PDA

View Full Version : FAS1 v1.5 Released: The Speed Version

Smiths
February 10th, 2008, 19:05
I've updated my Flash Advance Pro writing software for the Nintendo DS to version 1.5: The SPEED version.

While tinkering with the AceKard R.P.G. and adding native FAS1 abilities within the AceKard GUI, I stumbled upon an odd reason for flashing speeds on a Flash Advance cartridge to be capped at the speed they were: GUI updates.
It's odd, I know, but simply removing the constant updates to the progress of flashing has resulted in FAS1 routines now programming a Flash Advance Pro cartridge at 9.5 seconds per meg! That's a lot better than the original 18 seconds, no?
This is also pretty much equal to the EZ Flash 3in1's NOR writing speed (9s/meg), so it's win-win all around!
I also threw in GBAFrame support, because why not?

Downloads are available at http://fas1.googlecode.com, and the source has been updated in the SVN.

Sleepwalker
February 11th, 2008, 06:35
I'd like to see an F2A version :)

eder182
February 11th, 2008, 13:04
It would be great if there was something that worked with the "ezflash II powerstar 256mbit."

Jeric
February 11th, 2008, 16:43
Ok, should any other card users get excited over this?

Smiths
February 12th, 2008, 02:26
Not really. I only own a FlashAdvance Pro and so that's all there is that's supported.
If I owned others, then I'd work to support them.
If you know any programmers who are still around with a F2A cartridge, let them know about this program and the source being out there.