PDA

View Full Version : Fable 2: 'We've been keeping Peter focused' says MS

Shrygue
February 11th, 2008, 17:28
via Computer and Video Games (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=182022)

"I hope Fable 2 is going to be really beautiful and that it will be considered the best-looking game," Kim told MTV during a recent chat at the DICE gaming summit. He also mentioned that Banjo will be a "big hit for us this holiday"...

Remember when Peter Molyneux held his hands up and said that he just might have been guilty of over-hyping some of the features in the original Fable? Following the game's release on Xbox back in 2004 he said, "What happens is that we strive to include absolutely everything we've ever dreamt of and, in my enthusiasm, I talk about it to anyone who'll listen, mainly in press interviews. When I tell people about what we're planning, I'm telling the truth, and people, of course, expect to see all the features I've mentioned."

Four years later and all that's still stuck in the mind of Microsoft, who makes it sound like Molyneux's not being allowed to talk during lesson time. "I'm trying to do [lead creator Peter [Molyneux]'s job a little bit, because Peter was accused of over-hyping Fable 1. And so we've been keeping Peter really focused. I obviously believe it's going to be a huge title," Kim said.

Molyneux will be talking (up) Fable 2 at the Game Developers Conference in San Francisco this week. Stay tuned for more on that.

Hit the link above and look out for Kim slipping into the conversation that the long-awaited Banjo-Kazooie game will be a big hit for 360 "this holiday".

November release anyone? That'll do us nicely!