PDA

View Full Version : What Happened To The PSP

YourStillWithMe
February 8th, 2008, 16:38
Hello, everyone. It has been a long time since ive been to this site and I have to ask one question...What the hell happened here? There is not relevant/good news anymore, the emulators are dead and not being made anymore hardly..,(what happened to that nintendo 64 emulator??) the people that post are liek a completely new crowd...all that seems to be left is that custom firmware crap. What is the point of having all these custom firmwares to run 1.50 code if nothing ever comes out anymore? Does anyone remember the days when new emulators were being released as fast as babys are born? I remember coming online everyday or within every class and something new and cool happened.
2.00 was decrypted and dumpe!, new snes emulator with more speed, NES emulator where the levels could be flipped, sega update, we can actually play n64 on our psps! and other cool stuff...

Not anymore.

JKKDARK
February 8th, 2008, 16:51
The scene is still very very active, people still work on the PSP.

Compare the PSP homebrew scene with any other scene :rolleyes:

cal360
February 8th, 2008, 16:56
It does seem to be slowing down but many projects are still active including Deadalus

anonymous1471
February 8th, 2008, 20:22
I miss those days. Before I singed up, I'd check to see if something new and cool and I've been checking the site for at least two years. I would also love to see :thumbup:Daedalus R14:thumbup: because I hate the way the games sound!:mad:

AdamRav
February 10th, 2008, 14:30
i wouldnt say the psp homebrew scene is dead

its still alive and kicking

the homebrew scene will die, when new custom firmwares dont come out

o2dazone
February 11th, 2008, 19:20
Frontpage of pspupdates has a link to the latest N64 emu.

CFW (Custom firmware) is useful as hell. Ever got tired of using WAB fw fakers to play 1.52 games on your 1.5? Now you can have all the functionality of the latest firmware, but still run homebrews, backups, etc.

Honestly the scene has just gotten better! (Despite my join date for this forum, I've been around for a bit...when AloneTrio was the Dark_Alex of the psp scene LOL)

I will admit, when I got back into it..it was a little more overwhelming. It's a lot more difficult to track down the information you need, unless you know what you're looking for.

Edit: Sorry, I took the OP's post as "what happened to the scene" rather than his original question "What happened to this site?" Yeah, I don't really post here, but tag searching is convenient.

Honestly I just google what I need to know, and click on the first 5 pages that come up =P Which is usually here, pspupdates, pspmod, psp-hacks and then some other site.

mike_jmg
February 15th, 2008, 05:39
you can now play ps1 games on it, via a built in emulator in the firmware, wich of course got hacked and now you can dump your old ps1 discs and play them on the psp

full speed GBA emulator, thanks to Exophase.

CPS1, CPS2, and neogeo emulation full speed.

And all this on the latest sony firmware version, just Custom firmware 3.90M33

edit: this site is still cool, best site ever

Wally
February 15th, 2008, 11:54
the homebrew scene will die, when new custom firmwares dont come out

I object, the scene is quite lively without custom firmwares we don't need custom firmware to play homebrew. Most homebrew works on 1.5

Custom Firmware only offers recovery mode because people keep customising their skins and breaking things..

So anyway, the PSP scene isn't dead. I believe 70% of the projects are being built for competitions or are being moulded together without our knowledge.

Betas usually kill a developer as people whinge about minor things or something gets leaked. We have lost some of the best devs due to leakage.

If someone releases a game for us to use, don't whine about it. Suggest that the developer fixes the problem in a way thats not offensive.

We need more devs thats for sure, nobody has ported Aleph One yet o_O or have they?