PDA

View Full Version : DoomPS2 Released

wraggster
February 13th, 2008, 18:41
Finally the PS2 gets some homebrew loving :)

Lukasz (http://lukasz.dk/2008/02/11/doom-playstation-2-port/)has ported Doom to the PS2, heres the details:

Doom by id Software seems to available for every platform known to man, except for the PlayStation 2. So I wondered how long it would take to port it over to PS2 and the answer to that question turned out to be less than 3 hours. Using the PS2 port of SDL, gsKit (SDL requires it for video) and PS2SDK, all available from PS2dev.org Subversion repository and a SDL port of Doom available here, I managed to get a very basic (read: hackish) port of Doom running on the PS2 without much effort.

I’ve only tested the port over PS2Link and it will most likely not run from a CD-R. There is no sound, however there is support for sound in PS2 SDL, but does not appear to work with Doom and I havn’t investigated the cause. Saving and loading of games works, as they just save to host/PC. The Dualshock controls are as follow (USB keyboard and mouse are untested)

Left Analog Stick : MoveCross : EnterSquare/R1 : CTRL / FireCircle/R2 : Space / Open doorsTriangle : EscapeL1 : xL2 : yL1 and L2 are for entering savegame namesI will not continue to work on this port, it was just a quick nostalgic proof of concept port :-)

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Anonymous D
February 13th, 2008, 19:35
ps2 homebrew, long time no see lol. gonna try this now, mine only gets used for sms atm, nice to have a game to play.

edit: doesnt appear to run from my usb hd.