PDA

View Full Version : SEGA Brings 'English of the Dead' to Nintendo DS

JKKDARK
February 7th, 2008, 14:13
via Cubed3 (http://www.cubed3.com/news/9469)

SEGA is currently reaping the rewards of its Wii support, with successes for games such as Sonic and the Secret Rings, Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games, Ghost Squad and even NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams. Recently it revealed that it would be bundling both The House of the Dead 2 & 3 together on Nintendo's home console as well.

However, to add to this resurrection of the immensely popular arcade shooting title, a special spin-off is heading to the Nintendo DS. Whilst in the past a version called 'Typing of the Dead' has appeared on PC, now SEGA will be taking full advantage of the Nintendo DS's wide appeal by releasing 'English of the Dead' this Spring in Japan.

According to early details from Famitsu magazine, this will be an action game where you defeat hordes of zombies with the power of English. The zombies will spurt out Japanese words on the screen and players must quickly write down the English translation on the touch-screen in order to survive. English of the Dead will feature six hectic and gruesome stages, and will feature 'Training' and 'Auto Listening' modes.

quzar
February 7th, 2008, 14:38
Whilst in the past a version called 'Typing of the Dead' has appeared on PC and Dreamcast, now SEGA will be taking full advantage of the Nintendo DS's wide appeal by releasing 'English of the Dead' this Spring in Japan.

fixed. ;)

wiggy fuzz
February 7th, 2008, 19:29
english of the dead?

come on - i want to play on the ds, not learn stuff.

JKKDARK
February 7th, 2008, 19:40
Yeah this game will be more of a joke, not an horror game.

A House of the Dead-style game would be better because the stylus would work perfectly with it.

kcajblue
February 8th, 2008, 01:32
house of the dead would make a much better game.

id rather much play this game with a keyboard, but ill give it a try.

The 80s Man
February 12th, 2008, 02:49
The Typing of the dead is one of the most under-rated games of all time. (because most people don't even know it existed) If I could find any place to buy it for PC, I would. I only have it for the Dreamcast which requires a keyboard adaptor.