about. Making posts insulting other's programs isn't collaborating. But you've got a point, I'll stop. After all, if I kept going 1timeuser might decide to not be so kind and insult me on the internet. Who knows, he might even modify the source to Hello World so it reads DDRLord Sucks. Then I'd really feel his mighty wrath.
Could you imagine how big a pickle I'd be in if he had to go through the trouble of actually reading my post? Why, life as we know it would be over.

But I'll really stop. I just got sick of seeing people complaining instead of contributing. Getting angry as a result makes me no better than him.

quzar
August 9th, 2005, 07:32
any coder who would abandon a project completely simply because someone was mouthing off about it and released a private beta probably either wouldn't have been able to complete it anyways (for either lack of skill, concentration, or caring) or is starved for attention 100%.

also, DDRlord, complaining about complaining without contributing is still complaining without contributing. oh, and way to concede to 1time's argument by using the whole "arguing over the internet is pointless" cop-out.

MSX
August 9th, 2005, 07:37
That hurts 1timeuser :( :p

I have no grudge against Fluff/naoneo, and I'm not trying to start anything with him when I say this, but I think he's just using me as a scapegoat so that he can stop coding it. If you recall, he even came into the thread and talked about features.

I asked and he said yes, I could take pics of it running, he just wants a way out of coding it.

So, before you think I'm the reason it was stopped, don't, I wasn't. I didn't release the beta to anyone, I showed pics of it running, and I was granted permission to do so.

shizzle
August 9th, 2005, 09:03
i hate to say i told you so. :D

Seriously fluff is a complete n00b to do this. Blaming you, even though i thought it was wrong in the first place for you to show us beta pics( just in case this happened lol), he still gave permission. Seriously msx, i never really had much respect for you here, nor did i for fluff and his posting features before it's certain stuff, but you can still make up for it.

Send us his graphical beta, to coders, let this project live , let it become you're project. Then he can perosonally thank your ass for the death of it. You bare no grudge, he's just slated you and what ever rep you might have had in front of the entire psp scence. If you go out without a bang you just end up as some n00b who ruined a project that got slated to death lol.

In related news, can somebody compile the nano-x port i cba to download the psp sdk/compiler.

DDRLord
August 9th, 2005, 21:58
oh, and way to concede to 1time's argument by using the whole "arguing over the internet is pointless" cop-out.
I know I said I'd stop, but I have to defend myself on this point.
I knew it was pointless, and that my comments were as detrimental as his, so that there was no reason in arguing any more.
And it's especially hard to argue when the other party isn't even reading your responses.
He insulted WinPSP, so I defended it. Rather than pointing out some flaw in my views, or a problem with my arguement... he said, "Well, what if I released a program that said DDRLord is gay?"
I have nothing against arguing, but that isn't arguing.
That's an insult pulled straight from elementary school.
So if someone can actually counter my views rather than saying "you're gay" or "way to lose" then I'll gladly fight right back.
Until then I'll just sit down and relax.

Cap'n 1time
August 9th, 2005, 23:03
I know I said I'd stop, but I have to defend myself on this point.
I knew it was pointless, and that my comments were as detrimental as his, so that there was no reason in arguing any more.
And it's especially hard to argue when the other party isn't even reading your responses.
He insulted WinPSP, so I defended it. Rather than pointing out some flaw in my views, or a problem with my arguement... he said, "Well, what if I released a program that said DDRLord is gay?"
I have nothing against arguing, but that isn't arguing.
That's an insult pulled straight from elementary school.
So if someone can actually counter my views rather than saying "you're gay" or "way to lose" then I'll gladly fight right back.
Until then I'll just sit down and relax.

i dont feel like fighting, or reading your long boring responces. go away. Hows that for a responce? I gave you a chance to just let it go and you threw it away. Now enjoy being the first ever on my ignored list.
PS. I gave an example of making a useless program that in no way would mention the word "gay". Read up if you dont believe me. have a nice life.

@ MSX, I dont think this is your fault at all. Like quazar said, Its obviouse Fluff either had a mind **** and decided to take it out on you, or he just really wanted attention. There is no excuse for his actions.

