PDA

View Full Version : Flashless Version Changer v2

wraggster
February 9th, 2008, 14:00
News/release from Jumpr:

Even though there is no real use in it, it's neat to have your system information show a different firmware Normally you were required to HEX-edit the vshctrl.prx and reflash it, this had some danger (well, not with Pandora now, but heh ). But not anymore, it's all flashless now.

This is a small plugin that allows you to change the version number without any flashing (but in memory, instead), please note that this doesn't allow you to play any new games or use new features, it only changes the version number in system information.

Readme:

Quote:
-- Flashless Version Changer by JumpR
Coded by JumpR, tested on fat PSP by me, FmR and Kwastie.
Tested on Slim by Nick48, great thanks to him for providing me the Slim vshctrl memory dump and allowing me to port it

Very simple plugin to change the version number in 3.90 M33 System Information, enable the plugin and create a vchanger.txt in the root, which you fill with the version you want.
It doesn't need to be a numeric version, you can use anything you want, even complete words But the maximum it can go is 10 bytes, not any longer.

Only compatible with the firmware 3.90 M33, might add other firmwares later.

If you used version 1, there is no longer any need to space it upto 10 characters, it's all fine now

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments
via jumpr (http://forums.qj.net/f-psp-development-forum-11/t-release-flashless-version-changer-134576.html)

ryda713
April 5th, 2008, 19:01
doesnt work...

i put the vchanger.prx in ms0:/seplugins

but it doesnt show up under <plugins> in recovery mode!!!

help please

and the vchanger.txt is at ms0:/vchanger.txt

im on 3.90 m33-3

LilSwish722
April 5th, 2008, 19:13
The Vchanger txt should be in the seplugins folder also...

ryda713
April 6th, 2008, 02:58
The Vchanger txt should be in the seplugins folder also...

still no luck
both files
vchanger.txt is in x:/seplugins
vchanger.prx x:/seplugins

when i go to plugins>> under recovery all i see is the irsautoboot.prx which is also in x:/seplugin and that schit is for irshell :(

yes the vchanger.txt is less than 10bytes

LilSwish722
April 6th, 2008, 03:03
what does your vchanger.txt say?

ryda713
April 6th, 2008, 03:34
what does your vchanger.txt say?

nvm got it

fix here: http://www.consolespot.net/forums/showthread.php?t=6735
lol i made that post