PDA

View Full Version : [RELEASE] Flashless Version Changer

gamefreak199101
February 8th, 2008, 20:17
News/release from Jumpr

Even though there is no real use in it, it's neat to have your system information show a different firmware Before this, you needed to HEX-edit the vshctrl.prx and reflash it, this had some danger (well, not with Pandora now, but heh ).

This is a small plugin that allows you to change the version number without any flashing (but in memory, instead), please note that this doesn't allow you to play any new games or use new features, it only changes the version number in system information.

Readme:
Very simple plugin to change the version number in 3.90 M33 System Information, enable the plugin and create a vchanger.txt in the root, which you fill with the version you want.
It doesn't need to be a numeric version, you can use anything you want, even complete words

Note that it MUST be 10 characters, so if yours is shorter add spaces at the end. Example:

Code:
[Devil ]
Without the '[' and ']', that was just to show the number of spaces.
Coded by JumpR, thanks to Kwastie for re-testing on his PSP

It probably won't work on the Slim, but I can't test it as I don't have one, if you tested it on the Slim, please report if it's working or not, so we might be able to solve it in the next version.
Only compatible with 3.90 M33

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments
via jumpr (http://forums.qj.net/f-psp-development-forum-11/t-release-flashless-version-changer-134576.html)

gamefreak199101
February 8th, 2008, 22:36
ne one like it

_JumpR
February 8th, 2008, 23:41
I've already released version 2, which adds Slim support, and automatic spacing to 10 bytes. Could you edit first post please? :)
http://forums.qj.net/showthread.php?t=134576
(new readme too)

Nikolaos
February 9th, 2008, 01:26
ne one like it

I will test this out on slim.

BlacknBlue13
February 9th, 2008, 03:22
Well, I've always liked version changers so I'll give it a try, sounds good

Mr. Shizzy
February 9th, 2008, 07:52
Great work :D

btginsb
February 23rd, 2008, 23:58
does this work on 3.90 M33-2?
cus thats wat im on, and with V1 of the version thing when i tried, it said yyyyyyyy-2. when i tried V2, it says nothing at all. (it doesnt actualy say that, it has a blank spot

it wud be very nize if i had answers soon :)

:thumbup: