PDA

View Full Version : Physics Game

wraggster
February 12th, 2008, 17:51
News/release from SG57: (http://jordansg57.googlepages.com/)

Rather then do numerous physics problems that try to engrain the same thing into my mind tonight, I thought making a quick fun little game that demonstrates what were currently doing to be a bit more beneficial in the long run. Nothing insanely complicated or intricate so don't expect that (before I get a bashing).

Well, your a square with an elastic extension jutting out of you (O.o) connected to a smaller square (your weapon of choice). Object of hte game is to flail that sucker around to send the other red squares that are out to get you to flying. (it's pretty addictive hitting them all and watching them sail off the screen).

Credit goes to OSlib for the graphics and input. Various sources elsewhere for a few formulas I wasn't %100 on at the time. Oh and a tiny easter egg is in there, not much but hey something to shoot for when playing should you like those kinda things

I dunno where else to go with this. I guess I could add sounds, power ups, levels, bgm/mp3 playback. I don't have any intention to at the time however, unless wanted I suppose. One thing that's very possible is adding a config file to edit the physics on the fly (should make for interesting mods O.o (band strength, number of enemies, colors, shapes, speed, etc.))

I suppose I could upload a few screens, but they wouldn't do it justice IMO.

Select to cycle through bg effects (one of them turns them off if you dont like them).
Start is pause.
R and L triggers will make subtle changes to the background effects (yet those small changes result in a big graphical difference ^^).
Analog / D-Pad - move your guy

(I'll still have to do the numerous problems... public school educational system ftl .....)

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

gymnotropic
February 12th, 2008, 18:40
A couple things. Screenshots? (I'm lazy.) That, and where's the download link?

LilSwish722
February 12th, 2008, 23:20
I'd download this is there was a link...

Safari Al
February 13th, 2008, 00:19
Here's a temp dl link for ya

titch.ryan
February 13th, 2008, 08:59
sounds cool. thanks for the link al.