PDA

View Full Version : Hello World PS3 Video - ?

wraggster
February 7th, 2008, 00:00
kiddido posted this video on youtube of the supposed unreleased Hello World for the PS3:

http://www.youtube.com/v/0B59wRhYpOE

Discuss via Comments

LilSwish722
February 7th, 2008, 00:11
I'll believe it when it's tested by one of us

Accordion
February 7th, 2008, 00:14
hmm, i thought 'TEAM ICE" stated they couldn't move any further?

as much as i hope it is real, i find the video folder access at the beginning slightly suspect, why not just show the image file launch?

porchemasi
February 7th, 2008, 00:21
its obv fake, why not show a empty PHOTO with just the TIFF exploit , and GET CLOSER TO THE TV, its 100% fake

Team ICE even said they stuck, how could this hello world be out if they have no clue to do it?

Gizmo356
February 7th, 2008, 01:12
its obv fake, why not show a empty PHOTO with just the TIFF exploit , and GET CLOSER TO THE TV, its 100% fake

Team ICE even said they stuck, how could this hello world be out if they have no clue to do it?

Team ICE had nothing to do with that video it said thanks team ice not by team ice. I'm not saying its real though

skater9269
February 7th, 2008, 02:08
This wouldn't be necessary if $ony hadn't sandboxed linux so much. My Intel core 2 duo 2.0 GHZ cracks hashes twice as fast as the cell processor both running john under Linux. Thats just ridiculous. While I doubt the legitimacy of this I really hope that someday I can really use the cell processor for well processing.

splodger15
February 7th, 2008, 15:17
Not sure a POC for us to see would clear things up, But at this moment in time there is a whiff of BS in the air

-Xandu-
February 7th, 2008, 15:22
Could be just an edited video he's playing on the PS3 but, you never know..

Gene
February 7th, 2008, 15:25
for the time being I will say that this is semi-legit, but now we wait and see.:)

Nikolaos
February 7th, 2008, 22:38
Stop saying it's fake people, get your damn moods up. It is hope, it is a rumor! Until you can actually hack the PS3 yourself then just sit back and wait. Your just shooting down any attempts of the PS3 being unlocked. The video can be argued fairly on both sides, over all I think it is hope.

F9zDark
February 7th, 2008, 23:22
Stop saying it's fake people, get your damn moods up. It is hope, it is a rumor! Until you can actually hack the PS3 yourself then just sit back and wait. Your just shooting down any attempts of the PS3 being unlocked. The video can be argued fairly on both sides, over all I think it is hope.

To be honest, as much as I hope that this is real, having "nothing" to go by except the video makes me a little skeptical. Where's the code responsible? Why not release the code and the TIFF used to show everyone that its true?

Don't get me wrong, I hope that it is, because this will have profound effects on the community (possibly allowing us to run homebrew on the PS3). I'd love to play home made games on the PS3; just as I do on the PSP.

DPyro
February 8th, 2008, 02:42
I have just tested something today, and it successfully formated my PS3.

Gizmo356
February 8th, 2008, 04:03
I have just tested something today, and it successfully formated my PS3.
IS that good or bad news lol hope you backed up your saves

DPyro
February 8th, 2008, 04:07
I dunno if its good or bad, it did delete everything on my PS3. Luckily I did have backups of my saved games.

Gizmo356
February 8th, 2008, 04:35
What was it that you tested? If your allowed to talk about it :p

DPyro
February 8th, 2008, 04:37
Just a test file. It was suppose to be a black screen timer but didn't do what it was expected to.

Gizmo356
February 8th, 2008, 04:41
Were in the XMB did you launch it from? ( lol so many questions )

DPyro
February 8th, 2008, 04:44
RFOM exploit

DarthPaul
February 8th, 2008, 05:35
I want to see the Xbox 360 or PS3 with homebrew so bad...