PDA

View Full Version : Fanboy Wars!

gdf
February 13th, 2008, 17:23
I haven't posted a thread in a while, so I thought I'd start a Fanboy War Thread!

Basically, two people pick a subject and argue opposite ways about it.

To start off, PS3 vs 360.

GO!

ICE
February 13th, 2008, 17:36
I give this 6 posts before it turns into flaming.

MasterMunt
February 13th, 2008, 17:54
PS3 all the way.

More powerful,
web browser,
1080P,
fully updatable Blu-Ray built in,
Yellow Dog Linux running on it,
free online play and free online downloads,
SixAxsis,
one of the best DVD upscalers,
wireless out of the box,
Easier media streaming,
PS2 and PS1 playback (on 60gb),
looks better,
multi-regional PS3 games,
DivX playback,
Self-Upgradable HDD,
Game Updates.

Enough Said?

I will give the Xbox 2 things though -

Gears of War + Dead Rising.

Accordion
February 13th, 2008, 18:08
PS3: not destined to break, MGS4, Little Big Planet, Team ICO Project 3[and 4 possibly?], Resistance 2[lag free 60 player online, 8 player co-op, greatest weapons] Fair DRM system for sharing files with 5 other people,files not locked to system, backup utility, a future.

MasterMunt
February 13th, 2008, 18:10
Thank you for finishing the rest of my list off :D

quzar
February 13th, 2008, 18:51
If you people want to do this proper without flaming, go ahead, but I'll be watching. Also, I'd suggest you remove things, or at least distinguish things, that are opinions and not facts.

"looks better" is not an objective assessment, whereas "1080p" is.

MasterMunt
February 13th, 2008, 22:34
yeah i agree, i just added the looks better as an opinion thing lol

ICE
February 14th, 2008, 00:02
In a PS3 vs 360 battle I would have to choose PS3. Sony knows what they're doing by now and they have a pretty decent track record. As far as raw power goes I figure that when PS3 is fully utilized it will have the edge there.

Blu ray seems to be the way to go as well now. More storage by far means everything but price should be better. Multimedia works very well on PS3 with its hard drive and I have to imagine they'll do some neat stuff with PSP integration in the near future so I think PS3 is the winner in my eyes.

It may not have the games just yet but I think its clearly the better system and in time the games will go, logically, to the PS3. Except in the case of the Wii because games will come to it because everyone and they're mother wants one or already has it.

SnesR0X
February 14th, 2008, 00:49
PS3 all the way.

More powerful, often not proven when you look at the games, but it is true
web browser, a nice feature actually, ps3 one is dreadfully slow and crappy compared to pc ones though
1080P, 360 does this, although we all know it's upsclaed
fully updatable Blu-Ray built in,
Yellow Dog Linux running on it,
free online play and free online downloads, you get what you pay
SixAxsis, Poorer battery life, no rumble
one of the best DVD upscalers, 360's is great too
wireless out of the box, yes nice
Easier media streaming, Easier how? I use wireless internet, and my 360 is hooked up to the router, so i didn't have to buy an adapter to connect from my comp to 360 wirelessly
PS2 and PS1 playback (on 60gb),
looks better, I laugh at your barbecue shaped console
multi-regional PS3 games,
DivX playback, I believe 360 gained this ability as well
Self-Upgradable HDD, With the proper tools 360 can too
Game Updates. Once again true on 360 as well

Enough Said?

I will give the Xbox 2 things though -

Gears of War + Dead Rising.
and ,maybe Halo 3, Bioshock, Double Agent, Crackdown, Fable 2, Mass Effect, Forza 2, PGR3&4, Dead or Alive 4, and all the multi-platform games

not looking for a big argument btw just like to input something

Accordion
February 14th, 2008, 01:10
and ,maybe Halo 3, Bioshock, Double Agent, Crackdown, Fable 2, Mass Effect, Forza 2, PGR3&4, Dead or Alive 4, and all the multi-platform games

Actually the Web browser is quite fast, since the last two updates there was a dramatic increase in speed, and i use it very often for browsing kotaku and DCEMU with no problems and comparable loading to Safari.

Free 40 player lag free gaming is getting what you pay for. I also have to point back to the DRM used by the PSN much more open. Five users with full access to downloaded content. Monetary values are a plus

In my experience Sixaxis last for 30 hours as stated, DS3 last for 15+hours no problems. If you play longer than that in one sitting you have a problem. I agree it is 'poorer' but not poor.

