PDA

View Full Version : PSP Quake 1.1 with AdHoc

kgsws˜™
February 10th, 2008, 21:13
Only little update of HW_UM Quake 1.1 by Juraj Styk.

what is new?
- AdHoc multiplayer
- Show ammo and health in fullscreen mode

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

pkmaximum
February 11th, 2008, 00:38
Awesome =)

But why do I feel like there are so many versions of Quake and Doom =/

siulmagic
February 11th, 2008, 02:38
i cant get the adhoc to work it wont turn on, other than that im loving it specialy the full screenmode -D il try on 3.90 kernel

EDIT:i teste adhoc in 3.90 kernel and still nothing =/ lan wont turn on

bah
February 11th, 2008, 05:07
pkmaximum:
There is one stand out quake port and that is PSP Quake by Juraj Styk (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=85515). kgsws˜™ has added ad-hoc to version 1.0 and now 1.1 of PSP Quake as it was about the only thing lacking.

There are a few others, including the peterm/chris swindle port that Juraj Styk's work is based on, but I would certainly advise everyone to use either PSP Quake 1.1 (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=85515)or this new adhoc update kindly released by kgsws˜™.

Mods:Shouldnt the front page link for PSP Quake go to Juraj Styk's full 1.1 release thread, with a link to this one?

Raziel-chan
February 11th, 2008, 13:23
Stiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiill crashes on song change...

cya
Raziel-chan

j3r3mie
February 11th, 2008, 13:29
Is there a officiel site ? a source ?

Buddy4point0
February 11th, 2008, 21:44
I think there are already alot of dooms and quakes that support adhock already

bah
February 12th, 2008, 07:08
Buddy4point0: There are other Quake ports, but none of them are as polished as Juraj Styk's PSP Quake.
I've never tried any of the doom ports multiplayer.

You can try the others but I'm sure you'll come to the same conclusion. Apart from the CD-Audio bug its close on perfect.
I've played the whole original game and most of the first mission pack (hipnotic) with it, have tested the 2nd mission pack quickly also.
Looks great (hardware renderer), plays great (easy to config the controls) and runs great at 222mhz.

So this addition of ad-hoc for those who want it to such an awesome port is certainly worthwhile.

To me its the best FPS on the PSP, and its a port of an almost 12 year old PC title. :)

siulmagic
February 12th, 2008, 10:17
i havent got adhoc to work yet have eny of you?

r-complex
February 12th, 2008, 22:42
Very nice update indeed! Run @ 333Mhz & use VSync.. Smooth as butter! Beats the HELL out of the XBOX port.. (Had No Hardware Video).. Until now.. my fav port was the DreamCast port of Quake! But, I couldn't take *that* to the toilet (or, wherever else I go) with me! Hope this dude decides to make a Quake II port!

Be3f
February 14th, 2008, 12:31
Awesome work, kgsws˜™! If only McZonk's Quake 2 port, at least latest multiplayer beta (with source code included;)) had Ad-Hock too... :rolleyes:

Hope this dude decides to make a Quake II port!
Visit this: http://emergencyexit.untergrund.net/

pigpen
February 23rd, 2008, 17:09
Sort of works, you can start the game with the server machine and find it with another, but the game on the clients never starts and sits on a console screen.

Bugger!

2dumb2live
May 19th, 2008, 03:42
i can get the 1.1 version of the eboot to work with the psphalo game jomart and i are making.

here is the error

The following error occured:
Draw_TransPic: bad coordinates

Press CROSS to quit.

i go through the startup script and right before the menu pops up i get that error.

PSPdemon
July 26th, 2008, 00:00
sorry to revive a old thread but i too get that error... im researching it still for a fix but if anyone can tell me whats casuing it ill be very grateful :D

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

ricky006
January 21st, 2009, 17:00
Yes me too i am receiving the same error
here is the error

The following error occured:
Draw_TransPic: bad coordinates

Press CROSS to quit.

its like it can't find the map or somethin

1 fat psp 1 slim both same 5.00 m33 both kernals set to 5.xx mode

ricky006
January 21st, 2009, 20:03
the only version of adhoc mode i can get to work is with the Peter Mackay and Chris Swindles version of quake v2 the software only one. also u have to use eloader for some reason otherwise you wont get past the switching on adhoc mode for some reason. i can succesfully hook up 1 fat and 1 slim psp firmware 5.00 m33 this way plays ok multiplayer but i wish i could use the hardware rendering version of quake but it duznt show up in the eloader menu like the software version. any 1 know how to get eloader to recognise the hardware adhoc version of quake please . thankyou. im using the latest eloader

the single player game will boot no problem without eloader , i just want to use eloader to get past the adhoc bug that u normally cant get past with out eloader , like i said wen i tried a multiplayer adhoc on software version it didnt work but with eloader it worked , but now i want to try hardware version with eloader but hardware version wont show up in eloader menu like software version . bit confusing but sum 1 must understand wot im going on about . cheers