PDA

View Full Version : GPS psp-290 doesn't work?

nazgull
February 13th, 2008, 10:42
Today I got my gps device- psp-290 form ebay, but I can't get it working.
What I have done:
I am using 3.90m33 phat psp.
I have installed MapThis! 5.20 in the game380 folder.
I have put my map in the maps fowder.
I have copy-pasted usbacc.prx and usbgps.prx files from my flash0/kd folder.
When I run the program, chose my map and then enter GPS mode with square... nothing happens:(
It doesn't detect my postion even if I wait for a couple of minutes.
What am I doing wrong? Please help me.

pp: sorry for my bad english

spychacz84
February 13th, 2008, 11:47
r u using gps outside? u need to use gps outside - where sky is open - no walls, no roof etc

nazgull
February 13th, 2008, 12:03
Thank you, now it works! :D

maksidaa
February 13th, 2008, 22:10
I just got my psp-290 as well, but when i plug it in to my psp nothing happens. i'm waiting for a pandora battery to downgrade, but do i have to downgrade in order to check if my psp-290 even works? if i plug it in w/out cfw will it not be recognized by my psp? thanks

AdamRav
February 13th, 2008, 22:58
I just got my psp-290 as well, but when i plug it in to my psp nothing happens. i'm waiting for a pandora battery to downgrade, but do i have to downgrade in order to check if my psp-290 even works? if i plug it in w/out cfw will it not be recognized by my psp? thanks

if your on official firmware then you will have to wait until the release of the officail software Go! Explore

it launches in europe in spring

dunno when it comes on it the US

maksidaa
February 14th, 2008, 01:51
if your on official firmware then you will have to wait until the release of the officail software Go! Explore

it launches in europe in spring

dunno when it comes on it the US

so if the psp doesn't respond to the psp-290 then it doesn't mean the psp-290 is defective?

and does that also mean that sony is just releasing the software for the psp-290 to be compatible with the U.S./Europe, or will they be releasing a completely different gps device that will make the psp-290 obsolete?

just a few questions, thanks for the response.

AdamRav
February 14th, 2008, 08:47
so if the psp doesn't respond to the psp-290 then it doesn't mean the psp-290 is defective?

and does that also mean that sony is just releasing the software for the psp-290 to be compatible with the U.S./Europe, or will they be releasing a completely different gps device that will make the psp-290 obsolete?

just a few questions, thanks for the response.

Yea, nothing happens when you put the gps device in anyway, i thought mine was defective at first but it should be fine

Yea, sony will release in Europe first then the US. untill then you could try Deniskas mapthis, which works fine aswell

i dont think a new gps device for the psp is planned anytime soon

maksidaa
February 14th, 2008, 13:10
Yea, nothing happens when you put the gps device in anyway, i thought mine was defective at first but it should be fine

Yea, sony will release in Europe first then the US. untill then you could try Deniskas mapthis, which works fine aswell

i dont think a new gps device for the psp is planned anytime soon

thanks for the info. i've been making maps so that as soon as i get my pandora battery i'll be ready to use the gps device, but i wonder if it will all be worthless once the U.S. version is released by sony. then again, i'm sure sony will come up with a way to limit how good it is and it'll need to be hacked anyways.:thumbup:

stevea1234
February 14th, 2008, 23:37
Just spent several hours trying to get my PSP-290 to work. Tried everything, but eventually found this link:

http://groups.google.com/group/chilly-willys-ice-flow/browse_thread/thread/aab29837d0a8339f?hl=en

The last post links to a forum that has the original keys and using IDstoragemanager I found that about 10 keys were corrupt on my TA-82 PSP. After restoring the originals it now WORKS!!!

Plus, GO!Explore can be found on the net now if you look hard enough ;-)

biglexxy
March 21st, 2008, 01:54
hello just got my 290 today i live in the states I had no idea that it would be sooo hard to use. someone please give me a step by step of how to work this thing. including which site to get mapthis thanx :thumbup:

r2000
March 21st, 2008, 03:02
The information are all there if you searched. It really is simple and easy if you get te right information.

The problem is there are TOO MANY information and tutorials spread around from many sites spanning a long time.

I wish there is an OFFICIAL site with the latest files and installation instructions so people would not waste so much time doing the wrong things!

Nieko
March 21st, 2008, 08:16
That's exactly what the wikibook is for. See its sticky.