At least it isn't grey…[or green]

DivX is completely integrated into the PS3 though, i can store movies on the internal drive, and download straight to the console [from the web browser]

the HDD access is much better on the PS3, full backup utility, partitioning [shame about the limits] accepts any 2.5 laptop drive.

ICE
February 14th, 2008, 02:32
360 can do most things PS3 can but they almost all feel tacked on and you need to buy something to do it.

SnesR0X
February 14th, 2008, 03:12
360 can do most things PS3 can but they almost all feel tacked on and you need to buy something to do it.

Besides the wireless adapter (which you don't actually need to get wireless media streaming) what are you referring that you need to buy? Live? The quality is quite a step up from the Playstation Online.

ICE
February 14th, 2008, 04:04
You mentioned the wifi thing. PS3 has blu ray and 360 has hd-dvd. PS3's is built in 360's isnt. Divx seems tacked on and isnt integrated as well, the 1080p is weak, the entire online component has to be bought.. lol

360 can do some great stuff but PS3 does it better and easier.

SnesR0X
February 14th, 2008, 20:34
You mentioned the wifi thing. PS3 has blu ray and 360 has hd-dvd. PS3's is built in 360's isnt. Divx seems tacked on and isnt integrated as well, the 1080p is weak, the entire online component has to be bought.. lol

360 can do some great stuff but PS3 does it better and easier.

Well it's always been a matter of opinion, so what's better to one person can be seen as something unnecessary to the next. Personally I don't want Blu-ray or HD-DVD, DVD works fine as it is. I'll be ready to switch to another format next generation when everyones already decided the winner. The wifi thing? No effort, just as good in terms of ability. Like I said before, the online service is of better quality than the PS3's. I personally would love to have free online service, but comparing it to live, the latter is superior. The 360's 1080p may have some criticisms, but it looks damn good to me on a 42'er :D.

gdf
February 16th, 2008, 21:51
Wow, there are lots of PS3 fanboys here.

I prefer 360 as you know, I just think that overall the games are better. Despite that, MGS4 and FFXIII> than any individual games on 360.

mike_jmg
February 17th, 2008, 08:38
yeah, pretty much the only different games are MGS4 and FFXIII, but you're forgetting GOW 3.

Those are the only ones, every other game has a 360 version and they're cheaper, I'm still deciding between these two

The one thing I really dislike about the 360 is that the controllers need AA batteries and ps3s are rechargeable ones

Accordion
February 17th, 2008, 13:44
yeah, pretty much the only different games are MGS4 and FFXIII, but you're forgetting GOW 3.

Those are the only ones, every other game has a 360 version and they're cheaper, I'm still deciding between these two

The one thing I really dislike about the 360 is that the controllers need AA batteries and ps3s are rechargeable ones

i see no one has any respect for Sony Computer Entertainments first party developers then.

dejkirkby
February 17th, 2008, 14:20
Ratchet and Clank Tools of Destruction is the best game I've ever played on any system.
Makes my PS3 well worth it's price.

gdf
February 17th, 2008, 15:22
Ratchet and Clank Tools of Destruction is the best game I've ever played on any system.
Makes my PS3 well worth it's price.

Lies.

dejkirkby
February 17th, 2008, 15:25
No Lies.
gdf=360 FANBOY!!!

gdf
February 17th, 2008, 15:50
Nah, I'm a Ninty man at heart.

Screw that, I'm an Ocarina Of Time fanboy.

Jak II > Any Ratchet game.

dejkirkby
February 17th, 2008, 16:03
Play Tools of Destruction and you will be converted!
"Another lucky shot by Moustachio"

JKKDARK
February 22nd, 2008, 20:04
Play a Nintendo Wii game on your local store and you will buy a Wii inmediately.

Accordion
February 22nd, 2008, 23:06
Play a Nintendo Wii game on your local store and you will buy a Wii inmediately.

true…

how long it lasts however…

JKKDARK
February 22nd, 2008, 23:20
true…

how long it lasts however…

I don't know, 15-30 minutes in a local store. I think that's enough ;)

Eviltaco64
February 22nd, 2008, 23:24
PS360. Period.

Oh, and JKK! You got unbanned!