Stick around MSX. I said I dont like you. But I dont really like my mom either and I deal with her... XD your a good guy to have around truly :)

DDRLord
August 10th, 2005, 00:12
Now enjoy being the first ever on my ignored list.
Honestly, sarcasm free:
Thank you.

Kaiser
August 10th, 2005, 00:47
Honestly, sarcasm free:
Thank you.

Your argument went down in flames and you try to finish it like that. :confused:

As for MSX and Fluff, I could care less. It seems MSX was used as a scapecgoat but whatever. I really don't care the project never interested me from the start. The initial post in this thread said it all. WinPSP is over and Fluff's reputation took a major hit.

Cap'n 1time
August 10th, 2005, 02:43
Your argument went down in flames and you try to finish it like that. :confused:

As for MSX and Fluff, I could care less. It seems MSX was used as a scapecgoat but whatever. I really don't care the project never interested me from the start. The initial post in this thread said it all. WinPSP is over and Fluff's reputation took a major hit.

kaiser, dont forget that were argueing over the internet, and apparently im an elementary school child. im sure i can learn a valuable lesson from his maturity after all, spinning my words (der der i missed the point about the useless program, he is just calling me gay der der), and then not walking away from an arguement one cannot win is certainly a sign of maturity.. right? :rolleyes:

someone please lock this. It seems im constantly starting flamefests somehow... but unlike the otherones, im willing to take responsabliity for this one.

quzar
August 10th, 2005, 16:13
1time: you missed the point of what i was saying. MSX wasn't in the right. I'm sure that fluff truely was insulted by the fact that he was releasing stuff without asking. What my comment was supposed to relay was that if that is the case, then odds are the project would have been left incomplete anyways.

xphorz
August 10th, 2005, 16:18
I'm sure that fluff truely was insulted by the fact that he was releasing stuff without asking.

i know that feeling, beta 1 of my rpg was supposed to be private, only for close friends of mine, but one of them let everyone else have it, all over the internet.
that's the only reason beta 1 is public now.

@fluff (if u read this) - sorry he did that to you

BlackxKnight
August 10th, 2005, 17:07
i know that feeling, beta 1 of my rpg was supposed to be private, only for close friends of mine, but one of them let everyone else have it, all over the internet.

@fluff (if u read this) - sorry he did that to you
well theres a clear differnce he only released information and screenshots.....your buddy released a working beta for people to use.

@1time, you are a bit of an a-hole sometime but i guess thats probably why i like your posts....idk i like strait shooters its easier to cut thru all the bs and actually give some criticism

@fluff, its a shame your dumping out of the project but releasing screenshots dosnt exactly kill a project....it just seems like you lost interest, ran into too many issues, or just want attention....after you cool off pick it back up....its a cool concept imo.

@msx, fluff is just looking for a way out, dont take it personal cuz it really has nothing to do with you.

@ddrlord, arguing with 1time is a hard nut to crack....i stress "nut" cuz i seriously think hes atleast minorly mental somtimes.....

@1time...again, are you on meds or should you be?

xphorz
August 10th, 2005, 18:03
i don't think 1time is that bad, he seems alot like the kind of plp i hang out with
maybe that's why i like talking to him :rolleyes:

Cap'n 1time
August 10th, 2005, 19:11
well theres a clear differnce he only released information and screenshots.....your buddy released a working beta for people to use.

@1time, you are a bit of an a-hole sometime but i guess thats probably why i like your posts....idk i like strait shooters its easier to cut thru all the bs and actually give some criticism

@ddrlord, arguing with 1time is a hard nut to crack....i stress "nut" cuz i seriously think hes atleast minorly mental somtimes.....

only minorly eh? ;)

Im not quite crazy. You should be able to to predict a pattern in my posts actually. Like you said, I dont believe in alot of bullshit. I only state what I know and what is my opinion. Your free to prove me wrong.. but if you cant... well you might as well being argueing with a wall. I am far from perfect and I actually enjoy learning new things. I stated that crap about fluff, because from what I had heard, this was morally incorrect in everway. Im actually a nice guy ;) .
edit: but not a good speller ;)

I would really like to hear what fluff had to say for himself in this case.

