PDA

View Full Version : DSVideo - Wavelet video player for NDS

wraggster
February 11th, 2008, 20:58
News/release from nickludlam (http://forum.gbadev.org/viewtopic.php?t=14992)

We've just opened the doors to http://dsvideo.recoil.org/ which contains binaries and source for our Wavelet video codec.

The player includes a short sample video for testing, and we've provided command-line encoders for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux. It uses FFmpeg, so should be able to convert any kind of videos you want.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

DarkJesus
February 11th, 2008, 22:21
Works amazingly. Gotta do some tests now to compare the quality against dpg in moonshell.

da_head
February 12th, 2008, 00:08
let me no if there's a difference between the quality of moonshell and this please. if not, i'll just stick with moonshell.

Steely
February 12th, 2008, 01:53
Agh, looks very nice. Can't install Framework 3.5 on my computer though... ARGH.

Perhaps a new section for gbatmw?

DarkJesus
February 12th, 2008, 03:45
Couldn't use the encoder on 64-bit linux.

Eyedunno
February 12th, 2008, 08:41
I'm also interested in quality comparisons (not that Moonshell is bad, of course).

Looking at the sample flash on that site, it does look better than Moonshell though. A lot of testing at different bitrates seems warranted though, and I'm too lazy to do it.

Mini Moose
February 12th, 2008, 09:10
I don't understand how to use this. The given instructions aren't very clear.

Some help would be very nice.

I r running OS X.

Jan-H
February 12th, 2008, 13:53
@Mini Moose: Sorry, I can't help you. (I'm using Windows....)
But the video quality is very good!

cloud_952
February 12th, 2008, 15:37
From what I can tell, it seems to do a pretty impressive job, and the encoding times really aren't so bad. O_o But that might be related to the fact that I'm using a new computer since the last time I encoded videos for the DS.

Anyway, great job!

vandemar
February 13th, 2008, 05:40
I don't know how to do any of this either, but i have windows, help would be greatly appreciated, I am excited to get this sucker up and working.

Mini Moose
February 13th, 2008, 06:08
@Mini Moose: Sorry, I can't help you. (I'm using Windows....)
But the video quality is very good!

Oh, that's alright. (: It mustn't be too great if they don't provide proper instructions.

I just don't understand how to compress videos into the special format.

sbmile
February 14th, 2008, 22:40
im having the same problem as mini moose but i run windows. i like the way that you can fast foward and rewind as seen in the video

Jan-H
February 15th, 2008, 15:05
My (maybe complicated) instruction for Windows:
Start->Run->cmd
Then you type in: [harddisk where DSV is on]:\[Folder where DSV is on]\dsvideo.exe [input file with Directory]

An example:
C:\Documents and Settings\Jan-H\Dsvideo\dsvideo.exe -o output-example.dsv C:\Videos\1.avi

With "-o" you tell the program the name of the output video. You can leave it, but then the output file is told output.dsv. All output files are in C:\Documents and Settings\[Your Username]\

DanTheManMS
February 15th, 2008, 22:42
The updated encoder version is even easier. If you don't specify a filename for output, it will keep it as VideoName.dsv in the folder the original video file was in. You can even just drag-and-drop the video file onto the encoder file and it will work, though if you want custom options you'll need to enter them from the command-line.

sandeepthukran
November 9th, 2009, 05:58
hello,
i want to download .dsv file media player.