ExcruciationX
February 23rd, 2008, 02:29
I'm not really fanboyish, if I play a good game, I'm humble enough to admit it.

Shadowblind
February 23rd, 2008, 02:40

NO! Not at all. You know why?

You forgot some. I'll just top it off.

Bioshock
Crackdown
Mass Effect
Gears of War
Fable 2
Too Human
Tales of Vesperia
Halo 3
Halo Wars
Dark Sector
Double agent
Orange Box
Assasins's Creed
Stranglehold
Lost Odyssey
Blu Dragon
Eternal Sonata
Lost Planet
Fr0za Motorsport
PGR 3
PGR 4
Dead or Alive
Dead Rising
Ninja Gaiden 2
CoD4
N+
C:SoN
Doom
Undertow
Rainbow Six vegas
Skate
Guitar Hero II
Guitar Hero III
Rock Band
Elder Scrolls Oblivion
Alien Hominid
GRAW
GRAW2
FEAR
DMC4
Virtua Fighter 5
Prey
Quake 4
CoD 2
CoD 3
Burnout Revenge
Burnout Paradise
Sega Rally
Madden '08
Gears of War 2
Prototype
Rainbow Six Vegas 2

And thats naming a few. Good day. And as for Wii, I'm starting to like it quite a bit more. With SSBB, de Blob and Tales of Symphina: Dawn of the new world (THANK YOU!!!!!!) I may fall in love all over again. :)

Oh, and as long as I see that nice little blood-red gear with a skull and the number 2 in it, flaunt MGS4 all you want. Maybe after sawing a few thousand locusts to piecemeal, I'll gain interest. Don't count on it ;)

P.S. Don't compare graphics. As it stands, all you'll do is lose. Wait until MGS4 comes out THEN try to compare graphics. Try. At least, until GoW2 comes out.

ICE
February 23rd, 2008, 03:11
Shadowblind, when your 360 dies will you tell us so we can laugh? lol just kidding.. Seriously though..

JKKDARK
February 23rd, 2008, 03:23
Shadowblind, when your 360 dies will you tell us so we can laugh? lol just kidding.. Seriously though..

Good. He will show you his brand new Xbox 360 thanks to the Microsoft warranty.

ICE
February 23rd, 2008, 03:37

You shouldnt need a warranty. My n64 still works great so why cant they make a console that runs for a year?

Eviltaco64
February 23rd, 2008, 04:18

Hahaha, that reminds me of something like: Come to North Korea! We have swimming pool! They're are pretty girls here!

ExcruciationX
February 23rd, 2008, 04:30
Hahaha, that reminds me of something like: Come to North Korea! We have swimming pool! They're are pretty girls here!
Yeah, it does. JKKDARK doesn't have very good english.

BTW, you're in the 2nd revison of The 300,000th DCEmu Forum Member Celebration South Park Episode script.

Eviltaco64
February 23rd, 2008, 04:32
Yeah, it does. JKKDARK doesn't have very good english.

BTW, you're in the 2nd revison of The 300,000th DCEmu Forum Member Celebration South Park Episode script.

:eek: :D

SnesR0X
February 23rd, 2008, 10:31
You shouldnt need a warranty. My n64 still works great so why cant they make a console that runs for a year?

I believe that every console deserves a warranty, and it just so happens that the 360 has a decent enough warranty to cover all charges. So, even if the console breaks, it doesn't matter. you get another one, with no charge. I simply cannot understand how someone complains about that kind of service. I have been f-ed over many things I have bought over the years that have broken and I have no way of replacing it without buying another. My n64 works fine as well, but it won't forever, neither will yours, and it's for sure you won't get a free new replacement.

JKKDARK
February 23rd, 2008, 14:07

This is a false statement. Most of the Xbox 360 users didn't change their consoles in one year.

Also read what SnesR0X said ;)

Accordion
February 23rd, 2008, 14:46
I believe that every console deserves a warranty, and it just so happens that the 360 has a decent enough warranty to cover all charges. So, even if the console breaks, it doesn't matter. you get another one, with no charge. I simply cannot understand how someone complains about that kind of service. I have been f-ed over many things I have bought over the years that have broken and I have no way of replacing it without buying another. My n64 works fine as well, but it won't forever, neither will yours, and it's for sure you won't get a free new replacement.

there is a charge.

If you have to send your console away, be without a console for days/weeks and then get a crippled DRM system in return. that is a charge.