@quzar. I misunderstood your point, but I still think that Fluff was in the end was looking for someone to blame is problems (whatever they may be) on, and an easy target was MSX.

now I say I dont like a number of you... but honestly without alot of you id be kind of bored. :D

xphorz
August 10th, 2005, 19:15
now I say I dont like a number of you...

that include me? i don't really care if u like me but you seem like a friend to me :D

well you might as well being argueing with a wall
that's fun :)
but i like hitting my head against it more :D

MSX
August 11th, 2005, 00:44
1time: you missed the point of what i was saying. MSX wasn't in the right. I'm sure that fluff truely was insulted by the fact that he was releasing stuff without asking. What my comment was supposed to relay was that if that is the case, then odds are the project would have been left incomplete anyways.quzar, I'm not trying to sound smart-assy or sarcastic in any way, but if you read through my previous posts in this thread, I said that I asked Fluff if it was ok to give out some pics of it running, and he agreed, hell, he even came into the original thread and let people know some of the features, so him saying I killed the project is, for lack of a better word, bullshit.

@fluff (if u read this) - sorry he did that to youI'm sure that must have sucked xphorz, but again, if you read through my posts, all I did was give out screenshots and bits of information which Fluff also confirmed. I didn't give out any type of beta, so I'm not sure why you're sorry, as I didn't do anything to him.

@fluff, its a shame your dumping out of the project but releasing screenshots dosnt exactly kill a project....it just seems like you lost interest, ran into too many issues, or just want attention....after you cool off pick it back up....its a cool concept imo.

@msx, fluff is just looking for a way out, dont take it personal cuz it really has nothing to do with you.

@1time...again, are you on meds or should you be?Agreed.

@quzar. I misunderstood your point, but I still think that Fluff was in the end was looking for someone to blame is problems (whatever they may be) on, and an easy target was MSX.I'm sure you meant that as I was the closest person to PSIX, and that would make me easy to pin the discontinuation on, but at first I felt like you meant as if he were taking advantage of a retarded kid :D haha.

xuphorz
August 11th, 2005, 01:35
that's one long post :eek:

but you're right, i don't see any beta you gave out anywhere
fluff was probly using u as a scapegoat

quzar
August 11th, 2005, 15:30
quzar, I'm not trying to sound smart-assy or sarcastic in any way, but if you read through my previous posts in this thread, I said that I asked Fluff if it was ok to give out some pics of it running, and he agreed, hell, he even came into the original thread and let people know some of the features, so him saying I killed the project is, for lack of a better word, bullshit.

and all we have for that is your word vs. his. and just because he does not represent himself does not imply guilt. You could have very well killed the project, I know from personal experience the frustration of having people constantly try to pump you for information, or tell you you should be working on such and such or whatnot. Wether or not you leaked a beta doesn't mean you still didn't kill the project.

MSX
August 11th, 2005, 15:45
and all we have for that is your word vs. his. and just because he does not represent himself does not imply guilt. You could have very well killed the project, I know from personal experience the frustration of having people constantly try to pump you for information, or tell you you should be working on such and such or whatnot. Wether or not you leaked a beta doesn't mean you still didn't kill the project.
I was never trying to pump him for new or more information...whenever he had something new he uploaded a screenshot of it or direct connected through AIM and showed it to me there, then I complimented him on it, because all of it looked good. I've never told him he should be working on it either...his dad died a week or two after the initial announcement, which was the cause for the slowdown in work, and there's no way I could tell someone to work after something like that happens to them, that's just wrong.

The "reason" he gave for me killing the project was giving out screenshots and information, all of which he agreed to...and like I said, he came into the thread and told people himself.

xuphorz
August 11th, 2005, 15:47
i'm not disagreeing with MSX, but quzar, could you check the ip addresses of MSX and Fluff? see if they're the same

MSX
August 11th, 2005, 16:44
i'm not disagreeing with MSX, but quzar, could you check the ip addresses of MSX and Fluff? see if they're the same
Er......

I'm not sure why you'd think I'm Fluff, but sure, go ahead and check the IPs.

Onetonbullet
August 12th, 2005, 03:00
I'm never arguing with Quzar, or 1TimeUser...

Cap'n 1time
August 12th, 2005, 03:10

well that would be too good to be true XD.

no way MSX is fluff. I kind of like MSX and i can smell a rotten fish like fluff from a mile away.

Keith
August 12th, 2005, 03:28
Thread Lock requested by 1timeuser (Thread Starter).