PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo says no to MMOs

wraggster
February 7th, 2008, 20:09
Well, there go our dreams for a PokéMMO; Nintendo president Satoru Iwata has confirmed that Nintendo has no interest in developing an MMO at this time, possibly putting to rest the rumor of a massively multiplayer version of Animal Crossing, as well as any hope for Nintendo further broadening their online offerings.

Specifically, Iwata stated that Nintendo would only pursue MMO development if the title could appeal to people of all ages, from "5 to 95." Looking at Second Life, Iwata belives that MMOs aren't yet accessible to people without a fair degree of computer literacy, and that Nintendo would want to successfully cross that bridge before considering going the MMO route.

The answer bums us out a bit, but at least it shows that Nintendo isn't entirely close-minded to the possibility. Maybe we'll someday get a PokéMMO after all?

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/02/07/nintendo-says-no-to-mmos/

JKKDARK
February 7th, 2008, 20:21
bad news, I really would like a Pokemon RPG game online. And it would be a smash success inmediately.

ICE
February 7th, 2008, 20:25
No mmo animal crossing? Bah! I was really looking forward to that..

DarthPaul
February 7th, 2008, 22:09
No mmo animal crossing? Bah! I was really looking forward to that..

Same here! :( Sad news...

Jeric
February 8th, 2008, 00:09
Theyr'e lookingtothe wrong MMO, if you base accesability on seconedl ife of course thigns are gonna seem too hard for everybody. Look at Blizzard Nentindo, they own the MMO market, so they mustbe doing something right. Learn from them!

kcajblue
February 8th, 2008, 01:28
i dont really play mmos, so im not really disappointed or anything.

Keitaro Urashima
February 8th, 2008, 13:03
They do the right thing.:D

Jeric
February 8th, 2008, 15:58
I'd disagree on account of a MMO set in hyrule(between link appearances) would just plain rock, or something in the mushroom kingdom or, and this would be a crazy what-if type deal.

Smash Brothers MMO. Nahh, never gonna happen, but it'd be nice. that or having somethng that involves Miis.