As i have said elsewhere, how is that during the PSP launch i could get a replacement console sent to me within 24 hours of phoning customer support, yet Microsoft makes you wait for a refurbished console when supply chain and production quality should be running smoothly.

Anyone yet have the answer to whether the 3 year warranty applies to customers or consoles. I ask because usually warranties cover new replacements not refurbs or repairs, considering older units are still in replacement circulation, this is very worrying.

ICE
February 23rd, 2008, 16:40
My point was that a good console shouldnt just stop working that early in its life. My neighbor still has a snes that runs perfectly because its a good console. MS should need a warranty because people are stupid and break things not because they cant make a console that runs.

Shadowblind
February 23rd, 2008, 18:19

Lol, actually, I think I'm maybe the only person on the planet who gained something from my first 360 dying. After a while I got a new one, still angry at Microsoft. So I gave my broken Xbox to my brother.

He then opened it and wrapped the memory cores in eraser shavings then left it on for 20 minutes and the rubber melted into the cracks, thus fixing it.

Wh00t! I finally have someone to play against on TF2. He created a 360stein! :D So my tragedy led to prosperity. My new 360 is still working great, though....

gdf
February 23rd, 2008, 21:45
there is a charge.

If you have to send your console away, be without a console for days/weeks and then get a crippled DRM system in return. that is a charge.

As i have said elsewhere, how is that during the PSP launch i could get a replacement console sent to me within 24 hours of phoning customer support, yet Microsoft makes you wait for a refurbished console when supply chain and production quality should be running smoothly.

Anyone yet have the answer to whether the 3 year warranty applies to customers or consoles. I ask because usually warranties cover new replacements not refurbs or repairs, considering older units are still in replacement circulation, this is very worrying.

Because you're a Sony fanboy :thumbup:

Anyway, it's really bad. The 360's failure rate is pretty shocking, Microsoft REALLY screwed up with it.

Accordion
February 24th, 2008, 00:33
Because you're a Sony fanboy :thumbup:

Anyway, it's really bad. The 360's failure rate is pretty shocking, Microsoft REALLY screwed up with it.

perhaps…

The replacement issue is not really against Microsoft, i just find that level of support ridiculous. Usually other products get full recalls for less severe issues, and two years in this problem should be sorted out properly.
It is odd how so many take this lightly, a 3 year warranty is great but microsofts problems should not leave the consumer without the product they purchased.

How there hasn't been any legal action against it is very strange

[off-topic, i like three year warranties, Apple was kind enough to extend my Macbook Pro warranty until end of 2009 because. very kind.]

SnesR0X
February 24th, 2008, 06:42
NO! Not at all. You know why?

You forgot some. I'll just top it off.

Bioshock
Crackdown
Mass Effect
Gears of War
Fable 2
Too Human
Tales of Vesperia
Halo 3
Halo Wars
Dark Sector
Double agent
Orange Box
Assasins's Creed
Stranglehold
Lost Odyssey
Blu Dragon
Eternal Sonata
Lost Planet
Fr0za Motorsport
PGR 3
PGR 4
Dead or Alive
Dead Rising
Ninja Gaiden 2
CoD4
N+
C:SoN
Doom
Undertow
Rainbow Six vegas
Skate
Guitar Hero II
Guitar Hero III
Rock Band
Elder Scrolls Oblivion
Alien Hominid
GRAW
GRAW2
FEAR
DMC4
Virtua Fighter 5
Prey
Quake 4
CoD 2
CoD 3
Burnout Revenge
Burnout Paradise
Sega Rally
Madden '08
Gears of War 2
Prototype
Rainbow Six Vegas 2

And thats naming a few. Good day. And as for Wii, I'm starting to like it quite a bit more. With SSBB, de Blob and Tales of Symphina: Dawn of the new world (THANK YOU!!!!!!) I may fall in love all over again. :)

Oh, and as long as I see that nice little blood-red gear with a skull and the number 2 in it, flaunt MGS4 all you want. Maybe after sawing a few thousand locusts to piecemeal, I'll gain interest. Don't count on it ;)

P.S. Don't compare graphics. As it stands, all you'll do is lose. Wait until MGS4 comes out THEN try to compare graphics. Try. At least, until GoW2 comes out.

remember, I said and all the Multi-platform games, it's sorta pointless to list them when arguing in what console is better, since others already have it.