PDA

View Full Version : Castlevania: Devilish Resemblance - NES Remake

wraggster
February 7th, 2008, 23:11
http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/8413/devilish2ch9.jpg

Frosty Chaotix (http://palib.info/forum/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=4216&forum=9) posted this news/release:

hello folks

I'm making a Castlevania 1 Remake (The first NES game and stuff)... it's been some weeks ago.

I decided to post here so people can comment/suggest on my project, and watch its development.

I'm also interested in some help, if possible

Well, the game is about the first duel against Count Dracula, as you play with Simon Belmont. His weapon is the classic whip, and you can use items with Up+Attack (just like in the original game).

There will also be a "Time" system, the quicker you pass through levels, more points you'll get.

I'm still finishing the main engine, the only things left to be done are enemies/interactive objects(things you can push,break,etc) and items.

So, what's already done:
-Movement (moving,jumping,falling,etc)
-Attacking
-Sounds (they're very simple, but I'm really wanting to change them)
-Life bars/Time counters/Heart counter/stuff like these.
-A Test Map

Also... i was thinking of making a 'special move' for simon. Something like Richter's Item Crash, what do you think?

DIGG THIS (http://digg.com/nintendo/Castlevania_Homebrew_Game_for_DS)

http://digg.com/nintendo/Castlevania_Homebrew_Game_for_DS

Screenshots:

http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/7192/devilish1de5.jpg

The commands are: Y attacks, B jumps, and you can move Simon with D-Pad

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

williew705
February 7th, 2008, 23:21
This looks like it will be awesome. Looking forward to playing.

podunk320x
February 7th, 2008, 23:29
Nice!!! :-)
Cant wait to play it

DarkJesus
February 8th, 2008, 01:25
Wow! Thanks a lot.

kcajblue
February 8th, 2008, 01:27
looks amazing.
keep up the good work dude. :D

Jeric
February 8th, 2008, 03:36
Lovin the look thusfar and i hope you'll be able to complete the remake.

Now then, after you do this, if you could do CV3........you would have the entire fan community worshipping you.

DarthPaul
February 8th, 2008, 05:25
Nice stuff! I really want a DS with a Flashcard now.

postexitus
February 8th, 2008, 08:12
incredibly nice!! thank you for the effort.. kudos to you.

do you plan on releasing the source code? just asking :)

havoc_012
February 8th, 2008, 09:02
Quite a professional looking homebrew game . I hope you finish it. (=

Keitaro Urashima
February 8th, 2008, 13:00
Look good. Wait try it, when its in final version. I have been playing two Castlevania over & over again until it released whether its in Japanese or English.:D

Jannyripper
February 8th, 2008, 14:23
This is one of the best I've seen so far. I would like it more if you could make the character kneel down and use the whip. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Justise
February 8th, 2008, 15:50
Very Good!
I suggest you to build the game in a "search all the Castle way" (no levels) like the recent Castlevania. I also suggest to think of some new skill and levels (using the already existing sprites and stuff) to make old players want to replay the game!

Jeric
February 8th, 2008, 15:53
Oh I agree. Its nice and all to have the old levels and the like, but adding in some of the new features, bonus content, and the obligitory new final boss AFTER the old final boss would take it over the top.

ChaoticanarchyX
February 8th, 2008, 23:33
Not bad for a home brew (possibley the best I have seen on this system so far.)
Here are my suggestions so far based on the demo.

1. Try to make the frame rate stay constant when your in midair and whiping

2. Croutching

3. I dunno if this is a fanboy preference but, include the moves that ritcher has in SOTN

4. Secret characters? (anyone with me on that one if it can get far enough)

Other then those few things keep up the good work. This looks to be the BEST homebrew on the DS.
I'll download anymore demos that you release.

Jeric
February 9th, 2008, 19:00
Crouching, yes that's something I'd like to see.

If at all possible either find a way to use the sword at simon's hip, or get rid of it. Doesn't matter in terms of gameplay, but I'd personally like it if we don't see something he simply won't use.

an invintory system simmiler to SotN and later(I'd rather not use the soul system seen in the gba CV games or the cards...but out of the two I could see the cards being used rather than anything else if you're going to go for something that adds effects).

Secret characters would be nice, but that would be something I'd hold out on till everything else is done.

Out of curiosity, where ARE the sprites coming from?

mr game porter
February 9th, 2008, 22:21
omg! keep working on this projekt! get more people involved! and for god sake...change the name of the projekt, i don't want k,o,n,a,m,i to sh,uT this do...wn. (want to know why i wrote it like that? think about it...)

masterchief_117
February 26th, 2008, 21:38
this looks awesome keep up the good work

Lorisius
March 7th, 2008, 22:37
Uhm...so, how is the project going? It's been a month now...

coreyw40
July 31st, 2008, 23:14
i would like to help with the game