PDA

View Full Version : Peggle taps Nintendo DS vein

Shrygue
February 7th, 2008, 19:06
via Joystiq (http://www.joystiq.com/2008/02/07/peggle-taps-nintendo-ds-vein/)

PopCap co-founder John Vechey tells PocketGamer that crack-cocaine derivative Peggle will be available over-the-counter for DS sometime in the future. This follows the announcement in early January that Xbox 360 owners would be able to play the pachinko-style ball bouncer in glorious HD. Considering it's in line with PopCap's strategy, expect Peggle to eventually exist on every appropriate format possible – the article also alludes to a mobile version being in the works.

Vechey says Peggle has now outsold Bejeweled with over ten million downloads. He explains that the game's sales weren't doing well on many casual portals when it first released, but that PopCap kept promoting it on its website and the designer drug took off. We're just waiting for the day a PA (Peggle Anonymous) group pops up on our local community center's bulletin board.

wiggy fuzz
February 7th, 2008, 20:39
this is probably microsoft testing the waters of teh handheld market - they've been trialing stuff on the ds. blue dragon, geometry wars, and now this?

well, that's my take on things :D

Presca1
February 9th, 2008, 02:28
Peggle is really a great game though, I loved playing it on my RealArcade. Very addictive.

Spidery_Yoda
February 10th, 2008, 01:19
Peggle!

I first played Peggle when i got Peggle Extreme with my orange Box pre-order. Then Peggle Deluxe.

And now maybe Peggle DS as well :D.