PDA

View Full Version : DrugWars v1.02

wraggster
August 10th, 2005, 02:10
Shaun Taylor has released DrugWars for the Nintendo DS, heres the news from both early versions:

v1.02

– Got rid of unneeded buffers which caused a faster load time, and put in button repeating for L/R and Up/Down buttons.

v1.01

For my first homebrew project, I decided to do a remake of the ever-present, always-popular DrugWars text rpg. I wanted to make it stand out a little, so I added some city images, which ended up making the entire project rather large. In a future version, I might consider compression and an unpacking lib, but for now, lets hope you have highspeed. This uses the font and sprite routines I wrote in the last sample, and you can also see from the screenshots where I was really intending to use that random splash image on the Font/Sprite Routines demo. Unlike the first demo I put out, this is actually compiled to run properly on the emulator iDeaS. I haven't been able to test this on hardware, but you might want to uncomment the lcdSwap(); line in the arm9.c file to get the screens right on hardware.”

Version 1.01 posted for comment. Fixed a/b swap mistake and the dealer fight bug.
Version 1.0 posted for comment. Please give feedback to DragonMinded in #dsdev or email me at [email protected].

Download Here --> http://nintendo-ds.dcemu.co.uk/drugwarsds.shtml